FoodBanter.com

-   -   Seeking: herbal quick bread recipe. (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/83627-seeking-herbal-quick-bread.html)

montygram 20-02-2006 07:40 AM

Seeking: herbal quick bread recipe.

I make excellent quick breads with spices, but I'm looking to try one
with spices like rosemary, sage, onion powder, etc., and thought I
should take a look at some existing recipes so that I don't use too
much of one thing or too little of another. Any recipes, links, or
suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

montygram 20-02-2006 08:22 AM

Seeking: herbal quick bread recipe.

meant to say "herbs like rosemary..."

butterflyangel 20-02-2006 10:26 AM

Seeking: herbal quick bread recipe.

why dont you take your favourite quick bread recipe and then just add
your favourite herbs to it , or change the hers in it for ones that you
lie , by playing around with the ingrediants a bit you get some nice
flavour varieties

butterflyangel 20-02-2006 10:29 AM

Seeking: herbal quick bread recipe.

oooopppps that should read change the herbs in it for ones that you
like and ingredients not ingrediants lol

MissMoon 20-02-2006 07:20 PM

Seeking: herbal quick bread recipe.

When adding herbs and spices to a recipe, 1/2 tsp per loaf is a good
measure, depending on the herb. For instance with a standard size loaf,
1/2 tsp onion powder,1/4 tsp ground oregano,1 tsp chopped fresh
rosemary,1/4 tsp garlic powder ,1/4 tsp sage etc.Finely ground spices
you would use less, because you get more volumn due to the
consistency.Rosemary is large and bulky, so more is needed to get the
desired results. Hope this helps!

Kate