Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dinner Tonight

"Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" > wrote in message
>I worked this morning. Then I went horseback riding this afternoon. I'm
> worn out. I'm getting a pizza from Two Nice Guys on Manchester. Provided
> I can climb into the Jeep. Missing your seat and sailing over a fence is
> no fun. Hildy just balked a little but I had not seated correctly and
> paid
> the price. Steven will not be home until only Gawd turns him loose.
> What's
> everyone else doing for chow?
>
> Michael

I'm new, my name is Mary Hogan.

I tried Giada Delaurentiis' lasagna rolls friday night with her "nonna's"
lemon ricotta biscuits and I have got to tell you, it was wonderful

Yesterday it was rib eye and a baked potatoe and asparagus.

Today, it was my lemon, ginger curry sauce.

Start out with a half a cup of my own chicken stock to which I use a
tablespoon of chopped garlic and a small chopped onion.

I add to that two tablespoons of butter and a tsp of curry powder and a tsp
of ginger. I have to keep it mild because my mother likes everything just
under radical..so no heat. To this I add a half of a lemon zest and a tblsp
of lemon juice. And about a quarter cup of cream of celery soup which I
keep in the freezer as needed, after opening.

I use the mildest little shake of Old Bay because I want it in the
background and a small shake of onion powder.

I cooked this until the onions were translucent.

I cut two large haddock filets in half each.

I spread a third of the sauce on the bottom of a glass pie pan. I salted
the haddock with kosher salt and pepper and it fit beautifully in the pie
pan. I slathered the rest of the sauce and baked it for 25 minutes at 375.
I checked for flakiness.

It was delectible with acorn squash and brussel sprouts.

> --
> "The most remarkable thing about my mother is that for thirty years she
> served the family nothing but leftovers. The original meal has never been
> found."
>
> --Calvin Trillin

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mary Hogan" > wrote in message

> "Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" > wrote in message
>>I worked this morning. Then I went horseback riding this afternoon. I'm
>> worn out. I'm getting a pizza from Two Nice Guys on Manchester.
>> Provided
>> I can climb into the Jeep. Missing your seat and sailing over a fence is
>> no fun. Hildy just balked a little but I had not seated correctly and
>> paid
>> the price. Steven will not be home until only Gawd turns him loose.
>> What's
>> everyone else doing for chow?
>>
>> Michael

> I'm new, my name is Mary Hogan.
>
> I tried Giada Delaurentiis' lasagna rolls friday night with her "nonna's"
> lemon ricotta biscuits and I have got to tell you, it was wonderful
>
> Yesterday it was rib eye and a baked potatoe and asparagus.
>
> Today, it was my lemon, ginger curry sauce.
>
> Start out with a half a cup of my own chicken stock to which I use a
> tablespoon of chopped garlic and a small chopped onion.
>
> I add to that two tablespoons of butter and a tsp of curry powder and a
> tsp of ginger. I have to keep it mild because my mother likes everything
> just under radical..so no heat. To this I add a half of a lemon zest and
> a tblsp of lemon juice. And about a quarter cup of cream of celery soup
> which I keep in the freezer as needed, after opening.
>
> I use the mildest little shake of Old Bay because I want it in the
> background and a small shake of onion powder.
>
> I cooked this until the onions were translucent.
>
> I cut two large haddock filets in half each.
>
> I spread a third of the sauce on the bottom of a glass pie pan. I salted
> the haddock with kosher salt and pepper and it fit beautifully in the pie
> pan. I slathered the rest of the sauce and baked it for 25 minutes at
> 375. I checked for flakiness.

I covered it with foil for the first fifteen minutes.

> It was delectible with acorn squash and brussel sprouts.
>

>> --
>> "The most remarkable thing about my mother is that for thirty years she
>> served the family nothing but leftovers. The original meal has never been
>> found."
>>
>> --Calvin Trillin

> News==----
> Newsgroups
> =----

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan wrote:

> > Lovely mean snipped and saved for future use<

> I was just so sore and tired yesterday. I could not cook. I got home and
> just passed out on the couch. I got a tongue lashing for the horseback
> riding though, from the S.O. My doctors are not allowing it. I do it
> anyway

To hell with them Michael. Riding rules.!!!

Sunday is the only morning that I have to set an alarm because I have a 9 am
riding lesson and have to be there 1/2 early to tack up. I am usually awake
before the alarm because I look forward to my weekly lesson and ride. I
probably should have taken a break from it because I am still still from
getting thrown 3 weeks ago. This morning I went outside before 7 am and it
was almost warm enough to call it spring. We started out lesson outside but
had to go inside for the jumping because there were no standards outside.

If this old fart can so the jumping, you can go for a ride and not put up with
any bovine crap.