Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Now I've Seen Everything! - My Dog Cafe

No really, this is not a hoax. Andrew Blake is a well known and
respected chef. I saw the ad in this morning's paper (Tuesday is Epicure
morning) and nearly choked on my toast.

Have a look at the menu. The dogs eat better than their owners - fancy
wasting braised beef cheek on a dishlicker! I'm wondering what would
happen if an owner ordered off the doggy menu.

We'll have to take Sam and Rosie and check it out!

http://tinyurl.com/ef4pu

Christine
Don't know the emoticon for shock and awe
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Old Mother Ashby > wrote in news:4415e411$0$23345
:

> No really, this is not a hoax. Andrew Blake is a well known and
> respected chef. I saw the ad in this morning's paper (Tuesday is

Epicure
> morning) and nearly choked on my toast.
>
> Have a look at the menu. The dogs eat better than their owners - fancy
> wasting braised beef cheek on a dishlicker! I'm wondering what would
> happen if an owner ordered off the doggy menu.
>
> We'll have to take Sam and Rosie and check it out!
>
> http://tinyurl.com/ef4pu
>
> Christine
> Don't know the emoticon for shock and awe

There's a first for everything!!! Do the dogs get to stand on chairs and
eat off plates? I sure hope they have different color plates for the
dogs. EWWWWW!!!!

I was curious about nutrition labels.

So that's where all the airline food went!

Andy
Ate a milkbone once.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Old Mother Ashby" > wrote in message
> No really, this is not a hoax. Andrew Blake is a well known and respected
> chef. I saw the ad in this morning's paper (Tuesday is Epicure morning)
> and nearly choked on my toast.
>
> Have a look at the menu. The dogs eat better than their owners - fancy
> wasting braised beef cheek on a dishlicker! I'm wondering what would
> happen if an owner ordered off the doggy menu.
>
> We'll have to take Sam and Rosie and check it out!
>
> http://tinyurl.com/ef4pu
>
> Christine
> Don't know the emoticon for shock and awe

Just saw a story on TV here about a chef (really, a chef) that designed and
cooked meals one at a time for dogs at this restaurant or hotel. Stupid
people with more money than sense. I mean these meals had presentation to
rival anything you have seen presented for wealthy humans.
Janet

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Old Mother Ashby wrote:
> No really, this is not a hoax. Andrew Blake is a well known and
> respected chef. I saw the ad in this morning's paper (Tuesday is Epicure
> morning) and nearly choked on my toast.
>
> Have a look at the menu. The dogs eat better than their owners - fancy
> wasting braised beef cheek on a dishlicker! I'm wondering what would
> happen if an owner ordered off the doggy menu.
>
> We'll have to take Sam and Rosie and check it out!
>
> http://tinyurl.com/ef4pu

I saw an article in the newspaper i subscribe to (you might have heard
of it, it is world famous now: Jyllandsposten) about that:

http://www.jp.dk/udland/artikel:aid=3612656/

It was about USA that there are more pets than people now, and they
are treated too much like humans, but people forget to give them a good
upbringing, so there's a rise in lawsuits. Love is not enough to set
them straight. It also mentions that pet friendly restaurants have a pet
menus (like $20 for a dog plate incl. bottled water). It is also a
problem that e.g. dogs are supposed to be 20 h a day with their flocks,
but with humans as their flocks, they are only together 8-10 h.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Michael Archon Sequoia Nielsen" > wrote

> It was about USA that there are more pets than people now, and they are
> treated too much like humans, but people forget to give them a good
> upbringing, so there's a rise in lawsuits.

More pets than people, that doesn't sound right. Does that count
fish?

> Love is not enough to set them straight. It also mentions that pet
> friendly restaurants have a pet menus (like $20 for a dog plate incl.
> bottled water).

They are not very common. I have seen doggie day care.

> It is also a problem that e.g. dogs are supposed to be 20 h a day with
> their flocks, but with humans as their flocks, they are only together 8-10
> h.

Humans are their packs. I had dogs when I worked, they didn't
seem the worse for wear when they were home alone all day.
People who work really long hours shouldn't have dogs, in my
opinion, if there isn't anyone else home all day. Of course that is
my opinion, but if your pets are alone all the time, it seems to me
to be unfair to the dog.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:

> More pets than people, that doesn't sound right. Does that count
> fish?

360 million pets versus 300 million people.

> Humans are their packs. I had dogs when I worked, they didn't
> seem the worse for wear when they were home alone all day.
> People who work really long hours shouldn't have dogs, in my
> opinion, if there isn't anyone else home all day. Of course that is
> my opinion, but if your pets are alone all the time, it seems to me
> to be unfair to the dog.

