Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dining Out with a Web Connection!

Lin Tarrant and Cheryl Tomaino didn't let the fact that they no longer
worked in the same office get in the way of their friendship, and over
the years they met regularly for lunch. Eventually, they were joined
by their husbands Richard Tarrant and Joe Tomaino for dinner at various
restaurants in the New York area. The four of them share an
appreciation for good food and an enjoyable setting. The gatherings
became monthly, with the couples taking turns selecting a new
restaurant and occasionally revisiting a favorite "oldie". In
conversations they began referring back to favorite meals and places,
and soon they began recording their culinary adventures in a journal.
It seemed a shame to collect valuable information on these wonderful
(and sometimes not so wonderful) places and not share them. So began
this web site...a place where everyone can join 4 for Dinner! So have
a seat at our table and see what's on the menu...go to
www.4fordinner.com.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Thanks for that - I really enjoyed reading about your dining experiences.

Jo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Thanks for your feedback...we have a couple of more restaurants we need
to add reviews on. I think we also need to make the reviews a little
more condensed...any suggestions?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Joe wrote:
> Thanks for your feedback...we have a couple of more restaurants we need
> to add reviews on. I think we also need to make the reviews a little
> more condensed...any suggestions?

Oh no, please don't condense them! The longer and more detailed the
better, IMNSHO. I particularly loved the photo of the onion 'tower' -
I'm another one who takes photos of her food in restaurants - good to
know I'm not alone! It's almost like vicarious dining out, reading your
site - and certainly a lot cheaper than the real thing.

The only addition I can think of would be an explanation of your rating
system - I gathered it was points out of 30?

Keep up the good work!

Jo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Henhouse > wrote:

> I'm another one who takes photos of her food in restaurants - good to
> know I'm not alone! It's almost like vicarious dining out, reading your
> site - and certainly a lot cheaper than the real thing.
>
> Jo

Hey, Jo! Don't I know you from a.m. or has it always been here? Did
you look at the pics on my webpage from our Chinese dinner last Saturday
night? The note is titled Yummy.
--
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 2-19-2006, Yummy! and church review. :-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Thanks for the encouragement...and we will work on those rating points!