Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default My Buttercream Recipe

Two sticks of butter. 1/2 pound
Two sticks Crisco = two cups shortening...

I whip this till silky

2tsp good vanilla. I like Adam's extract best.
1/4 tsp salt

I then add 6 cups powdered sugar, one by one... I recommend only using a
Kitchen aid as this recipe eats hand held mixers like crazy. Slow speed
or...sugar cloud mess.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mary Hogan" > wrote in message
> Two sticks of butter. 1/2 pound
> Two sticks Crisco = two cups shortening...
>
> I whip this till silky
>
> 2tsp good vanilla. I like Adam's extract best.
> 1/4 tsp salt
>
> I then add 6 cups powdered sugar, one by one... I recommend only using a
> Kitchen aid as this recipe eats hand held mixers like crazy. Slow speed
> or...sugar cloud mess.

OK...what do you do with this artery killing concoction? :-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Doug Kanter" > wrote:

> "Mary Hogan" > wrote in message
> > Two sticks of butter. 1/2 pound
> > Two sticks Crisco = two cups shortening...

(snip)

> OK...what do you do with this artery killing concoction? :-)

Ice a cake.
Frost a cookie.
Tint it for use in a decorating tube.
Use as you would white icing. Silly Boy,
--
-Barb
<http://jamlady.eboard.com> Updated 3-27-2006 It Can Can!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Doug Kanter" > wrote:
>
>> "Mary Hogan" > wrote in message
>> > Two sticks of butter. 1/2 pound
>> > Two sticks Crisco = two cups shortening...

> (snip)
>>
>> OK...what do you do with this artery killing concoction? :-)

> Ice a cake.
> Frost a cookie.
> Tint it for use in a decorating tube.
> Use as you would white icing. Silly Boy,

Ah...OK. Boobie dressing. Got it. :-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Doug Kanter wrote:
> "Mary Hogan" > wrote in message
>> Two sticks of butter. 1/2 pound
>> Two sticks Crisco = two cups shortening...
>>
>> I whip this till silky
>>
>> 2tsp good vanilla. I like Adam's extract best.
>> 1/4 tsp salt
>>
>> I then add 6 cups powdered sugar, one by one... I recommend only using a
>> Kitchen aid as this recipe eats hand held mixers like crazy. Slow speed
>> or...sugar cloud mess.

> OK...what do you do with this artery killing concoction? :-)

Maybe Chung has the antidote...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sanity's Little Helper" > wrote in message
om...
> Doug Kanter wrote:
>> "Mary Hogan" > wrote in message
>>> Two sticks of butter. 1/2 pound
>>> Two sticks Crisco = two cups shortening...
>>>
>>> I whip this till silky
>>>
>>> 2tsp good vanilla. I like Adam's extract best.
>>> 1/4 tsp salt
>>>
>>> I then add 6 cups powdered sugar, one by one... I recommend only using
>>> a Kitchen aid as this recipe eats hand held mixers like crazy. Slow
>>> speed or...sugar cloud mess.

>> OK...what do you do with this artery killing concoction? :-)

> Maybe Chung has the antidote...

Let's "glow" on the subject together. And, gimme a beer, will ya?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mary Hogan" > wrote in message
> Two sticks of butter. 1/2 pound
> Two sticks Crisco = two cups shortening...
>
> I whip this till silky
>
> 2tsp good vanilla. I like Adam's extract best.
> 1/4 tsp salt
>
> I then add 6 cups powdered sugar, one by one... I recommend only using a
> Kitchen aid as this recipe eats hand held mixers like crazy. Slow speed
> or...sugar cloud mess.

This would make a tasty pie-in-the-face pie. Also good for slathering. This
is a very tactile Buttercream I think.

Tasty with tactile-ocity --I like that in a Buttercream :-)
Lefty

Life is for learning
The worst I ever had was wonderful

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mary Hogan wrote:
> Two sticks of butter. 1/2 pound
> Two sticks Crisco = two cups shortening...
>
> I whip this till silky
>
> 2tsp good vanilla. I like Adam's extract best.
> 1/4 tsp salt
>
> I then add 6 cups powdered sugar, one by one... I recommend only using a
> Kitchen aid as this recipe eats hand held mixers like crazy. Slow speed
> or...sugar cloud mess.

Wow, you must bake some really big cakes!!!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed 29 Mar 2006 07:20:42p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Lefty?

> "Mary Hogan" > wrote in message
>> Two sticks of butter. 1/2 pound
>> Two sticks Crisco = two cups shortening...
>>
>> I whip this till silky
>>
>> 2tsp good vanilla. I like Adam's extract best.
>> 1/4 tsp salt
>>
>> I then add 6 cups powdered sugar, one by one... I recommend only using
>> a Kitchen aid as this recipe eats hand held mixers like crazy. Slow
>> speed or...sugar cloud mess.

> This would make a tasty pie-in-the-face pie. Also good for slathering.
> This is a very tactile Buttercream I think.
>
> Tasty with tactile-ocity --I like that in a Buttercream :-)
> Lefty
>
> Life is for learning
> The worst I ever had was wonderful

The father of a highschool chum was a baker. IIRC correctly, this was a
frosting recipe they used in the bakery for many cakes. It can be piped
for decorating. When a snow-white frosting is necessary, they used all
Crisco.

--
Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