Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default beef barley soup a maybe recipe...it keeps changing.

Well I am making a beef barley veggie soup... heavy on the mushrooms cut
waxed green beans, about half a head of bok choy. onions, bell pepper,
canned italian flavoured chopped tomatoes, brocolli, cauliflower and
celery.

At present I'm just making the broth... 4 beef short ribs...that have been
broiled just to darken /caramelized the outer surface...soaking in water to
cover a onion, mess of peppercorns, 2 leafy celery ribs 4 garlic cloves,
some dried saan peppers for heat, thyme, bay leaf and a dash of maggi
sauce...later this afternoon I'll de meat and reserve the short ribs, skimm
off the fat and add the other veggies (mentioned above).

I'll be pre cooking the pot barley in water and a chicken boulion cube. Pot
barley unlike pearl barley retains its' outer casing of bran.

Should make nice soup for lunches next week.

This is a *******ized version of a Crock Pot Betty Crocker Beef Barley
Vegetable Soup recipe, which I read and decided wasn't going to happen.

--
-Alan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mr Libido Incognito wrote on 13 Mar 2006 in rec.food.cooking

> I'll be pre cooking the pot barley in water and a chicken boulion
> cube. Pot barley unlike pearl barley retains its' outer casing of
> bran.

Well the broth has been de fatted, the meat cut, the veggies and meat
introduced to the pot with the stock. Plus a cup of red wine...

Should be soup around about supper time.

--
-Alan

Outstanding Beef Barley Soup Recipe King's Crown General Cooking 19 07-01-2007 12:44 AM
Beef Barley Soup Tim Recipes 0 25-12-2005 01:36 AM
Beef Barley Soup Tim Recipes 0 25-12-2005 01:36 AM
Beef Barley Soup 2 Tim Recipes 0 25-12-2005 01:36 AM
Beef Barley Soup Nancy Recipes (moderated) 0 18-11-2003 03:10 PM