Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default A very basic, but delicious almond dessert

I saw this on TV and tried it. It was very good. I had to make doubloe
portion in a spring form pan, becuase I did not have the right type of
pan (round with a hole in the middle):

200 gram/ 7 oz. Blanched almonds
200 g /7 oz. Sugar
4 Egg whites
A pinch of salt
Butter and breadcrumbs for the round pan
100 g /3.5 oz. melted chocolate
2 tbsp oil

Chop the almonds in a blender with 150 gram of the sugar. Whip the egg
whites stiff with the salt and the rest of the sugar. Fold the almond
flour with the eggwhites.
Wipe the pan with butter and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
Bake 35 min at 400 F/200 C. Freeze it a couple of hours.
Melt the cholate and mix with oil. Pour it over the cake so it is
completely covered.

Let some oranges soak a bit in sherry, port, or sauternes.

Whip some cream into a vanilla icecream.

Serve the cake with the soft icecream, oranges, and some sherry, port,
or sauternes.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 14:37:23 +0100, Michael Archon Sequoia Nielsen
> wrote:

>I saw this on TV and tried it. It was very good. I had to make doubloe
>portion in a spring form pan, becuase I did not have the right type of
>pan (round with a hole in the middle):

So, where's the picture?

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Do you put the meringue over the breadcrumbs or the breadcrumbs over the
meringue?

"Michael Archon Sequoia Nielsen" > wrote in message
> I saw this on TV and tried it. It was very good. I had to make doubloe
> portion in a spring form pan, becuase I did not have the right type of
> pan (round with a hole in the middle):
>
> 200 gram/ 7 oz. Blanched almonds
> 200 g /7 oz. Sugar
> 4 Egg whites
> A pinch of salt
> Butter and breadcrumbs for the round pan
> 100 g /3.5 oz. melted chocolate
> 2 tbsp oil
>

> Chop the almonds in a blender with 150 gram of the sugar. Whip the egg
> whites stiff with the salt and the rest of the sugar. Fold the almond
> flour with the eggwhites.
> Wipe the pan with butter and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
> Bake 35 min at 400 F/200 C. Freeze it a couple of hours.
> Melt the cholate and mix with oil. Pour it over the cake so it is
> completely covered.
>
> Let some oranges soak a bit in sherry, port, or sauternes.
>
> Whip some cream into a vanilla icecream.
>
> Serve the cake with the soft icecream, oranges, and some sherry, port,
> or sauternes.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Michael Archon Sequoia Nielsen > wrote:

Well, where the dickens have YOU been!?
--
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 2-10-2006, How Much is Enough?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cappy wrote:
> Do you put the meringue over the breadcrumbs or the breadcrumbs over the
> meringue?

The breadcrumbs are only to make it eaasy to remove the cake fmor the
pan afterwards. smear the butter, sprinkle the breadcrumbs, turn it over
over the sink to et rid of leftover breadcrumbs, then strain the
"meringue" into the pan.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine Dabney wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 14:37:23 +0100, Michael Archon Sequoia Nielsen
> > wrote:
>

>>I saw this on TV and tried it. It was very good. I had to make doubloe
>>portion in a spring form pan, becuase I did not have the right type of
>>pan (round with a hole in the middle):

> So, where's the picture?

Damn, I forgot to take a picture.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> Well, where the dickens have YOU been!?

Off drawing cartoons of muhammed

No, I'm just not so active on usenet becuase I am behind on my phd
thesis. So many things I want to try out before finishing it. I'm mostly
dividing my time between my my thesis, my girlfriend, and my ninja
training.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michael Archon Sequoia Nielsen wrote:
> I saw this on TV and tried it. It was very good. I had to make doubloe
> portion in a spring form pan, becuase I did not have the right type of
> pan (round with a hole in the middle):

This is the type of pan it is supposed to be:

http://www.defineting.dk/defineting_...koekken_03.htm
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Michael Archon Sequoia Nielsen > wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> >
> > Well, where the dickens have YOU been!?

> Off drawing cartoons of muhammed
>
> No, I'm just not so active on usenet becuase I am behind on my phd
> thesis. So many things I want to try out before finishing it. I'm mostly
> dividing my time between my my thesis, my girlfriend, and my ninja
> training.

Do good and remember this: If you can't dazzle them with your
brilliance, baffle them with bullshit. The PhD's mantra.
--
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 2-11-2006, Sausage Roll Ups