FoodBanter.com

-   -   I got the smoker fired up (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/85616-i-got-smoker-fired.html)

modom[_1_] 12-03-2006 09:58 PM

I got the smoker fired up

And I got a nice organic/free-range chicken in it. Rosemary, lemon,
and jalapeno are stuffed under the skin. Salt an pepper are on the
outside. And a head of garlic is in the cavity.

Fun with fire!

--
modom

Food Snob 12-03-2006 11:30 PM

I got the smoker fired up

The Ranger wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 15:58:52 -0600, modom > wrote:
> > And I got a nice organic/free-range chicken in it.
> > Rosemary, lemon, and jalapeno are stuffed under
> > the skin. Salt an pepper are on the outside. And
> > a head of garlic is in the cavity.
> >
> > Fun with fire!

> Details son! DEE. Tails!

And smoked with what? Hickory?

> What type of smoker y'all usin' and how long before it's ready?
> Where's the bird from (local farm or one of the 'national' chains)? No
> salt or pepper? (Although that jalapeno probably took care of any of
> the mundane stuff...)
>
> Many thanks and here's to your continued health!
>
> The Ranger

--Bryan

The Ranger[_2_] 12-03-2006 11:30 PM

I got the smoker fired up

On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 15:58:52 -0600, modom > wrote:
> And I got a nice organic/free-range chicken in it.
> Rosemary, lemon, and jalapeno are stuffed under
> the skin. Salt an pepper are on the outside. And
> a head of garlic is in the cavity.
>
> Fun with fire!

Details son! DEE. Tails!

OmManiPadmeOmelet[_1_] 12-03-2006 11:51 PM

I got the smoker fired up

In article >,
modom > wrote:

> And I got a nice organic/free-range chicken in it. Rosemary, lemon,
> and jalapeno are stuffed under the skin. Salt an pepper are on the
> outside. And a head of garlic is in the cavity.
>
> Fun with fire!
>
> --
> modom

Jpegs please? :-)
--
Peace, Om.

modom[_1_] 13-03-2006 12:26 AM

I got the smoker fired up

On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 15:30:58 -0800, The Ranger
> wrote:

>On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 15:58:52 -0600, modom > wrote:
>> And I got a nice organic/free-range chicken in it.
>> Rosemary, lemon, and jalapeno are stuffed under
>> the skin. Salt an pepper are on the outside. And
>> a head of garlic is in the cavity.
>>
>> Fun with fire!

>Details son! DEE. Tails!

I just flashed on Foghorn Leghorn for a moment. "That Gal's like a
highway between Dallas and Fort Worth: Got no curves, got no curves,
got no curves at all."

>What type of smoker y'all usin' and how long before it's ready?
>Where's the bird from (local farm or one of the 'national' chains)? No
>salt or pepper? (Although that jalapeno probably took care of any of
>the mundane stuff...)
>
>Many thanks and here's to your continued health!

Okay! The pit is a New Braunfels Black Diamond, though it's rusty
enough to qualify as an Old Braunfels Brown Nugget. I'm judging by
sight (in this failing light, probably a mistake), so I don't know how
much longer it'll be. I hope to eat at 7 CST. The juice from the
cavity ran pretty pink when I check things just then. There's salt on
the skin of the bird. Pepper, too.

D got the bird from the farm wife who raised it. Said wife is married
to the farmer who slaughtered and dressed it.

I'm roasting okra in the oven and I've begun a sauce with a sweated
mirepoix, reduced chicken stock, rosemary, and Spanish smoked paprika.
more than likely I'll add yogurt to that. The baby green beans are
ready to go in a sauce pan.
--
modom

modom[_1_] 13-03-2006 12:28 AM

I got the smoker fired up

On 12 Mar 2006 15:30:03 -0800, "Food Snob" > wrote:

>And smoked with what? Hickory?

Lump charcoal and pecan wood. It's my usual.

--
modom

modom[_1_] 13-03-2006 12:28 AM

I got the smoker fired up

On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 17:51:33 -0600, OmManiPadmeOmelet
> wrote:

>In article >,
> modom > wrote:
>
>> And I got a nice organic/free-range chicken in it. Rosemary, lemon,
>> and jalapeno are stuffed under the skin. Salt an pepper are on the
>> outside. And a head of garlic is in the cavity.
>>
>> Fun with fire!
>>
>> --
>> modom

>Jpegs please? :-)

Film at 10.
--
modom

OmManiPadmeOmelet[_1_] 13-03-2006 02:01 AM

I got the smoker fired up

In article >,
modom > wrote:

> On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 17:51:33 -0600, OmManiPadmeOmelet
> > wrote:
>
> >In article >,
> > modom > wrote:
> >
> >> And I got a nice organic/free-range chicken in it. Rosemary, lemon,
> >> and jalapeno are stuffed under the skin. Salt an pepper are on the
> >> outside. And a head of garlic is in the cavity.
> >>
> >> Fun with fire!
> >>
> >> --
> >> modom

> >Jpegs please? :-)

> Film at 10.
> --
> modom

I'll keep you to that promise! <G>
--
Peace, Om.

modom[_1_] 13-03-2006 02:53 AM

I got the smoker fired up

On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 20:01:29 -0600, OmManiPadmeOmelet
> wrote:

>In article >,
> modom > wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 17:51:33 -0600, OmManiPadmeOmelet
>> > wrote:

>> >Jpegs please? :-)

>> Film at 10.

>I'll keep you to that promise! <G>

I posted the pix under the header "in the pit and on the plate," or
something like that.
--
modom

OmManiPadmeOmelet[_1_] 13-03-2006 03:54 AM

I got the smoker fired up

In article >,
modom > wrote:

> On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 20:01:29 -0600, OmManiPadmeOmelet
> > wrote:
>
> >In article >,
> > modom > wrote:
> >
> >> On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 17:51:33 -0600, OmManiPadmeOmelet

> >> Film at 10.

> >I'll keep you to that promise! <G>

> I posted the pix under the header "in the pit and on the plate," or
> something like that.
> --
> modom

I saw it! :-)