Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Returning (me)

Just wanted to let you all know I'm back and I have a new email address. So
all of you who had me blocked will need to update your filters. Sorry
about that but it couldn't be helped.

I was pleased to see that not much has really changed around here.
Looking forward to some nice recipes and advice again.

ob food: I've started to try out "stir fry" options at home. Until now
we've mostly had chinese style food only when I bought it from the local
"chinese" take out place. I've broken down and bought some convenience
foods from the freezer section like frozen, chopped up veggie mixes for
stir fry (my health state is such right now that using convenience foods is
more helpful). Besides, I just can't seem to keep produce good long enough
to warrant the higher prices I'm paying for it by throwing it out before
I'm ready to use it. What I cook these days is very much dependent on how
I'm feeling when I drag my ass home from work.

I've been experimenting with different sauces for the stir fry and so far
Frank's eating most of the experiments with no problem, though he still
hates certain veggies. At least he can eat around them.

--
Siobhan Perricone
"Believing there is no God gives me more room for belief in family,
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat 04 Mar 2006 05:34:28a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Siobhan
Perricone?

> Just wanted to let you all know I'm back and I have a new email address. So
> all of you who had me blocked will need to update your filters. Sorry
> about that but it couldn't be helped.

It's good to see you back, Siobhan. I've often wondered where you'd gone.
I'm sorry to hear that you're having health issues, and hope things improve
for you quickly.

--
Wayne Boatwright ożo
____________________

BIOYA
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Siobhan Perricone > wrote:

> Just wanted to let you all know I'm back and I have a new email address. So
> all of you who had me blocked will need to update your filters. Sorry
> about that but it couldn't be helped.
>
> I was pleased to see that not much has really changed around here.
> Looking forward to some nice recipes and advice again.
>
> ob food: I've started to try out "stir fry" options at home. Until now
> we've mostly had chinese style food only when I bought it from the local
> "chinese" take out place. I've broken down and bought some convenience
> foods from the freezer section like frozen, chopped up veggie mixes for
> stir fry (my health state is such right now that using convenience foods is
> more helpful). Besides, I just can't seem to keep produce good long enough
> to warrant the higher prices I'm paying for it by throwing it out before
> I'm ready to use it. What I cook these days is very much dependent on how
> I'm feeling when I drag my ass home from work.
>
> I've been experimenting with different sauces for the stir fry and so far
> Frank's eating most of the experiments with no problem, though he still
> hates certain veggies. At least he can eat around them.

Fresh frozen veggie mixes work just fine for stir fry.
I prefer fresh produce, but have been exploring the frozen stuff lately
to save money and reduce waste...

I let it thaw in the sink in a screen strainer to drain off any excess
moisture.
--
Peace, Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 04 Mar 2006 07:34:28 -0500, Siobhan Perricone wrote:

> Just wanted to let you all know I'm back and I have a new email address. So
> all of you who had me blocked will need to update your filters. Sorry
> about that but it couldn't be helped.

Welcome back. You may find more OT crossposting than usual, but
that's what your FK was born to do.

> I was pleased to see that not much has really changed around here.
> Looking forward to some nice recipes and advice again.

We still have plenty of that along with other typical rfc fare. Look
for a new (to you) poster from Italy. She posts recipes AND pictures.
We've been quite inspired/influenced by her and are posting more
picture links to our own food as a result. I think she bumped us up a
knotch. Dare I say it? RFC is better than ever!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
sf > wrote:

> On Sat, 04 Mar 2006 07:34:28 -0500, Siobhan Perricone wrote:
>
> > Just wanted to let you all know I'm back and I have a new email address. So
> > all of you who had me blocked will need to update your filters. Sorry
> > about that but it couldn't be helped.
> >

> Welcome back. You may find more OT crossposting than usual, but
> that's what your FK was born to do.
>
> > I was pleased to see that not much has really changed around here.
> > Looking forward to some nice recipes and advice again.

> We still have plenty of that along with other typical rfc fare. Look
> for a new (to you) poster from Italy. She posts recipes AND pictures.
> We've been quite inspired/influenced by her and are posting more
> picture links to our own food as a result. I think she bumped us up a
> knotch. Dare I say it? RFC is better than ever!

Indeed! :-)
--
Peace, Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

~
[...]

Good to see you back. Nothing wrong with frozen veggies, specially
not if you work outside the home, and you're not 100%. They're handy,
and some of them have more nutrients than what passes for fresh in the
stores.

Hope your health continues to improve till you're 100%.

maxine in ri
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 04 Mar 2006 07:34:28 -0500, Siobhan Perricone
> rummaged among random neurons and opined:

Welcome back, Siobhan. It's always nice to see one of the "old"
regulars back.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

-- Duncan Hines

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Siobhan Perricone" > wrote in message
> Just wanted to let you all know I'm back and I have a new email address.
> So
> all of you who had me blocked will need to update your filters. Sorry
> about that but it couldn't be helped.

> foods from the freezer section like frozen, chopped up veggie mixes for
> stir fry (my health state is such right now that using convenience foods

I've heard that frozen veges are often much better and have more nutrients
than so called "fresh". "Fresh" veges have often been travelling all over
the place for months.

Jen

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 04 Mar 2006 07:34:28 -0500, Siobhan Perricone
> wrote:

><stuff>

Hey, it's Siobhan! Yay!

I wonder now if we can get that other place moving again, huh?

serene
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 04 Mar 2006 13:15:09 -0800, Terry Pulliam Burd
> wrote:

>On Sat, 04 Mar 2006 07:34:28 -0500, Siobhan Perricone
> rummaged among random neurons and opined:
>
>Welcome back, Siobhan. It's always nice to see one of the "old"
>regulars back.

Thanks for all the welcome backs! My health stuff is getting back on
track. I had a minor surgical procedure just this last Friday that should
settle me for a while. There was a bit of a uterine cancer scare, but it
was only scare.

--
Siobhan Perricone
"Believing there is no God gives me more room for belief in family,
people, love, truth, beauty, sex, Jell-o and all the other things I can
prove and that make this life the best life I will ever have."
- Penn Jillette from his "This I Believe" essay

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 05 Mar 2006 08:30:14 -0500, Siobhan Perricone
> rummaged among random neurons and opined:

>Thanks for all the welcome backs! My health stuff is getting back on
>track. I had a minor surgical procedure just this last Friday that should
>settle me for a while. There was a bit of a uterine cancer scare, but it
>was only scare.

Well, thank God it was only a "scare" and thank God you're on the
mend. Wondered where you'd gotten to, girl. Glad you're back.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

-- Duncan Hines

Pasta Mania Returning~!? Zed Frehley[_3_] General Cooking 0 14-01-2016 04:02 AM
Returning member Joanne PR Tea 3 07-02-2015 05:20 PM
After returning ... Nils Gustaf Lindgren[_1_] Wine 15 27-05-2008 12:11 AM
Tartrate Crystals returning to solution? Rob Winemaking 3 28-12-2005 10:47 PM
I'm returning to China. Mydnight Tea 37 24-12-2004 06:18 AM