Posted to rec.food.cooking
jay jay is offline

Default Prison Food

I got a letter from a friend who is spending a little time in the Federal
slammer "Club Fed" for some "white collar" thievery...of course HE is
innocent.

He sent a copy of the menu "food preference survey" which is on a U.S.
Department of Justice Federal Bureau of Prisons form.

It ain't bread and water.

It is a columnar type of form. The prisoner can check , Like A Lot, Like,
Do Not Know, Dislike across from the menu item. There are 58 items on
the menu. The first 8 are general i.e "do you like the menu?" ect. The
other 50 are the menu selections.

breakfast scramble, pancakes, waffles, breakfast taco, cheese omelet,
chicken curry, grilled hamburger, chicken enchiladas, chicken patty
sandwich, hot link, grilled ham and cheese, meat loaf, baked chicken,
fried fish sandwich, grilled liver & onion, oriental stir fry, roast
turkey, pineapple chicken, beef cheese enchiladas, submarine sandwich,
lasagna, fried fish, chicken teriyaki, chili dogs, carne gusiada, migas,
western omelet creamed ground beef, french toast, continental breakfast,
quesadilla, chicken a la king, tacos, baked ham, barbequed chicken,
spaghetti w/meat sauce, roast pork, tostados, fried chicken, beef/cheese
pizza, chicken fried steak, beef fajita, chicken mole, roast beef, arroz
con pollo, cheeseburger, chicken fajitas, mcrib sandwich, beef & bean
burrito, menudo.

AND there is a space to "fill in suggested meal."

He says there is a guy there doing 5 years for urinating in a national
park.

Your tax money is at work~

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jay > wrote:

>I got a letter from a friend who is spending a little time in the Federal
>slammer "Club Fed" for some "white collar" thievery...of course HE is
>innocent.

>He sent a copy of the menu "food preference survey" which is on a U.S.
>Department of Justice Federal Bureau of Prisons form.

>It ain't bread and water.

>It is a columnar type of form. The prisoner can check , Like A Lot, Like,
>Do Not Know, Dislike across from the menu item. There are 58 items on
>the menu. The first 8 are general i.e "do you like the menu?" ect. The
>other 50 are the menu selections.

>breakfast scramble, pancakes, waffles, breakfast taco, cheese omelet,
>chicken curry, grilled hamburger, chicken enchiladas, chicken patty
>sandwich, hot link, grilled ham and cheese, meat loaf, baked chicken,
>fried fish sandwich, grilled liver & onion, oriental stir fry, roast
>turkey, pineapple chicken, beef cheese enchiladas, submarine sandwich,
>lasagna, fried fish, chicken teriyaki, chili dogs, carne gusiada, migas,
>western omelet creamed ground beef, french toast, continental breakfast,
>quesadilla, chicken a la king, tacos, baked ham, barbequed chicken,
>spaghetti w/meat sauce, roast pork, tostados, fried chicken, beef/cheese
>pizza, chicken fried steak, beef fajita, chicken mole, roast beef, arroz
>con pollo, cheeseburger, chicken fajitas, mcrib sandwich,

WTF is a mcrib sandwich?

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jay" > wrote in message
news

> I got a letter from a friend who is spending a little time in the Federal
> slammer "Club Fed" for some "white collar" thievery...of course HE is
> innocent.
>
> He sent a copy of the menu "food preference survey" which is on a U.S.
> Department of Justice Federal Bureau of Prisons form.
>
> It ain't bread and water.
>
> It is a columnar type of form. The prisoner can check , Like A Lot, Like,
> Do Not Know, Dislike across from the menu item. There are 58 items on
> the menu. The first 8 are general i.e "do you like the menu?" ect. The
> other 50 are the menu selections.
>
> breakfast scramble, pancakes, waffles, breakfast taco, cheese omelet,
> chicken curry, grilled hamburger, chicken enchiladas, chicken patty
> sandwich, hot link, grilled ham and cheese, meat loaf, baked chicken,
> fried fish sandwich, grilled liver & onion, oriental stir fry, roast
> turkey, pineapple chicken, beef cheese enchiladas, submarine sandwich,
> lasagna, fried fish, chicken teriyaki, chili dogs, carne gusiada, migas,
> western omelet creamed ground beef, french toast, continental breakfast,
> quesadilla, chicken a la king, tacos, baked ham, barbequed chicken,
> spaghetti w/meat sauce, roast pork, tostados, fried chicken, beef/cheese
> pizza, chicken fried steak, beef fajita, chicken mole, roast beef, arroz
> con pollo, cheeseburger, chicken fajitas, mcrib sandwich, beef & bean
> burrito, menudo.
>
> AND there is a space to "fill in suggested meal."

