FoodBanter.com

-   -   Real Estate (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/82707-real-estate.html)

Sheldon 10-02-2006 06:14 PM

Real Estate

Is this real: http://www.richardhead.com

Sheldon

aem 10-02-2006 06:17 PM

Real Estate

Sheldon wrote:
> Is this real: http://www.richardhead.com

Huh? Is what real? It's a broker's info. What am I missing? -aem

zxcvbob 10-02-2006 06:21 PM

Real Estate

aem wrote:

> Sheldon wrote:
>
>>Is this real: http://www.richardhead.com
>>

> Huh? Is what real? It's a broker's info. What am I missing? -aem

The "dick head" part. It's an implied sophomoric joke. HTH :-)

Bob

aem 10-02-2006 06:24 PM

Real Estate

zxcvbob wrote:
> aem wrote:
>
> > Sheldon wrote:
> >
> >>Is this real: http://www.richardhead.com
> >>

> > Huh? Is what real? It's a broker's info. What am I missing? -aem
> >

> The "dick head" part. It's an implied sophomoric joke. HTH :-)

Oh. I'm not used to looking for subtlety from this source. ;-) -aem

KevinS[_1_] 10-02-2006 06:24 PM

Real Estate

aem wrote on 2/10/2006:

<snip>

> Huh? Is what real? It's a broker's info. What am I missing? -aem

I think individual's name amuses him.

jmcquown 10-02-2006 07:07 PM

Real Estate

KevinS wrote:
> aem wrote on 2/10/2006:
>
> <snip>
>
>> Huh? Is what real? It's a broker's info. What am I missing?
>> -aem

> I think individual's name amuses him.

Used to be an insurance agent who advertised on benches at city bus stops.
His name was George I. Hurt. As teens we thought it was terribly amusing;
gotta get "hurt" to get insurance!

Jill

Puester 10-02-2006 08:29 PM

Real Estate

Sheldon wrote:
> Is this real: http://www.richardhead.com
>
> Sheldon

What do you bet he asks to be called Rick or Rich?

g;oria p

Gregory Morrow[_1_] 10-02-2006 08:44 PM

Real Estate

jmcquown wrote:

> Used to be an insurance agent who advertised on benches at city bus stops.
> His name was George I. Hurt. As teens we thought it was terribly amusing;
> gotta get "hurt" to get insurance!

Where I grew up there was a mortuary in a neighboring town named "Crummy
Funeral Home" (the family's name was Crummy)...me I woulda come up with
something more "soothing".

--
Best
Greg

Gregory Morrow[_1_] 10-02-2006 08:46 PM

Real Estate

jmcquown wrote:

> Used to be an insurance agent who advertised on benches at city bus stops.
> His name was George I. Hurt. As teens we thought it was terribly amusing;
> gotta get "hurt" to get insurance!

I once knew a drag queen who went by the stage name of "Ida Beater"...

--
Best
Greg

Mark Thorson 10-02-2006 08:53 PM

Real Estate

Sheldon wrote:

> Is this real: http://www.richardhead.com
>
> Sheldon

Doesn't take much to amuse you, does it?

Sheldon 10-02-2006 08:54 PM

Real Estate

Gregory Morrow wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>
> > Used to be an insurance agent who advertised on benches at city bus stops.
> > His name was George I. Hurt. As teens we thought it was terribly amusing;
> > gotta get "hurt" to get insurance!

> I once knew a drag queen who went by the stage name of "Ida Beater"...

A jack off of " Boise, Idaho".

Sheldon

Mark Thorson 10-02-2006 08:54 PM

Real Estate

zxcvbob wrote:

> The "dick head" part. It's an implied sophomoric joke. HTH :-)
>
> Bob

Sophomoric? More like junior high school, I'd say. :-)

zxcvbob 10-02-2006 08:56 PM

Real Estate

Mark Thorson wrote:
> zxcvbob wrote:
>
>>The "dick head" part. It's an implied sophomoric joke. HTH :-)
>>
>>Bob

> Sophomoric? More like junior high school, I'd say. :-)

Yes, but I couldn't think of an accurate adjective. :-)

Bob

Gregory Morrow[_1_] 10-02-2006 09:03 PM

Real Estate

Sheldon wrote:

> Gregory Morrow wrote:
> > jmcquown wrote:
> >
> > > Used to be an insurance agent who advertised on benches at city bus

stops.
> > > His name was George I. Hurt. As teens we thought it was terribly

amusing;
> > > gotta get "hurt" to get insurance!

> > I once knew a drag queen who went by the stage name of "Ida Beater"...

> A jack off of " Boise, Idaho".

Hmmm...now did you get that from one of those "Tijuana Bibles"...???

[for those youngsters here not familiar with the term go he
http://www.tijuanabible.org/ ]

--
Best
Greg

Dave Smith[_1_] 10-02-2006 09:13 PM

Real Estate

aem wrote:

> Sheldon wrote:
> > Is this real: http://www.richardhead.com
> >

> Huh? Is what real? It's a broker's info. What am I missing? -aem

His nickname perhaps.... Dick Head.
:-)

Old Mother Ashby 10-02-2006 11:15 PM

Real Estate

Sheldon wrote:

>Is this real: http://www.richardhead.com
>
>Sheldon

I think it probably is. If he was pulling your leg he'd be calling
himself Richard Cranium, wouldn't he? I seem to recall a racehorse
called that, the name got past the proper authorities somehow.

The best ever, in my opinion, is The Goons in the 1950s getting away
with a character called Hugh Jampton, the deb's delight. You've got to
know rhyming slang to get it, of course...

Christine
Oh, alright, think Hampton Wick

Old Mother Ashby 10-02-2006 11:17 PM

Real Estate

aem wrote:

>Sheldon wrote:
>

>>Is this real: http://www.richardhead.com
>>

>Huh? Is what real? It's a broker's info. What am I missing? -aem

Haven't you realised that, despite his obsession with kitchen hygiene,
Sheldon has a mind like a sewer? Loves schoolboy smut? I will say no
more, you are clearly a nice person.

Christine

Switch[_1_] 10-02-2006 11:35 PM

Real Estate

Sheldon wrote:
> Is this real: http://www.richardhead.com
>
> Sheldon

oh man...
that's a direct hit

Bob Myers 11-02-2006 12:17 AM

Real Estate

"Old Mother Ashby" > wrote in message
> Haven't you realised that, despite his obsession with kitchen hygiene,
> Sheldon has a mind like a sewer? Loves schoolboy smut? I will say no
> more, you are clearly a nice person.

Sheldon has a MIND? When did THAT happen?

Damn, I must've missed the memo again...

Bob M.