Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default VDAY

so what is everyone doing for vday dinner? i needs some tips

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman" wrote:

> Well, I will celebrate V-Day (Victoria Day - commemorating the
> birthday of Queen Victoria) with some shepherd's pie and a dark ale.
>
> Or did you mean Saint Valentine's Day?

LOL
In this part of the commonwealth Victoria Day is the Monday closes to the
May 24. There is the odd fireworks display, but the most common way of
celebrating is to go to some sort of outdoor party and drink a lot. They
usually drink beer, and beer come in cases of 24, so when someone talks
about the May 2-4 weekend, it's about the beer not about some old queen
form another country.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> so what is everyone doing for vday dinner? i needs some tips

I'm doing stuffed pork loin chops with wild rice pilaf, and cherry pie
with hearts cut into the lattice top for dessert.

--

saerah

http://anisaerah.blogspot.com/

email:
anisaerah at s b c global.net

-Baruch Spinoza

-Douglas Adams

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
The Bubbo > wrote:
> the place was so crowded and they were SO UNPREPARED

Happened to us one Valentine's Day years ago. It's why I make it a
point to not go out to dinner on 2/14.
--
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 2-11-2006, Sausage Roll Ups
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dee Randall wrote:

> Dinner:
> Stuffed poblanos
> Mexican White/Yellow Cheese
> Romano Beans

What's a romano bean? I know romano cheese, similar to a parmesan.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jude" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Dee Randall wrote:
>

>> Dinner:
>> Stuffed poblanos
>> Mexican White/Yellow Cheese
>> Romano Beans

> What's a romano bean? I know romano cheese, similar to a parmesan.

Sorry, sorry, it's called ROMAN bean. I got carried away on the spelling.
I bought these because they are one the three beans used in their canned
bean salad ($1.29, probably a 28 oz. can.)
The TJ bean salad in a can is excellent.

http://images.google.com/images?q=Ro...=Search+Images
The fourth one.

Dry Roman Beans
A favorite of Dominicans, Colombians, Haitians, and of course Italians.

Many recipes
http://www.cooks.com/rec/search/0,1-..._beans,FF.html

Product Description on amazon for Goya:
Dry roman beans are slightly rosier than pinto beans. A delicious source of
iron and protein, use these roman beans in chili, soups, and salads. Boil
and blend with seasonings to make a dip.

HTH,
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dee Randall wrote:

> Sorry, sorry, it's called ROMAN bean. I got carried away on the spelling.
> I bought these because they are one the three beans used in their canned
> bean salad ($1.29, probably a 28 oz. can.)
> The TJ bean salad in a can is excellent.

Huh! I've actually heard of roman beans, but I was thinking they were
some variety of a green bean/long bean. I'll hafta look for em.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In article >,
> The Bubbo > wrote:
>> the place was so crowded and they were SO UNPREPARED

> Happened to us one Valentine's Day years ago. It's why I make it a
> point to not go out to dinner on 2/14.

I think I, like most of the people there, assumed this place would not be
busy. They'd been shut down on immigration issues (or so the notification
said) and had just reopened on the third, so a lot of people showed up to
celebrate and to have valentines dinner. We chose it over Marina's since
Marina's doesn't serve liquor.

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

ms. tonya wrote:

> Still laughing over White Castle taking reservations for VD'S dinner &
> the large number of couples who actually choose to dine their.
> Our news still talking about it.

We saw that on our way up to dinner. Two different White Castles with dimmed
lights and candles and heart balloons. The places were packed!