Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dark Rye

I am looking for a good recipe for dark rye bread. I have a sour rye
that I like, but it is pretty light, and I think adding other things to
it would change the flavor too much. Anyone have anything they love?

Regards,
Ranee

Remove do not & spam to e-mail me.

http://arabianknits.blogspot.com/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 17:03:32 -0800, Ranee Mueller
> wrote:

> I am looking for a good recipe for dark rye bread. I have a sour rye
>that I like, but it is pretty light, and I think adding other things to
>it would change the flavor too much. Anyone have anything they love?

There are excellent rye recipes he

http://www.samartha.net/SD/index.html

Wander around the whole site. It is fun.

Boron
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Here's my favorite dark rye bread. It's Swedish.

Limpe

2 cups water, 1/3 cup brown sugar, 2 tsp caraway seeds, 2 T oil, 1 tsp
star anise
2 T yeast in 1/4 cup lukewarm water
4 cups white flour
2 tsp salt
2 cups rye flour (about)

Place water and flavorings in a pot and boil for 5 minutes. Cool.

Let the yeast sit for 10 minutes in the warm water and then mix into
the lukewarm spice mixture.

Mix all and knead well. Let rise till double. Punch down. Rise to
double again. Put in two greased loaf pans and let rise again. Bake at
400 degrees for 10 minutes; reduce heat to 350 and bake another 50
minutes.

Dark is Best [email protected] General Cooking 1 16-11-2006 06:24 PM
Dark is Best [email protected] Baking 0 16-11-2006 09:57 AM
Dark Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream Featuring King's Cupboard Dark Chocolate Chunk Hot Chocolate Cocoa Connoisseur ... Chocolate 0 19-10-2006 05:16 PM
Dark chocolate Fred Vegan 5 21-04-2006 04:44 PM
Need Help with a Dark Beer. E. Carl Speros Beer 8 21-12-2003 08:58 AM