Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Kirkland's pots

Hello - re about the pan I posted a few days ago and got some good advice
from "you all" regarding returning it to Costco.

Today I did take it back and they were quite interested in the pan. They
said that they had not had any problems so far and were glad to know about
the problem I had. They asked me if I wanted to replace the pan, replace
the whole set, or if I wanted my money back. I had my pan with me, and I
asked for a new pan.
A done deal --

They told me to keep a close eye out for any other flaws on my pans and to
bring them in at any time if I felt there was a problem.
It is nice to go to a store where there is mutual trust and respect. The
people in customer service have been there for 12 years and there's not a
one that have ever given me a hard time -- soooo appreciated!

Thanks for all your support.
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"RoR" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 00:12:39 -0500, "Dee Randall"
> > wrote:
>
>>Hello - re about the pan I posted a few days ago and got some good advice
>>from "you all" regarding returning it to Costco.
>>
>>Today I did take it back and they were quite interested in the pan. They
>>said that they had not had any problems so far and were glad to know about
>>the problem I had. They asked me if I wanted to replace the pan, replace
>>the whole set, or if I wanted my money back. I had my pan with me, and I
>>asked for a new pan.
>>A done deal --
>>
>>They told me to keep a close eye out for any other flaws on my pans and to
>>bring them in at any time if I felt there was a problem.
>>It is nice to go to a store where there is mutual trust and respect. The
>>people in customer service have been there for 12 years and there's not a
>>one that have ever given me a hard time -- soooo appreciated!
>>
>>Thanks for all your support.
>>Dee Dee
>>

> I'm so glad it worked well for you. Life CAN be good...

> Rick R

<big grin> Rick, I like your attitude -- BTW, that's exactly how I felt!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 00:12:39 -0500, Dee Randall wrote:

> Hello - re about the pan I posted a few days ago and got some good advice
> from "you all" regarding returning it to Costco.
>
> Today I did take it back and they were quite interested in the pan. They
> said that they had not had any problems so far and were glad to know about
> the problem I had. They asked me if I wanted to replace the pan, replace
> the whole set, or if I wanted my money back. I had my pan with me, and I
> asked for a new pan.
> A done deal --
>
> They told me to keep a close eye out for any other flaws on my pans and to
> bring them in at any time if I felt there was a problem.
> It is nice to go to a store where there is mutual trust and respect. The
> people in customer service have been there for 12 years and there's not a
> one that have ever given me a hard time -- soooo appreciated!

Dee..... are you the one that was looking for a new set a couple of
months ago, discussed it here in rfc and settled on Kirkland? I
thought the set of pot and pans I saw saw on their web site looked
great and compared favorably to the higher priced stuff, so I'm sorry
to hear it didn't work out. Because CostCo offers high quality at low
prices under their brand name, I believe they mean it when they tell
you to keep them posted.

I'll google this thread to see what the problem was.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 00:12:39 -0500, Dee Randall wrote:
>
>> Hello - re about the pan I posted a few days ago and got some good
>> advice
>> from "you all" regarding returning it to Costco.
>>
>> Today I did take it back and they were quite interested in the pan.
>> They
>> said that they had not had any problems so far and were glad to know
>> about
>> the problem I had. They asked me if I wanted to replace the pan,
>> replace
>> the whole set, or if I wanted my money back. I had my pan with me, and
>> asked for a new pan.
>> A done deal --
>>
>> They told me to keep a close eye out for any other flaws on my pans and
>> bring them in at any time if I felt there was a problem.
>> It is nice to go to a store where there is mutual trust and respect.
>> The
>> people in customer service have been there for 12 years and there's not
>> one that have ever given me a hard time -- soooo appreciated!
>>

> Dee..... are you the one that was looking for a new set a couple of
> months ago, discussed it here in rfc and settled on Kirkland? I
> thought the set of pot and pans I saw saw on their web site looked
> great and compared favorably to the higher priced stuff, so I'm sorry
> to hear it didn't work out. Because CostCo offers high quality at low
> prices under their brand name, I believe they mean it when they tell
> you to keep them posted.
>
> I'll google this thread to see what the problem was.

I believe it was Boron that bought the same pans. Reading her enthusiasm at
that time encouraged me take my pan that I felt was defective back to
Costco.
I still love these pans. I pan-fried mahi-mahi fish today at a high heat
that I wouldn't have gone that high with non-stick. I even like the way it
sticks; for instance after it somewhat stuck, I was able to put in my salsa
at the last 2 minutes, and it unglued the fond/frond and flavored the salsa
somewhat and took care of the clean-up.

BTW, is it fond or frond or do I know what the heck I'm talking about?
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dee Randall wrote:
> BTW, is it fond or frond or do I know what the heck I'm talking about?
> Dee Dee

It's fond, and you can call it anything you want cuz it ain't gonna
cook itself.

--Blair

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 22:57:07 -0500, Dee Randall wrote:

> I was able to put in my salsa
> at the last 2 minutes, and it unglued the fond/frond and flavored the salsa
> somewhat and took care of the clean-up.
>
> BTW, is it fond or frond or do I know what the heck I'm talking about?

I have no idea... it's that brown stuff on the bottom of the pan!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 22:57:07 -0500, Dee Randall wrote:
>
>> I was able to put in my salsa
>> at the last 2 minutes, and it unglued the fond/frond and flavored the
>> salsa
>> somewhat and took care of the clean-up.
>>
>> BTW, is it fond or frond or do I know what the heck I'm talking about?

> I have no idea... it's that brown stuff on the bottom of the pan!
> --

Thanks for all of your advice,
My appreciation,
Dee Dee

TN: Kirkland Champagne Godzilla Wine 3 02-01-2011 10:14 PM
Lucas/Kirkland PurpleHaze General Cooking 0 05-02-2009 01:26 AM
Kirkland Brand jay General Cooking 47 27-04-2007 04:14 AM
Kirkland/Costco stainless-steel pots/pans Dee Randall General Cooking 2 21-06-2005 02:54 AM
Kirkland Gas Grill? Paul Green Cooking Equipment 0 01-05-2005 01:34 PM