Makes me wonder if that much variety exists to satisfy the chefs, who'd go
nuts making just a few things over & over again.

> He says there is a guy there doing 5 years for urinating in a national
> park.

They should yell at his dad for not teaching him how to find a good spot.
:-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Steve Pope" > wrote

> jay > wrote:

>>con pollo, cheeseburger, chicken fajitas, mcrib sandwich,

> WTF is a mcrib sandwich?

Don't let McDonalds hear about it, I assume it's McRib, this boneless
bbq sauce rib type sandwich they have sometimes (?).

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking
jay jay is offline

On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 14:41:20 +0000, Steve Pope wrote:

>>It is a columnar type of form. The prisoner can check

>>Do Not Know, across from the menu item. ..mcrib sandwich,

> WTF is a mcrib sandwich?
>
> Steve

Check.. DO NOT KNOW or ask the warden.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" > wrote

> "Nancy Young" > hitched up their panties and posted

>> Don't let McDonalds hear about it, I assume it's McRib, this boneless
>> bbq sauce rib type sandwich they have sometimes (?).

> Ewwwwwwwwwww.... I'll bet it's nasty.

Got me, I've never had one, they advertise them once in a
while. When I go to McDs, it's a big mac. Hardly better, I
imagine. But now you know, if I see it advertised again, I'll
get one just to see.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jay wrote:

> I got a letter from a friend who is spending a little time in the Federal
> slammer "Club Fed" for some "white collar" thievery...of course HE is
> innocent.

Of course he is. They all are, even the guys who pleaded guilty.

> He sent a copy of the menu "food preference survey" which is on a U.S.
> Department of Justice Federal Bureau of Prisons form.
>
> It ain't bread and water.
>
> It is a columnar type of form. The prisoner can check , Like A Lot, Like,
> Do Not Know, Dislike across from the menu item. There are 58 items on
> the menu. The first 8 are general i.e "do you like the menu?" ect. The
> other 50 are the menu selections.
>
> breakfast scramble, pancakes, waffles, breakfast taco, cheese omelet,
> chicken curry, grilled hamburger, chicken enchiladas, chicken patty
> sandwich, hot link, grilled ham and cheese, meat loaf, baked chicken,
> fried fish sandwich, grilled liver & onion, oriental stir fry, roast
> turkey, pineapple chicken, beef cheese enchiladas, submarine sandwich,
> lasagna, fried fish, chicken teriyaki, chili dogs, carne gusiada, migas,
> western omelet creamed ground beef, french toast, continental breakfast,
> quesadilla, chicken a la king, tacos, baked ham, barbequed chicken,
> spaghetti w/meat sauce, roast pork, tostados, fried chicken, beef/cheese
> pizza, chicken fried steak, beef fajita, chicken mole, roast beef, arroz
> con pollo, cheeseburger, chicken fajitas, mcrib sandwich, beef & bean
> burrito, menudo.

I would prefer they just have oatmeal porridge or cold cereals for breakfast
and then use the savings to add a little pizzazz to the lunch menu.

My brother worked at the local detention centre while he was going to
university. He had to pay a nominal amount to eat the cafeteria food, but it
was the same food the inmates were fed. Those guys eat a lot more steaks and
roast beef than the rest of us do, more than most people can afford.

> AND there is a space to "fill in suggested meal."

Bread and water :-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
(Steve Pope) wrote:
> >con pollo, cheeseburger, chicken fajitas, mcrib sandwich,