That's basically what the article said: how can you wonder that the dog
becomes aggressive and chews the furniture if it, while being a flock
animal, is alone all day.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Michael Archon Sequoia Nielsen" > wrote

> Nancy Young wrote:
>

>> More pets than people, that doesn't sound right. Does that count
>> fish?

> 360 million pets versus 300 million people.

There seems to be some assumption that those are dogs. Last
I heard, pet cats outnumber pet dogs. Then you have birds, fish,
hampsters, rabbits, etc etc etc.

>> Humans are their packs. I had dogs when I worked, they didn't
>> seem the worse for wear when they were home alone all day.
>> People who work really long hours shouldn't have dogs, in my
>> opinion, if there isn't anyone else home all day. Of course that is
>> my opinion, but if your pets are alone all the time, it seems to me
>> to be unfair to the dog.

> That's basically what the article said: how can you wonder that the dog
> becomes aggressive and chews the furniture if it, while being a flock
> animal, is alone all day.

I was saying, I had a dog, she chewed when she was a puppy, but
not once she got a little older. She was home alone all day. Not
in the least bit aggressive, either. Same with other peoples dogs.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:
> There seems to be some assumption that those are dogs. Last
> I heard, pet cats outnumber pet dogs. Then you have birds, fish,
> hampsters, rabbits, etc etc etc.

No, it is not only dogs. The first line in the article:

"I år runder antallet af kæledyr i USA som hunde, katte og fugle 360
millioner - 60 millioner flere, end der er amerikanere. Men kærligheden
til dyr er langt fra uproblematisk. "

"This year the number of pets in USA such as dogs, cats, and birds
amount to 360 million - 60 million more than there are Americans. But
the love for animals is far from unproblematic."

> I was saying, I had a dog, she chewed when she was a puppy, but
> not once she got a little older. She was home alone all day. Not
> in the least bit aggressive, either. Same with other peoples dogs.

That means that you did not neglect its upbringing. You are a good
dogowner. The problem addressed in the paper was that there are too few
like you.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Michael Archon Sequoia Nielsen" > wrote in
message ...

> You are a good dogowner.

There's almost no such thing. The corner of my property contains a small
garden area. It also contains a street sign, and because dogs are so weird,
they all like to stop at sign posts and other structures. Because of the
flowers, I regularly ask dog criminals (in a calm voice, with a smile)
"Could you please NOT let your dog stop there?" Invariably, these criminals
fail that simple citizenship test and ask "Why?" Pardon me? Because it's my
garden and I make the rules on this property! And these are the so-called
"good" dog owners, who have a cleanup bag in their hands.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Doug Kanter wrote:
> "Michael Archon Sequoia Nielsen" > wrote in
> message ...
>

>>You are a good dogowner.

> There's almost no such thing. The corner of my property contains a small
> garden area. It also contains a street sign, and because dogs are so weird,
> they all like to stop at sign posts and other structures. Because of the
> flowers, I regularly ask dog criminals (in a calm voice, with a smile)
> "Could you please NOT let your dog stop there?" Invariably, these criminals
> fail that simple citizenship test and ask "Why?" Pardon me? Because it's my
> garden and I make the rules on this property! And these are the so-called
> "good" dog owners, who have a cleanup bag in their hands.

Are their dogs crapping on *your* property or the curb?

--

saerah

http://anisaerah.blogspot.com/

email:
anisaerah at s b c global.net

-Baruch Spinoza

-Douglas Adams

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sarah bennett" > wrote in message
news
> Doug Kanter wrote:
>> "Michael Archon Sequoia Nielsen" > wrote in
>> message ...
>>

>>>You are a good dogowner.

>> There's almost no such thing. The corner of my property contains a small
>> garden area. It also contains a street sign, and because dogs are so
>> weird, they all like to stop at sign posts and other structures. Because
>> of the flowers, I regularly ask dog criminals (in a calm voice, with a
>> smile) "Could you please NOT let your dog stop there?" Invariably, these
>> criminals fail that simple citizenship test and ask "Why?" Pardon me?
>> Because it's my garden and I make the rules on this property! And these
>> are the so-called "good" dog owners, who have a cleanup bag in their
>> hands.

> Are their dogs crapping on *your* property or the curb?

There *is* no curb or sidewalk. Grass goes right to the street. My property.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Doug Kanter wrote:
> "sarah bennett" > wrote in message
> news >
>>Doug Kanter wrote:
>>
>>>"Michael Archon Sequoia Nielsen" > wrote in
>>>message ...

