Old 01-04-2006, 04:23 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Salted ANGEL'S CAKE (pics and recipe)

This is a good idea for an entrée or a picnic.

here are some pics:
http://i2.tinypic.com/spiudc.jpg

http://i2.tinypic.com/spi5wk.jpg

http://i2.tinypic.com/spi634.jpg

http://i2.tinypic.com/spi691.jpg

http://i2.tinypic.com/spiql1.jpg

http://i2.tinypic.com/spir12.jpg

http://i2.tinypic.com/spirgk.jpg

http://i2.tinypic.com/spiro4.jpg

http://i2.tinypic.com/spirua.jpg

http://i2.tinypic.com/spis05.jpg

http://i2.tinypic.com/spis6o.jpg

http://i2.tinypic.com/spise9.jpg

*Salted Angel's cake*

Category: salted cakes
Nb persons: 8

For the FIRST DOUGH:
135 g strong flour
4 g dry yeast
100 ml water
DOUGH:
400 g strong flour
120 g milk - lukewarm
3 eggs - only yolks (plus 1 whole for final
-brushing)
3 tsp salt
120 g butter - softened
FILLING:
20 black olives - minced
6 dry tomatoes - under oil and drained
70 g cooked ham - minced

1)Make the dough with the first ingredients. Make a ball and let it sit ,
covered, for about half an hour.
2) Make the dough with the second list of ingredients plus the first dough.
Kneed till all the ingredients are perfectly mixed.
You will obtain another ball. Cover with a cloth and put in a lukewarm place
for about 2 hours.
When it's ready (it should have been risen ) put it on a rolling board and
make a rectangule of about 5-6 millimeters thick.
Put over it the ingredients of filling and then begin to roll it. You will
obtain a big salami. Cut it along the lenght in two halves and plait them.
Then make a big circle with a hole in the middle which you will put over a
baking pan covered with baking paper. Brush it with a beaten egg.
Put in hot oven (200°C) for about 35-40 minutes.

Nutritional facts per serving (daily value):
Calories 384kcal
Protein 11g (22%)
Total Fat 15g (24%)
Sat. 9g (43%)
Chol. 104mg (35%)
Carb. 50g (17%)
Fiber 2g (7%)
Sugars 1g
Calcium 39mg (4%)
Iron 3mg (19%)

----------

Exported from Shop'NCook 3.1 (http://www.shopncook.com)

--
Cheers
Pandora

Old 01-04-2006, 05:48 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 1 Apr 2006 17:23:28 +0200, "Pandora"
wrote:

This is a good idea for an entrée or a picnic.

here are some pics:
http://i2.tinypic.com/spiudc.jpg

*Salted Angel's cake*

snip for brevity

WOO-hoo! This one looks terrific, Pandie!

I will try this soon and let you know how it turns out.

Boron
Old 01-04-2006, 06:28 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

This is a good idea for an entrée or a picnic.

here are some pics:
http://i2.tinypic.com/spiudc.jpg

*Salted Angel's cake*

snip for brevity

WOO-hoo! This one looks terrific, Pandie!

I will try this soon and let you know how it turns out.

Yes it is very very good, thank you and it is already almost finished ! I
have forgotten to write cheese. In the filling I have put also 70-80 gr. of
toma cheese (you can put fontina or something similar).
Let me know.

--
Cheers
Pandora

Boron

Old 01-04-2006, 06:45 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Pandora wrote:
This is a good idea for an entrée or a picnic.

This looks wonderful
I think I am going to try it with spinach, chevre and artichoke hearts

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com
Old 01-04-2006, 06:52 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 1 Apr 2006 19:28:51 +0200, "Pandora"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

This is a good idea for an entrée or a picnic.

here are some pics:
http://i2.tinypic.com/spiudc.jpg

*Salted Angel's cake*

snip for brevity

WOO-hoo! This one looks terrific, Pandie!

I will try this soon and let you know how it turns out.

Yes it is very very good, thank you and it is already almost finished ! I
have forgotten to write cheese. In the filling I have put also 70-80 gr. of
toma cheese (you can put fontina or something similar).
Let me know.

Interesting that you should mention that. my husband and I were
admiring your pictures and thinking, "Gosh, those white clumps look
like cheese!"

I copied the recipe with a note to add some cheese.

