Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Peanut Masala

Indian Cuisine is more than just curries. It is a way of cooking. I am
giving a recipe of Peant bar munchies

http://www.indiacurry.com/appetizers/peanutmasala.htm

Masala Peanuts Recipe
This is one of the popular bar munchies at Indian restaurants. It goes
good with a cold glass of India Pale Beer, as well as a cup of Garam
Chai (Sweetened hot tea latte). The varies slightly with the chosen
peanuts. I don't like Dry roasted peanut, during dry-roasting, the oil
is extracted away leaving behind a very different texture. In this
recipe I have chosen un-salted roasted shell-on peanuts. They are cheap
and readily available at most of the stores.
Masala peanuts are served in a ramekin dish with a spoon.

Ingredients
1. Roasted Peanuts: 1¼ Cup, Shelled, without skin.
2. Canola oil: 1 Tablespoon
3. Onion: 1 finely chopped
4. Salt: 1 teaspoon
5. Cayenne ground: ¼ teaspoon
6. Serrano:1 to 2, Washed and chopped
7. Garlic: 2 cloves, peeled and finely chopped
8. Cilantro: 2 Tablespoons, Washed. Pick leafs, discard stems.
9. Lime juice: 2 Tablespoons

Method
1. Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan at medium.
2. Add peanuts. Stir around about two to four minutes. You need the
peanuts to get warm.
3. Add remaining ingredients except lime juice. Stir and fry about 5 to
ten minutes stirring occasionally till the peanuts start turning brown.
4. Turn off heat. Stir in lime juice.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu 30 Mar 2006 12:20:54p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Yogi Gupta?

> Indian Cuisine is more than just curries. It is a way of cooking. I am
> giving a recipe of Peant bar munchies
>
> http://www.indiacurry.com/appetizers/peanutmasala.htm
>
> Masala Peanuts Recipe
> This is one of the popular bar munchies at Indian restaurants. It goes
> good with a cold glass of India Pale Beer, as well as a cup of Garam
> Chai (Sweetened hot tea latte). The varies slightly with the chosen
> peanuts. I don't like Dry roasted peanut, during dry-roasting, the oil
> is extracted away leaving behind a very different texture. In this
> recipe I have chosen un-salted roasted shell-on peanuts. They are cheap
> and readily available at most of the stores.
> Masala peanuts are served in a ramekin dish with a spoon.
>
> Ingredients
> 1. Roasted Peanuts: 1¼ Cup, Shelled, without skin.
> 2. Canola oil: 1 Tablespoon
> 3. Onion: 1 finely chopped
> 4. Salt: 1 teaspoon
> 5. Cayenne ground: ¼ teaspoon
> 6. Serrano:1 to 2, Washed and chopped
> 7. Garlic: 2 cloves, peeled and finely chopped
> 8. Cilantro: 2 Tablespoons, Washed. Pick leafs, discard stems.
> 9. Lime juice: 2 Tablespoons
>
> Method
> 1. Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan at medium.
> 2. Add peanuts. Stir around about two to four minutes. You need the
> peanuts to get warm.
> 3. Add remaining ingredients except lime juice. Stir and fry about 5 to
> ten minutes stirring occasionally till the peanuts start turning brown.
> 4. Turn off heat. Stir in lime juice.

That sounds delicious! Copied and saved for sometime soon!

--
Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬

Tikki Masala Dan Logcher[_2_] Asian Cooking 9 14-03-2013 11:42 PM
Corn on the cob Masala [email protected] General Cooking 0 14-05-2008 04:37 AM
Mushroom Masala [email protected] Recipes (moderated) 0 20-09-2006 07:22 AM
Masala Cookies Duckie ® Recipes 0 08-04-2005 12:34 PM
Fish In Masala Old Magic1 Recipes (moderated) 0 01-03-2005 05:33 AM