Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Fat or skinny TV chefs or cuisine?

My favorite is Lidia Matticchio Bastianich on PBS. Maybe it's just that her
cuisine appeals to me the most?

Is there a way to explain it?

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
> My favorite is Lidia Matticchio Bastianich on PBS. Maybe it's just that

her
> cuisine appeals to me the most?
>
> Is there a way to explain it?
>
> Andy

See Om's joke post about men and marriage :-)
--
Lefty

Life is for learning
The worst I ever had was wonderful

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ray Ray is offline

> My favorite is Lidia Matticchio Bastianich on PBS. Maybe it's just that
> her
> cuisine appeals to me the most?
>
> Is there a way to explain it?

I don't know who said this, but I truly believe it...

"Never trust a skinny chef."

"Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
> My favorite is Lidia Matticchio Bastianich on PBS. Maybe it's just that
> her
> cuisine appeals to me the most?
>
> Is there a way to explain it?
>
> Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ray" > wrote

> I don't know who said this, but I truly believe it...
>
> "Never trust a skinny chef."

Giada can cook for me any time.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 9 Apr 2006 19:01:14 -0400, "Nancy Young" >
wrote:

>"Ray" > wrote
>
>> I don't know who said this, but I truly believe it...
>>
>> "Never trust a skinny chef."

>Giada can cook for me any time.

I've always hated that saying, anyway. What does someone's
metabolism/body shape have to do with whether or not they have good
tastebuds and cooking skill? Just silly, if you ask me (and I realize
no one asked me.)

serene

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>"Ray" > wrote
>
>> I don't know who said this, but I truly believe it...
>>
>> "Never trust a skinny chef."

>Giada can cook for me any time.

Right, she's one that popped into my mind. I like her recipes. I'd be a
lot more inclined to dismiss her based on her life of priviledge than I
would because of her size, and I'm not really inclined to do that, either.

--
Siobhan Perricone
One trend that bothers me is the glorification of
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Siobhan Perricone wrote:

> >My favorite is Lidia Matticchio Bastianich on PBS. Maybe it's just that her
> >cuisine appeals to me the most?
> >
> >Is there a way to explain it?

> Who cares what they are? I evaluate them by what they cook and how annoying
> they are to watch. Fat or skinny has nothing to do with it.

I was born big. I have to work really hard to control my weight. By the time I
was 12 I was bigger than my oldest brother who had almost 6 years on me. He was
always very trim. He has always eaten at least three times as much as I eat. My
next older brother eats a lot more than I do, and he drinks a lot of beer. It
isn't fair.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 09 Apr 2006 19:13:55 -0400, Dave Smith >
wrote:

>Siobhan Perricone wrote:
>
>> >My favorite is Lidia Matticchio Bastianich on PBS. Maybe it's just that her
>> >cuisine appeals to me the most?
>> >
>> >Is there a way to explain it?

>> Who cares what they are? I evaluate them by what they cook and how annoying
>> they are to watch. Fat or skinny has nothing to do with it.

>I was born big. I have to work really hard to control my weight. By the time I
>was 12 I was bigger than my oldest brother who had almost 6 years on me. He was
>always very trim. He has always eaten at least three times as much as I eat. My
>next older brother eats a lot more than I do, and he drinks a lot of beer. It
>isn't fair.

Nah, it's not. What's more unfair is how society will treat you because of
the assumptions they make due to your size.

I have chronic metabolic problems that make it nearly impossible for me to
lose a lot of weight. Though it was a long time before I got the diagnoses
that helped me understand it better. I had already gone through the pain
of being fat, feeling ashamed of being fat, and finally coming out the
other side to accept that I'm a fat woman and it's really ok for me to be
that (unapologetically). I'm so many *other* things, as well. Fat is just
one of the things I am, and it's just as wrong to focus on that as it would
be to focus on the colour of my skin or my religion as a my single defining
trait.

I'm willing to bet there's a whole lot more to you than bein' a big guy.
So tell me, what sorts of things are your favourite treats?

--
Siobhan Perricone
One trend that bothers me is the glorification of
stupidity, that the media is reassuring people it's
all right not to know anything.... That to me is
far more dangerous than a little pornography
on the Internet. - Carl Sagan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Serene wrote:

> On Sun, 9 Apr 2006 19:01:14 -0400, "Nancy Young" >
> wrote:
>

>>"Ray" > wrote
>>

>>>I don't know who said this, but I truly believe it...
>>>
>>>"Never trust a skinny chef."

>>Giada can cook for me any time.

> I've always hated that saying, anyway. What does someone's
> metabolism/body shape have to do with whether or not they have good
> tastebuds and cooking skill? Just silly, if you ask me (and I realize
> no one asked me.)
>
> serene

Hey, I'm a skinny cook and always have been. I love food, eating food,
preparing food, and enjoying food. I'm skinny and after all these years
nothing is going to change that but I'm still a damn good cook by most
standards.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > writes:
>"Ray" > wrote

>> I don't know who said this, but I truly believe it...
>>
>> "Never trust a skinny chef."

>Giada can cook for me any time.

I agree, she's got great recipes, but I honestly don't know how she
cooks. The idea that a good chef won't be skinny is probably urban
legend, but our best local chef is even larger than I am, which is a
real accomplishment. He's the best chef I've experienced and I don't
know why he's here in a small Kansas town. It makes me think the old
adage really is true.

Stacia

Skinny Soup? §² Vegetarian cooking 0 09-10-2006 04:05 PM
TV Chefs and Real Chefs Grizzman General Cooking 42 27-05-2006 06:50 PM
California Skinny Dips Duckie ® Recipes 0 25-07-2005 09:02 PM
Greek Chefs Learn Turkish Cuisine WolfWolf General Cooking 5 20-11-2003 04:32 AM