Off to the market to find some supplies.

Mille grazie!

Boron

Old 01-04-2006, 07:15 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"The Bubbo" ha scritto nel messaggio
Pandora wrote:
This is a good idea for an entrée or a picnic.

This looks wonderful
I think I am going to try it with spinach, chevre and artichoke hearts

GNAM GNAM!!!!!!!
Then tell me how it comes out. Possibly make a pic too

--
Cheers
Pandora

Old 01-04-2006, 07:17 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

. ..
wrote:

This is a good idea for an entrée or a picnic.

here are some pics:
http://i2.tinypic.com/spiudc.jpg

*Salted Angel's cake*

snip for brevity

WOO-hoo! This one looks terrific, Pandie!

I will try this soon and let you know how it turns out.

Yes it is very very good, thank you and it is already almost finished !
have forgotten to write cheese. In the filling I have put also 70-80 gr.
of
toma cheese (you can put fontina or something similar).
Let me know.

Interesting that you should mention that. my husband and I were
admiring your pictures and thinking, "Gosh, those white clumps look
like cheese!"

I copied the recipe with a note to add some cheese.

Sorry! I was in the hurry and I forgot ((((

Off to the market to find some supplies.

OK! I Am happy you enjoyed it ))

Mille grazie!

Grazie a te !

--
Cheers
Pandora

Boron

Old 01-04-2006, 08:39 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Pandora wrote:

Yes it is very very good, thank you and it is already almost finished ! I
have forgotten to write cheese. In the filling I have put also 70-80 gr. of
toma cheese (you can put fontina or something similar).
Let me know.

The dough is rising now. My daughter and I added provolone cheese to the
recipe for a bolder flavor. We're using roast pork instead of ham.

Have you ever made this to be a sweet pastry with fruit or nuts?

Pastorio
Old 01-04-2006, 09:11 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bob (this one)" ha scritto nel messaggio
Pandora wrote:

Yes it is very very good, thank you and it is already almost finished
! I have forgotten to write cheese. In the filling I have put also
70-80 gr. of toma cheese (you can put fontina or something similar).
Let me know.

The dough is rising now. My daughter and I added provolone cheese to the
recipe for a bolder flavor. We're using roast pork instead of ham.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Bob are you already doing it? Unbelievable!!!!
It's a good idea with roast.
I must tell you that mine has risen very few before baking, but it has risen
a lot in the oven.
So don't be afraid
Let me know and post pics

Have you ever made this to be a sweet pastry with fruit or nuts?

Original recipes was sweet. with gelée fruits and nuts . I have never made
like this , but I would like to try. Perhaps for Easter.

--
Cheers
Pandora

Pastorio

Old 01-04-2006, 09:52 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

here are some pics:
http://i2.tinypic.com/spiudc.jpg

I think that's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

serene

Old 01-04-2006, 10:01 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

You are too kind, Serene! And it is very simple to do
cheers
Pandora
------------------------

Old 01-04-2006, 10:08 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 1 Apr 2006 23:01:02 +0200, "Pandora"
wrote:

You are too kind, Serene! And it is very simple to do
cheers

Okay, I'm gonna try it today. Wish me luck! I don't usually have much
luck with baking.

serene
Old 01-04-2006, 10:11 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

You are too kind, Serene! And it is very simple to do
cheers

Okay, I'm gonna try it today. Wish me luck! I don't usually have much
luck with baking.

serene

Yes I wish you a lot of lucky! Remember to put inside also 70-80 gr. of
cheese (cut in little pieces) and don't worry if it won't rise too much. it
will rise in the oven.
Let me know.
Cheers
Pandora

Old 02-04-2006, 02:07 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

This is a good idea for an entrée or a picnic.

Took a walk to the local Italian grocery/deli and bought some of our
favorite marinated tomatoes, some dry salami (we don't like ham very
much), and some good fontina for this recipe. I'll take pictures as I
go along.

serene
Old 02-04-2006, 08:29 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

news
wrote:

This is a good idea for an entrée or a picnic.

Took a walk to the local Italian grocery/deli and bought some of our
favorite marinated tomatoes, some dry salami (we don't like ham very
much), and some good fontina for this recipe. I'll take pictures as I
go along.

Ok! Salami will work very good. I must try
I wait for pics .

--
Cheers
Pandora