FoodBanter.com

-   -   Hollandaise Sauce uses for dinner...? (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/85208-hollandaise-sauce-uses-dinner.html)

MCHSI News Server 08-03-2006 10:53 PM

Hollandaise Sauce uses for dinner...?

I have a good Classic Hollandaise Sauce recipe. I would like recipes of
dishes to put the sauce on. Perhaps ones that are non traditional. Are there
any pasta recipes that are good with Hollandaise Sauce on them? How about
other dinner recipes?

Thank you
--
---
Nate

jake 08-03-2006 10:58 PM

MCHSI News Server wrote:

> I have a good Classic Hollandaise Sauce recipe. I would like recipes of
> dishes to put the sauce on. Perhaps ones that are non traditional. Are there
> any pasta recipes that are good with Hollandaise Sauce on them? How about
> other dinner recipes?
>

> Thank you

Have you tried it the classic way, with asparagus?

pavane[_1_] 08-03-2006 11:03 PM

"MCHSI News Server" > wrote in message
> I have a good Classic Hollandaise Sauce recipe. I would like recipes

of
> dishes to put the sauce on. Perhaps ones that are non traditional. Are

there
> any pasta recipes that are good with Hollandaise Sauce on them? How

about
> other dinner recipes?

Outstanding on virtually any fish or on poached eggs
sitting on grilled ham sitting on a half English muffin...

pavane

Reg[_1_] 08-03-2006 11:10 PM

MCHSI News Server wrote:

> I have a good Classic Hollandaise Sauce recipe. I would like recipes of
> dishes to put the sauce on. Perhaps ones that are non traditional. Are there
> any pasta recipes that are good with Hollandaise Sauce on them? How about
> other dinner recipes?
>

> Thank you

Classic:

Aparagus
eggs
fish

Also try:

Add some chopped tarragon for a bernaise(like) sauce, and put it on
grilled beef

--
Reg

Jude 09-03-2006 01:09 AM

Nate wrote:
> I did try on broccoli . We liked that.
>
> I would love to try it on supper main dishes if there are any recipes. Like
> I said my fiancee' and I were wondering about pasta recipes that are good
> with Hollandaise.
>
> But any recipes you can post that I could try the Hollandaise on are
> appreciated.
>
> Thank you.

I've never heard of pasta with hollandaise. It sounds too rich.

I agree what the other posters have said - fish, meats, eggs, or
veggies. It's good on eggs benedict, omelettes, grilled filets of fish
or beef, asparagus, broccoli. I've seen it served with quiche as well.
Never on anything like pasta, in my experience. But heck, you can
always experiment and see how you like it. Let us know if it works!

The Cook 09-03-2006 01:14 AM

On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 23:53:27 GMT, "Nate" > wrote:

>I did try on broccoli . We liked that.
>
>I would love to try it on supper main dishes if there are any recipes. Like
>I said my fiancee' and I were wondering about pasta recipes that are good
>with Hollandaise.

Flavors of butter & lemon. How bad can it be on pasta. Cook some
pasta and put some on a small serving and try it.
--
Susan N.

Ranee Mueller 09-03-2006 01:39 AM

Hollandaise Sauce uses for dinner...?

You could always grill some chicken and asparagus, and steam some
rice, and serve the sauce with that.

Regards,
Ranee

Remove do not & spam to e-mail me.

http://arabianknits.blogspot.com/

Ranee Mueller 09-03-2006 01:47 AM

Hollandaise Sauce uses for dinner...?

In article .com>,
"Jude" > wrote:

> I've never heard of pasta with hollandaise. It sounds too rich.
>
> I agree what the other posters have said - fish, meats, eggs, or
> veggies. It's good on eggs benedict, omelettes, grilled filets of fish
> or beef, asparagus, broccoli. I've seen it served with quiche as well.
> Never on anything like pasta, in my experience. But heck, you can
> always experiment and see how you like it. Let us know if it works!

I don't think it would be any more rich than hollandaise with eggs.
:)

I like the fish idea, that would be wonderful, I think.

Dave Smith[_1_] 09-03-2006 01:49 AM

The Cook wrote:

> >I would love to try it on supper main dishes if there are any recipes. Like
> >I said my fiancee' and I were wondering about pasta recipes that are good
> >with Hollandaise.

> Flavors of butter & lemon. How bad can it be on pasta. Cook some
> pasta and put some on a small serving and try it.

That got me thinking....... I imagine that if you grilled some shrimp, or maybe
poached some shrimp and salad and had it on pasta with Hollandaise it would be
pretty damned tasty. The only problem is some purist might whine that because of
the seafood it is no longer "hollandaise".

Joseph Littleshoes[_1_] 09-03-2006 02:13 AM

Nate wrote:

> I did try on broccoli . We liked that.
>
> I would love to try it on supper main dishes if there are any
> recipes. Like
> I said my fiancee' and I were wondering about pasta recipes that are
> good
> with Hollandaise.
>
> But any recipes you can post that I could try the Hollandaise on are
> appreciated.
>
> Thank you.

I have used it to make lasagna as the 'elderly relative' cant tolerate
much cooked tomato sauce, i also enjoy it on omelets or scrambled eggs.

Just about any fish dish including a tuna casserole goes well with
hollandaise, and while asparagus is routinely served with it i like it
on just about any steamed veggie, broccoli, cauliflower etc. etc.
---
JL

Chef[_1_] 09-03-2006 04:34 AM

Hollandaise Sauce uses for dinner...?

also, try adding the juice of blood orange and making a maltaise sauce that
is a classic as well
. nl...

serene 09-03-2006 07:19 AM

Hollandaise Sauce uses for dinner...?

