Old 17-03-2006, 10:32 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Corned Beef

Michael "Dog3" wrote:
I'm using Sheldon's recipe yet again. It will be good

Very good... mine is almost ready to come out of the oven and fress.

Made the entire five pound bag of red skinned spuds, hash is my fav.

Sheldon

Old 17-03-2006, 11:21 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Van Van is offline

"Sheldon" wrote in message
oups.com...

Michael "Dog3" wrote:
I'm using Sheldon's recipe yet again. It will be good

Very good... mine is almost ready to come out of the oven and fress.

Made the entire five pound bag of red skinned spuds, hash is my fav.

Sheldon

Made your recipe (again) last nite with a 4 lb flat. Used Red-skinned
potatoes as well, but washed; didn't skin them. Carrots,cabbage & a couple
of parsnips.

Was freakin' great. NYC Deli mustard & garlic aeoli (areola??). Scotch.

Also bought a few "point cuts" & tossed 'em in the freezer for future
brunches of corned beef hash. (Hannaford has them for 99 cents/lb. this
week.

Just got home from 'The Cousins' fish market in Albany, where I picked up
whole red snapper for tonite. THEY were offering huge corned beefs 3.99/lb;
$30 or so average. Just FYI. They also have boneless chicken breasts
$1.29/lb & king crab $6.50/lb. Neat place.

Van

Old 18-03-2006, 02:00 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Van wrote:

Also bought a few "point cuts" & tossed 'em in the freezer for future
brunches of corned beef hash. (Hannaford has them for 99 cents/lb. this
week.

I always thought corned beef wasn't supposed to freeze well, because of
the salt content. I mean, the whole point of brining meat is to preserve
it, isn't it?

Christine
Old 18-03-2006, 04:57 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Old Mother Ashby wrote:
Van wrote:

Also bought a few "point cuts" & tossed 'em in the freezer for future
brunches of corned beef hash. (Hannaford has them for 99 cents/lb.
this week.

I always thought corned beef wasn't supposed to freeze well, because
of the salt content. I mean, the whole point of brining meat is to
preserve it, isn't it?

Christine

I've been freezing it without a problem for countless years.

Jill

Corned Beef Brooklyn1 General Cooking 39 14-03-2016 09:56 AM
Corned Beef Ophelia[_11_] General Cooking 73 23-11-2013 09:45 PM
Corned beef again Bob Terwilliger[_1_] General Cooking 1 13-03-2011 03:29 AM
Corned beef again Doug Freyburger Preserving 1 09-03-2010 12:57 AM
Corned Beef vs Salt Beef (naval beef) Peter General Cooking 46 31-07-2006 04:03 PM