Old 03-04-2006, 01:53 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default newbie

On Mon 03 Apr 2006 06:46:03a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Melba's
Jammin'?

In article ,
"Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan" wrote:

"craftydragon1951" hitched up their panties
and posted oups.com:

I'm new to this group. I like to experiment with recipes and don't like
to measure. G

Welcome. I don't like to measure much either. Neither does Barb Schaller.
Michael

I do when I'm baking -- that's more exacting that cooking most stuff,
IMO.

Yep, baking is like chemistry. The wrong formulae usually don't work.

--
Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬
_____________________

Old 03-04-2006, 02:46 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

http://jamlady.eboard.com Updated 4-2-06, Church review #11

Old 03-04-2006, 03:08 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

I see what you mean! ugh
Shana

Old 03-04-2006, 03:08 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

craftydragon1951 wrote:

I'm new to this group. I like to experiment with recipes and don't
like to measure. G

I was in the recipes group but they are only recipes or requests for
recipes -- how boring.

Shana

Hello and welcome!

I am still kind of new myself.

The more, the merrier!
Old 03-04-2006, 03:25 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

craftydragon1951 wrote:

I see what you mean! ugh
Shana

Hi craftydragon1951. Welcome. It's not always this bad, sometimes it's
worse Seriously it is a great ng and I'm sure you will enjoy it.
Just put on an asbestos suit, tweak your killfile, have a couple of
drinks and enjoy. Whatever you do, don't use an email addy that you
care about and don't post pics unless you want them stolen. Other than
that there are a lot of really nice folks here with a lot of cooking
knowledge. Pleased to meet you

--
A two faced, low-life, sorry excuse for a person, posting on
rec.food.cooking steals other posters' pics posing them as their own.

Old 03-04-2006, 04:26 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

~patches~ wrote:
craftydragon1951 wrote:

I see what you mean! ugh
Shana

Hi craftydragon1951. Welcome. It's not always this bad, sometimes it's
worse Seriously it is a great ng and I'm sure you will enjoy it.
Just put on an asbestos suit, tweak your killfile, have a couple of
drinks and enjoy. Whatever you do, don't use an email addy that you
care about and don't post pics unless you want them stolen. Other than
that there are a lot of really nice folks here with a lot of cooking
knowledge. Pleased to meet you

I've been posting with my real e-address for years and haven't had any
problems. The amount of spam I receive seems to correlate more with how
recently I've placed a bid for something on eBay.

(If I posted using my Real Life™ name, I probably would use a fake address)

Bob
Old 03-04-2006, 10:03 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 10:26:52 -0500, zxcvbob
wrote:

~patches~ wrote:
craftydragon1951 wrote:

I see what you mean! ugh
Shana

Hi craftydragon1951. Welcome. It's not always this bad, sometimes it's
worse Seriously it is a great ng and I'm sure you will enjoy it.
Just put on an asbestos suit, tweak your killfile, have a couple of
drinks and enjoy. Whatever you do, don't use an email addy that you
care about and don't post pics unless you want them stolen. Other than
that there are a lot of really nice folks here with a lot of cooking
knowledge. Pleased to meet you

I've been posting with my real e-address for years and haven't had any
problems. The amount of spam I receive seems to correlate more with how
recently I've placed a bid for something on eBay.

(If I posted using my Real Life™ name, I probably would use a fake address)

I use my real name and the same email address I've used for years, and
I've never had a problem.

serene
Old 04-04-2006, 07:00 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

~patches~ wrote:

drinks and enjoy. Whatever you do, don't use an email addy that you
care about and don't post pics unless you want them stolen. Other than

I've been posting with my real e-address for years and haven't had any
problems. The amount of spam I receive seems to correlate more with how
recently I've placed a bid for something on eBay.

(If I posted using my Real Life™ name, I probably would use a fake address)

I use my real name and the same email address I've used for years, and
I've never had a problem.

I've been using my real Email address (although it's changed over the
years), my real name and my real location for 15 years here.

--
Dan Abel

Petaluma, California, USA

Newbie louisxiv Winemaking 4 07-08-2006 11:14 PM
Newbie Q's Bulletsnbrains Winemaking 6 13-03-2006 12:28 AM
A NEWBIE HERE!!!.... arem_29 Recipes 1 30-09-2005 03:54 PM
newbie following newbie pu er threads Lara Burton Tea 12 29-08-2005 05:26 PM