Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Key Lime Pie

Made one last night. Quick and easy:

2 cups Graham crackers (crushed)
6 Tb sugar
6 Tb butter (melted)
1 cup Key Lime juice
6 egg YOLKS
2 14oz cans sweetened condensed milk

First three ingredients make the crust. I don't prebake it,
just press it into a 10 inch pie pan. Beat the last three
ingredients and then pour in pan and bake at 325 for 15
minutes. Warning: This makes a very full pie pan. Run
the crust right up to the edge.

I tasted some of the Key Lime juice, and it wasn't just
sour, it was bitter too. I had the impression that if I had
dripped some on the floor, it would have immediately
eaten through to the creepy crawly place.

This pie is tart as all get out. I whipped up some cream
and sugar to take the edge off. Some brave souls at
work would have nothing to do with the whipped cream.
Oh, yeah. And if had had Cool Whip, I wouldn't have
bothered beating the cream.

Michael

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michael wrote:
> Made one last night. Quick and easy:

> Michael

well this sounds just delightful Michael

i have also seen orange shavings on there
i forget what you call it when you scrape an orange with a fork and
make little streamers
but they are decorative and edible of course.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Rescue wrote:

i have also seen orange shavings on there
i forget what you call it when you scrape an orange with a fork and
make little streamers
but they are decorative and edible of course.

******************
I've got a recipe for candied orange and lemon rinds. Dave
mentioned recently that he had chocolate cheesecake with
the orange rind in it and that it was delicious. I'd like to
try that, and see if I can tune in a really delicious orange-
chocolate cheesecake.

Thank you for posting, Rescue!

Michael

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michael wrote:

> I've got a recipe for candied orange and lemon rinds. Dave
> mentioned recently that he had chocolate cheesecake with
> the orange rind in it and that it was delicious. I'd like to
> try that, and see if I can tune in a really delicious orange-
> chocolate cheesecake.
>
> Thank you for posting, Rescue!

lol

what the heck is that called when you do that with a fork, or a little
tool just for it

not spritz, or peel, zest!

orange zest

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michael wrote:

> Made one last night. Quick and easy:
>
> 2 cups Graham crackers (crushed)
> 6 Tb sugar
> 6 Tb butter (melted)
> 1 cup Key Lime juice
> 6 egg YOLKS
> 2 14oz cans sweetened condensed milk

I like to use one regular fresh lime per pie. I use the microplane to
take the zest off and add the juice as well.

Brian

won't shut up.

Key Lime Pie sf[_9_] General Cooking 16 22-06-2010 08:23 PM
Lime Turkdelight General Cooking 2 10-07-2005 09:28 PM
Rose's Lime Cordial <-> Rose's Lime Juice - what's the difference? [email protected] General Cooking 10 31-12-2004 12:25 AM
Rose's Lime Cordial <-> Rose's Lime Juice - what's the difference? [email protected] General 10 31-12-2004 12:25 AM
Key Lime Pie Kim Grauballe Recipes (moderated) 0 29-02-2004 04:17 PM