> WTF is a mcrib sandwich?
>
> Steve

McRib? Mickey D's.
--
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 2-11-2006, Sausage Roll Ups
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jay wrote:
> I got a letter from a friend who is spending a little time in the Federal
> slammer "Club Fed" for some "white collar" thievery...of course HE is
> innocent.
>
> He sent a copy of the menu "food preference survey" which is on a U.S.
> Department of Justice Federal Bureau of Prisons form.
>
> It ain't bread and water.
>
> It is a columnar type of form. The prisoner can check , Like A Lot, Like,
> Do Not Know, Dislike across from the menu item. There are 58 items on
> the menu. The first 8 are general i.e "do you like the menu?" ect. The
> other 50 are the menu selections.
>
> breakfast scramble, pancakes, waffles, breakfast taco, cheese omelet,
> chicken curry, grilled hamburger, chicken enchiladas, chicken patty
> sandwich, hot link, grilled ham and cheese, meat loaf, baked chicken,
> fried fish sandwich, grilled liver & onion, oriental stir fry, roast
> turkey, pineapple chicken, beef cheese enchiladas, submarine sandwich,
> lasagna, fried fish, chicken teriyaki, chili dogs, carne gusiada, migas,
> western omelet creamed ground beef, french toast, continental breakfast,
> quesadilla, chicken a la king, tacos, baked ham, barbequed chicken,
> spaghetti w/meat sauce, roast pork, tostados, fried chicken, beef/cheese
> pizza, chicken fried steak, beef fajita, chicken mole, roast beef, arroz
> con pollo, cheeseburger, chicken fajitas, mcrib sandwich, beef & bean
> burrito, menudo.
>
> AND there is a space to "fill in suggested meal."
>
> He says there is a guy there doing 5 years for urinating in a national
> park.
>
> Your tax money is at work~

The menu is enough to keep me honest (if I had a problem being honest,
that is). Not enough veggie choices for my taste. I wonder if any
women are in there for urinating in public or if that's just a "guy
thing"? I would not survive in prison; I'd be too scared of everyone
around me. I don't imagine having an appetite either.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

tofuqueen wrote:

> I wonder if any women are in there for urinating in public or if that's just a
> "guy
> thing"?

While I don't doubt the OP was told that there is someone serving 5 years for
urinating in public, I do have a little trouble believing it is true. Some
prisoners have trouble with things like truth and reality.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> tofuqueen wrote:
>
>> I wonder if any women are in there for urinating in public or if that's
>> just a
>> "guy
>> thing"?

> While I don't doubt the OP was told that there is someone serving 5 years
> for
> urinating in public, I do have a little trouble believing it is true. Some
> prisoners have trouble with things like truth and reality.

The prisoner probably forget to include a detail: After urinating in the
park, he raped a woman, and really should be serving 25 years.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Doug Kanter" > wrote

> "Dave Smith" > wrote

>> While I don't doubt the OP was told that there is someone serving 5 years
>> for
>> urinating in public, I do have a little trouble believing it is true.
>> Some
>> prisoners have trouble with things like truth and reality.

> The prisoner probably forget to include a detail: After urinating in the
> park, he raped a woman, and really should be serving 25 years.

Yeah, I figured it must have been a case of There's more to that
story.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

tofuqueen wrote:
> I wonder if any
> women are in there for urinating in public or if that's just a "guy
> thing"?

There are many, many web sites that show photos and film clips of women
urinating in public... rarely of men.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"tofuqueen" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> The menu is enough to keep me honest (if I had a problem being honest,
> that is). Not enough veggie choices for my taste. I wonder if any
> women are in there for urinating in public or if that's just a "guy
> thing"? I would not survive in prison; I'd be too scared of everyone
> around me. I don't imagine having an appetite either.

If what's a guy thing? Urinating in public, or getting caught doing it?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:

> "Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" > wrote
>

>>"Nancy Young" > hitched up their panties and posted

>>>Don't let McDonalds hear about it, I assume it's McRib, this boneless
>>>bbq sauce rib type sandwich they have sometimes (?).

>>Ewwwwwwwwwww.... I'll bet it's nasty.

> Got me, I've never had one, they advertise them once in a
> while. When I go to McDs, it's a big mac. Hardly better, I
> imagine. But now you know, if I see it advertised again, I'll
> get one just to see.
>
> nancy

How does a hog with no bones in its ribs walk without folding over in
the middle? Curious minds you know.

George

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"George Shirley" > wrote

> Nancy Young wrote:

>>>"Nancy Young" > hitched up their panties and posted

>> Got me, I've never had one, they advertise them once in a
>> while. When I go to McDs, it's a big mac. Hardly better, I
>> imagine. But now you know, if I see it advertised again, I'll
>> get one just to see.

> How does a hog with no bones in its ribs walk without folding over in the
> middle? Curious minds you know.