>>>There's almost no such thing. The corner of my property contains a small
>>>garden area. It also contains a street sign, and because dogs are so
>>>weird, they all like to stop at sign posts and other structures. Because
>>>of the flowers, I regularly ask dog criminals (in a calm voice, with a
>>>smile) "Could you please NOT let your dog stop there?" Invariably, these
>>>criminals fail that simple citizenship test and ask "Why?" Pardon me?
>>>Because it's my garden and I make the rules on this property! And these
>>>are the so-called "good" dog owners, who have a cleanup bag in their
>>>hands.

>>Are their dogs crapping on *your* property or the curb?

> There *is* no curb or sidewalk. Grass goes right to the street. My property.

If there is no sidewalk, oh yeah, that's rude as hell!

--

saerah

http://anisaerah.blogspot.com/

email:
anisaerah at s b c global.net

-Baruch Spinoza

-Douglas Adams
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sarah bennett" > wrote in message
. ..
> Doug Kanter wrote:
>> "sarah bennett" > wrote in message
>> news >>

>>>Are their dogs crapping on *your* property or the curb?

>> There *is* no curb or sidewalk. Grass goes right to the street. My
>> property.

> If there is no sidewalk, oh yeah, that's rude as hell!

Actually, the sidewalk doesn't matter as a factor, if, as in many places,
there's another strip of grass. That grass is the homeowner's property. It's
a common misconception that it's public property, but in fact, the town and
the utilities have permanent easements to work on the strip. Still private
property though.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

How about the idiot that left $10 million bucks to his f...ing cat and not a
cent to his relatives.

fj

"Michael Archon Sequoia Nielsen" > wrote in
message ...
> Old Mother Ashby wrote:
>> No really, this is not a hoax. Andrew Blake is a well known and respected
>> chef. I saw the ad in this morning's paper (Tuesday is Epicure morning)
>> and nearly choked on my toast.
>>
>> Have a look at the menu. The dogs eat better than their owners - fancy
>> wasting braised beef cheek on a dishlicker! I'm wondering what would
>> happen if an owner ordered off the doggy menu.
>>
>> We'll have to take Sam and Rosie and check it out!
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/ef4pu

> I saw an article in the newspaper i subscribe to (you might have heard of
> it, it is world famous now: Jyllandsposten) about that:
>
> http://www.jp.dk/udland/artikel:aid=3612656/
>
> It was about USA that there are more pets than people now, and they are
> treated too much like humans, but people forget to give them a good
> upbringing, so there's a rise in lawsuits. Love is not enough to set them
> straight. It also mentions that pet friendly restaurants have a pet menus
> (like $20 for a dog plate incl. bottled water). It is also a problem that
> e.g. dogs are supposed to be 20 h a day with their flocks, but with humans
> as their flocks, they are only together 8-10 h.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed 15 Mar 2006 10:07:08a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it fudge?

> How about the idiot that left $10 million bucks to his f...ing cat and
> not a cent to his relatives.

I say Bravo!!!

--
Wayne Boatwright Õ¿Õ¬

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article 9>,
Wayne Boatwright <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed 15 Mar 2006 10:07:08a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it fudge?
>
> > How about the idiot that left $10 million bucks to his f...ing cat and
> > not a cent to his relatives.

> I say Bravo!!!

Ditto here...

His relatives probably never gave him the unconditional love that his
cat did.
--
Peace, Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Doug Kanter" > wrote in message
> "Michael Archon Sequoia Nielsen" > wrote in
> message ...
>
>> You are a good dogowner.

> There's almost no such thing. The corner of my property contains a small
> garden area. It also contains a street sign, and because dogs are so
> weird, they all like to stop at sign posts and other structures. Because
> of the flowers, I regularly ask dog criminals (in a calm voice, with a
> smile) "Could you please NOT let your dog stop there?" Invariably, these
> criminals fail that simple citizenship test and ask "Why?" Pardon me?
> Because it's my garden and I make the rules on this property! And these
> are the so-called "good" dog owners, who have a cleanup bag in their
> hands.

That's nothing to do with being a good or a bad dogowner though. That's
rudeness to another person not the dog.

Jen

Posted to rec.food.cooking

fudge wrote:
> How about the idiot that left $10 million bucks to his f...ing cat and not a
> cent to his relatives.

That should not even be legal. What happens to it when it dies?

If the person hates the relatives, give it to research or something like
that.

Cafe Liegeois International Recipes OnLine Recipes (moderated) 0 30-07-2007 06:16 PM
Chocolate Cafe bobbie sellers Chocolate 12 02-12-2005 12:16 AM
Cafe Dinner Bill Spohn Wine 0 21-12-2004 03:22 PM
Blue Sky Cafe Scott Pointe Wine 0 21-09-2004 01:37 PM
Rainforest Cafe Nancy Young General Cooking 54 13-09-2004 01:24 PM