On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 21:53:55 GMT, "MCHSI News Server"
> wrote:

>I have a good Classic Hollandaise Sauce recipe. I would like recipes of
>dishes to put the sauce on. Perhaps ones that are non traditional. Are there
>any pasta recipes that are good with Hollandaise Sauce on them? How about
>other dinner recipes?

My favorite hollandaise uses are simple -- on country potatoes, or on
asparagus, or artichokes. I am curious to see what else people will
come up with, though.

serene

Nathalie Chiva 09-03-2006 08:20 AM

Hollandaise Sauce uses for dinner...?

On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 21:53:55 GMT, "MCHSI News Server"
> wrote:

>I have a good Classic Hollandaise Sauce recipe. I would like recipes of
>dishes to put the sauce on. Perhaps ones that are non traditional. Are there
>any pasta recipes that are good with Hollandaise Sauce on them? How about
>other dinner recipes?

Asparagus.
Fish (white fish like cod)

Nathalie in Switzerland

[email protected] 09-03-2006 10:51 AM

Hollandaise Sauce uses for dinner...?

>>my fiancee' and I were wondering about pasta recipes that are good
with Hollandaise.

There is one that is similar but without eggs. It's called pasta al
limone. It is my favorite pasta. I have a recipe on my blog for pasta
al limone with tiny shrimps, but I usually have it without the shrimps.
It should be archived under "Good Things That Don't Look Like Much" in
September or October. Probably October, can't recall.
http://dirtpusher.blogspot.com

kilikini[_1_] 09-03-2006 10:56 AM

"Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" > wrote in message
> "Jude" > hitched up their panties and posted
> oups.com:
>
> > Nate wrote:
> >> I did try on broccoli . We liked that.
> >>
> >> I would love to try it on supper main dishes if there are any
> >> recipes. Like I said my fiancee' and I were wondering about pasta
> >> recipes that are good with Hollandaise.
> >>
> >> But any recipes you can post that I could try the Hollandaise on are
> >> appreciated.
> >>
> >> Thank you.
> >>

> > I've never heard of pasta with hollandaise. It sounds too rich.
> >
> > I agree what the other posters have said - fish, meats, eggs, or
> > veggies. It's good on eggs benedict, omelettes, grilled filets of fish
> > or beef, asparagus, broccoli. I've seen it served with quiche as well.
> > Never on anything like pasta, in my experience. But heck, you can
> > always experiment and see how you like it. Let us know if it works!

> Ya' know, I forgot about fish Jude. Thanks for the reminder. I might very
> well whip up some Hollandaise the next time I make Tilapia.
>
> Michael

It may be good on grilled scallops, I dunno, I'm just guessing.

kili

kilikini[_1_] 09-03-2006 10:56 AM

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> The Cook wrote:
>

> > >I would love to try it on supper main dishes if there are any recipes.

Like
> > >I said my fiancee' and I were wondering about pasta recipes that are

good
> > >with Hollandaise.

> > Flavors of butter & lemon. How bad can it be on pasta. Cook some
> > pasta and put some on a small serving and try it.

> That got me thinking....... I imagine that if you grilled some shrimp, or

maybe
> poached some shrimp and salad and had it on pasta with Hollandaise it

would be
> pretty damned tasty. The only problem is some purist might whine that

because of
> the seafood it is no longer "hollandaise".

Yeah, I was thinking it may not be too bad with grilled shrimp or scallops
with grilled asparagus on some type of pasta.

kili

Dave Smith[_1_] 09-03-2006 04:35 PM

kilikini wrote:

> > That got me thinking....... I imagine that if you grilled some shrimp, or

> maybe
> > poached some shrimp and salad and had it on pasta with Hollandaise it

> would be
> > pretty damned tasty. The only problem is some purist might whine that

> because of
> > the seafood it is no longer "hollandaise".
> >

> Yeah, I was thinking it may not be too bad with grilled shrimp or scallops
> with grilled asparagus on some type of pasta.

A larger pasta like linguini, but not spaghettini or angel hair.

Donna Pattee 10-03-2006 05:12 PM

Hollandaise Sauce uses for dinner...?

In article >,
Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan > wrote:
>"Nate" > hitched up their panties and posted
>
>> I did try on broccoli . We liked that.
>>
>> I would love to try it on supper main dishes if there are any recipes.
>> Like I said my fiancee' and I were wondering about pasta recipes
>> that are good with Hollandaise.
>>
>> But any recipes you can post that I could try the Hollandaise on are
>> appreciated.
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> ---
>> Nate

>There are literally hundreds of ways to use Hollandaise. Broccoli,
>asparagus and on steaks, eggs etc. Hell, sometimes I just dunk toast into
>it. I like it with Eggs Florentine. Almost the same thing as Eggs
>Benedict but spinach is used also. Good stuff.
>
>Michael
>
>--
>“It requires a certain kind of mind to see beauty in a hamburger bun.”
> _Ray Kroc, creator of the McDonald's franchise

I'll put hollandaise sauce on **anything**. I'll eat it out of the pan
with a spoon. When I can't get any more out with a spoon, I'll use my
finger. I can't think of anything that I would eat that wouldn't be
even better with hollandaise on it . . . ;->