They probably hang around with the boneless chickens.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Lady Lazarus" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 14:25:21 GMT, in rec.food.cooking, jay
> > hit the crackpipe and declared:
>>

>>I got a letter from a friend who is spending a little time in the Federal
>>slammer "Club Fed" for some "white collar" thievery...of course HE is
>>innocent.
>>
>>He sent a copy of the menu "food preference survey" which is on a U.S.
>>Department of Justice Federal Bureau of Prisons form.
>>
>>It ain't bread and water.
>>
>>It is a columnar type of form. The prisoner can check , Like A Lot, Like,
>>Do Not Know, Dislike across from the menu item. There are 58 items on
>>the menu. The first 8 are general i.e "do you like the menu?" ect. The
>>other 50 are the menu selections.
>>
>>breakfast scramble, pancakes, waffles, breakfast taco, cheese omelet,
>>chicken curry, grilled hamburger, chicken enchiladas, chicken patty
>>sandwich, hot link, grilled ham and cheese, meat loaf, baked chicken,
>>fried fish sandwich, grilled liver & onion, oriental stir fry, roast
>>turkey, pineapple chicken, beef cheese enchiladas, submarine sandwich,
>>lasagna, fried fish, chicken teriyaki, chili dogs, carne gusiada, migas,
>>western omelet creamed ground beef, french toast, continental breakfast,
>>quesadilla, chicken a la king, tacos, baked ham, barbequed chicken,
>>spaghetti w/meat sauce, roast pork, tostados, fried chicken, beef/cheese
>>pizza, chicken fried steak, beef fajita, chicken mole, roast beef, arroz
>>con pollo, cheeseburger, chicken fajitas, mcrib sandwich, beef & bean
>>burrito, menudo.
>>
>>AND there is a space to "fill in suggested meal."
>>
>>He says there is a guy there doing 5 years for urinating in a national
>>park.
>>
>>Your tax money is at work~

> lol! why is there so much hispanic themed items? all the eses are
> doing time in the real joint hahahahahaha

It's a prison. More beans means more suffering. :-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:

>> Don't let McDonalds hear about it, I assume it's McRib, this boneless
>> bbq sauce rib type sandwich they have sometimes (?).
>>
>> nancy

> Ewwwwwwwwwww.... I'll bet it's nasty.
>
> Michael

Actually, while ia certainly ain't BBQ, sometimes I get a craving for it
when McD's brings it out once a year or so... Served with onions and
pickles on this strange boneless "rib slab".
Goomba
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:
> tofuqueen wrote:
>
>>I wonder if any
>>women are in there for urinating in public or if that's just a "guy
>>thing"?

> There are many, many web sites that show photos and film clips of women
> urinating in public... rarely of men.

That's cause for some bizarre reason, viewing it is a fetish for some
men. Are you trying to tell us something Shel? ;-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lady Lazarus wrote:

> lol! why is there so much hispanic themed items? all the eses are
> doing time in the real joint hahahahahaha

I noticed the same thing, although I was surprised to not see PB&J on
the menu.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

George Shirley wrote:

> How does a hog with no bones in its ribs walk without folding over in
> the middle? Curious minds you know.

People with no brains post messages in news groups all the time. Wonders
never cease.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Goomba38" > wrote in message
. ..
> Actually, while ia certainly ain't BBQ, sometimes I get a craving for it
> when McD's brings it out once a year or so... Served with onions and
> pickles on this strange boneless "rib slab".

Well, of course it's boneless. Them's slug ribs, son...

Bob M.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

tofuqueen > wrote:

>The menu is enough to keep me honest (if I had a problem being honest,
>that is). Not enough veggie choices for my taste.

If you're in a California prison, Amy's has the entire concession
for food for vegetarian inmates. I do not know if it's the
same as, similar to, or different from their retail products.

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jay wrote:
> I got a letter from a friend who is spending a little time in the Federal
> slammer "Club Fed" for some "white collar" thievery...of course HE is
> innocent.

....meal."

> He says there is a guy there doing 5 years for urinating in a national
> park.
>
> Your tax money is at work~

is alright
there's enough dens of inquity to balance this menu

right now men are being bad to each other

bin laden would gladly die for his god
but uh...he should be sent to an american prison
he will have to lick grape jelly from thunderbobs
thighs

and it better be good! he might run out of jelly before bob is happy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article 0>,
Bubbabob > wrote:

> Lady Lazarus > wrote:
>

> > lol! why is there so much hispanic themed items? all the eses are
> > doing time in the real joint hahahahahaha
> >

> Where the only item on the menu is Prison Loaf, 3 times a day, 365 days a
> year. Gotta save the money to gorge those Club Fed fat cats somewhere.

My parents have a long time friend who works in a prison kitchen. He's a
chef there. This is a municipal prison where many of the inmates are
there for committing violent crimes. From what I remember, the menu is
well balanced, but not gourmet; basically stuff from Sysco or some other
institutional supplier. If I remember correctly, the prisoners on
special diets such as vegetarians, are accommodated, but the food is far
from gourmet quality.