Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Back from San Diego

Just in time- the weather there is now colder than back in New York,
although it's predicted to be identical for both places over the
weekend (50ish and raining).

It may be an off-season thing (as well as the fact that I'm used to
the opposite extreme of bustle), but I found downtown SD to be
spookily empty even on the weekdays. There was a bit more activity
after dark, but even then...

There were a lot of great choices for restaurants; I wish I could have
sampled more of them!

Best of all, I scored some Sees Peanut Brittle at the airport! I'd
wanted to order some around Christmas but the shipping charges are
ridiculous from any source. Wegman's in Princeton used to carry Sees
candies but that's too far away. I don't know of any other east coast
source.

I used to hate the 6 hr trip to the left coast but with TVs on the
back of the seat, tempus fugit.

Sue(tm)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Curly Sue" > wrote in message
> Just in time- the weather there is now colder than back in New York,
> although it's predicted to be identical for both places over the
> weekend (50ish and raining).
>
> It may be an off-season thing (as well as the fact that I'm used to
> the opposite extreme of bustle), but I found downtown SD to be
> spookily empty even on the weekdays. There was a bit more activity
> after dark, but even then...
>
> There were a lot of great choices for restaurants; I wish I could have
> sampled more of them!
>
> Best of all, I scored some Sees Peanut Brittle at the airport! I'd
> wanted to order some around Christmas but the shipping charges are
> ridiculous from any source. Wegman's in Princeton used to carry Sees
> candies but that's too far away. I don't know of any other east coast
> source.
>
> I used to hate the 6 hr trip to the left coast but with TVs on the
> back of the seat, tempus fugit.
>
> Sue(tm)

Hey Sue, next time we should have lunch! I live right near SDSU.

Where did you end up eating? Did you stay in the downtown area?
BTW, the place to score the See's is at their outlet store off Rosecrans.

kimberly

Dangerous Duo In San Diego Terry Pulliam Burd[_5_] General Cooking 13 19-12-2010 11:04 AM
will work for you for free in San Diego to learn taco making business in San Diego Mark Cooking Equipment 0 18-06-2006 03:57 PM
San Diego Anita P. Ness Restaurants 9 13-10-2004 06:22 PM
San Diego for Christmas rbernstein Restaurants 3 19-11-2003 11:44 PM
bbq in san diego, ca Ben Snyder Barbecue 3 28-10-2003 02:20 AM