FoodBanter.com

-   -   soup-a-long Sunday (3-5-06) (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/84954-soup-long-sunday-3-a.html)

sf[_1_] 06-03-2006 08:14 AM

soup-a-long Sunday (3-5-06)

I only had 1/2 a package of mixed bean soup on hand, so this is what I
did:

the beginning (I forgot to add fresh garlic to the pic)
http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=qrn0oi

going over the top
http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=qryypg

doing the short soak method to soak method
http://tinyhttp://tinypic.com/view/?...ew/?pic=qryz6b

finished soaking
http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=qrznew

add onion and tomato
http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=qrzsxk

getting there
http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=qs8bkg

done
http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=qskqc3

BTW: I didn't add salt.

OmManiPadmeOmelet[_1_] 06-03-2006 11:17 AM

soup-a-long Sunday (3-5-06)

In article >,
sf > wrote:

> I only had 1/2 a package of mixed bean soup on hand, so this is what I
> did:
>
> the beginning (I forgot to add fresh garlic to the pic)
> http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=qrn0oi
>
> going over the top
> http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=qryypg
>
> doing the short soak method to soak method
> http://tinyhttp://tinypic.com/view/?...ew/?pic=qryz6b
>
> finished soaking
> http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=qrznew
>
> add onion and tomato
> http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=qrzsxk
>
> getting there
> http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=qs8bkg
>
> done
> http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=qskqc3
>
> BTW: I didn't add salt.

Looks good! :-)
I used black soybeans in a ham and bacon stock, defatted.
I've never tried a mixed bean mix, but really do want to try it!

I've seen 9 bean (or more) mixes at the store.
--
Peace, Om.