Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default X - Rated Fortune Cookies Top Off Fundraiser

X - Rated Fortune Cookies Top Off Fundraiser
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Filed at 5:43 p.m. ET

NEW YORK (AP) -- There is great embarrassment in your future. A box of
X-rated fortune cookies was mistakenly delivered to a fundraiser hosted by a
Brooklyn politician.

The 350 cookies stuffed with ''the most graphically lurid'' fortunes got
mixed up with a batch of 1,750 cookies ordered for the Chinese New Year
event, Borough President Marty Markowitz said Friday. Some guests ''were
stunned, to say the least.''

The annual event -- to raise money to send poor children to summer camp --
was attended by some 700 guests Tuesday evening, but only about 80 were
still there when the dirty cookies were opened, Markowitz said.

The borough president was on the second floor of the two-level restaurant
when a guest ''yelled to me from the first floor: `Marty, did you order
these cookies? Did you see what's inside them? I think you better get your
butt down here!''' Markowitz said.

Markowitz, who was not wearing his glasses, had the ''fortunes'' read to him
by some of the guests.

''I'm sure they were meant for a raunchy bachelor party,'' he said. ''They
were not cutesy. Triple X to say the least.''

He said his office had given the restaurant 10 slogans about Brooklyn to
insert into the fortune cookies, and 1,400 were delivered correctly.

They contained such G-rated boosterisms as: ''Brooklyn -- The 10th Planet,''
''Brooklyn -- it's more than a freak'in tree,'' and ''Brooklyn -- it's like
an everything bagel.''

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 19:22:50 -0500, "Nobody" >
connected the dots and wrote:
~
~They contained such G-rated boosterisms as: ''Brooklyn -- The 10th
Planet,''
~''Brooklyn -- it's more than a freak'in tree,'' and ''Brooklyn --
it's like
~an everything bagel.''
~

It's more than a freakin tree?? Someone needs a new promotions hack.

My husband's favorite fortune: "You're no Jack Kennedy!"

maxine in ri
sick day, not snow day

You ever get a fortune cookie that did not have the fortune inside? Somebody General Cooking 80 13-07-2012 06:27 PM
Secret admirer fortune cookies Duckie ® Recipes 0 11-10-2005 12:58 PM
Fortune Cookies Duckie ® Recipes 0 22-07-2005 02:59 PM
got any FundRaiser BBQ experiences MikeThibodeau Barbecue 3 03-06-2004 08:59 AM
Fundraiser Success Tank General Cooking 7 01-04-2004 09:20 PM