FoodBanter.com

-   -   UGH I gots the flu (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/82500-re-ugh-i-gots.html)

Dave Smith[_1_] 08-02-2006 10:14 PM

UGH I gots the flu

Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan wrote:

> The flu bug has hit. We have an incredibly beautiful snow going. The yard
> is gorgeous. Steven is getting me Straub's chicken and noodle soup. I'm
> sitting here with Bart on my lap and Ramsey is sleeping on the monitor. I
> went into work but was immediately sent home. The owner is going to Dallas
> tomorrow. She does not want a flu bug with her. So Dave Smith, that's my
> daily ditty ;) You beez a good man Dave. Anyone into equestrian events is
> okay in my book.

Now don't you wish that you had gone out and got that flu shot. I went for mine
this year, as I have every year for the last few years. Unlike those who insist
they got the flu anyway or got it worse, I have not had a dose of flu for
years.

It was a lazy day here. I slept in until 9:30. Then I had some oatmeal, a
latte, logged on to check email, do my cross word puzzles and crpytogram. Then
I went out for coffee and a cranberry blueberry bran muffin to go along with my
morning newspaper and coffee. Then I was off to the Y where I did 20 minutes
on the cross trainer, 8 weight station for the regular routine, then back to
the biceps curl machine for three more sets, and then to the set leg press
where I dropped the weight in half to 100 and did two sets of 100 to get set
for a show on the weekend. I ended with a 1 mile walk on the track, then hit
the showers and steam batch.

L'Espérance 08-02-2006 10:49 PM

UGH I gots the flu

Dave Smith wrote:

> Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan wrote:
>

>>The flu bug has hit. We have an incredibly beautiful snow going. The yard
>>is gorgeous. Steven is getting me Straub's chicken and noodle soup. I'm
>>sitting here with Bart on my lap and Ramsey is sleeping on the monitor. I
>>went into work but was immediately sent home. The owner is going to Dallas
>>tomorrow. She does not want a flu bug with her. So Dave Smith, that's my
>>daily ditty ;) You beez a good man Dave. Anyone into equestrian events is
>>okay in my book.

> Now don't you wish that you had gone out and got that flu shot. I went for mine
> this year, as I have every year for the last few years. Unlike those who insist
> they got the flu anyway or got it worse, I have not had a dose of flu for
> years.

Nothing like hindsight is 20:20 is there? I agree with the flu shot. I
get it every year because my doctor *insists* on it and I'm glad she
does. The flu can really knock you out. What some term as the flu is
not really the flu. The flu can take several weeks to get over!

> It was a lazy day here. I slept in until 9:30. Then I had some oatmeal, a
> latte, logged on to check email, do my cross word puzzles and crpytogram. Then
> I went out for coffee and a cranberry blueberry bran muffin to go along with my
> morning newspaper and coffee. Then I was off to the Y where I did 20 minutes
> on the cross trainer, 8 weight station for the regular routine, then back to
> the biceps curl machine for three more sets, and then to the set leg press
> where I dropped the weight in half to 100 and did two sets of 100 to get set
> for a show on the weekend. I ended with a 1 mile walk on the track, then hit
> the showers and steam batch.

It was a lazy day here too. The most I really did was decide what was
for dinner and put it on. I'm in a *lot* of pain today so that was more
than enough. I basically lounged on the couch, watched food network,
posted a bit likely more than I should have but I was a tad bored,
checked out ebay, did a little bidding and won at least one item. DH
and I will have a lovely candlelit dinner followed by a lazy but cozy
evening. We'll likely be tucked into bed by 8:30 tonight.

serene 08-02-2006 11:29 PM

UGH I gots the flu

On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 22:13:15 GMT, "Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan"
> wrote:

>Dave Smith > hitched up their panties and
>posted :
>
>> Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan wrote:
>>
>>> The flu bug has hit. We have an incredibly beautiful snow going.
>>> The yard is gorgeous. Steven is getting me Straub's chicken and
>>> noodle soup. I'm sitting here with Bart on my lap and Ramsey is
>>> sleeping on the monitor. I went into work but was immediately sent
>>> home. The owner is going to Dallas tomorrow. She does not want a flu
>>> bug with her. So Dave Smith, that's my daily ditty ;) You beez a
>>> good man Dave. Anyone into equestrian events is okay in my book.

>> Now don't you wish that you had gone out and got that flu shot.

>I get a flu shot every year. Every year I get some variant of the flu.

I'm allergic to something in the flu shot. If I get the shot, I get
sick as a dog. Not worth it for me, but I've been lucky and haven't
had a flu since I almost died from it in 1998.

serene

Sheldon 09-02-2006 12:22 AM

UGH I gots the flu

serene wrote:
> On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 22:13:15 GMT, "Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan"
> > wrote:
>
> >Dave Smith > hitched up their panties and
> >posted :

> >> Now don't you wish that you had gone out and got that flu shot.

> >I get a flu shot every year. Every year I get some variant of the flu.

> I'm allergic to something in the flu shot. If I get the shot, I get
> sick as a dog. Not worth it for me, but I've been lucky and haven't
> had a flu since I almost died from it in 1998.

Unless you're allergic to eggs you'll get no allergic reaction to the
flue shot... your doctor should have asked about the eggs. I think it
was just a coinkydink you felt badly... better to take the shot and
risk feeling sick as a dog than to die.

Dave Smith[_1_] 09-02-2006 12:30 AM

UGH I gots the flu

Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan wrote:

> > Now don't you wish that you had gone out and got that flu shot.

> I get a flu shot every year. Every year I get some variant of the flu.

Maybe you should get a job as a laboratory monkey :-)

Old Mother Ashby 09-02-2006 01:22 AM

UGH I gots the flu

Dave Smith wrote:

>Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan wrote:
>

>>The flu bug has hit. We have an incredibly beautiful snow going. The yard
>>is gorgeous. Steven is getting me Straub's chicken and noodle soup. I'm
>>sitting here with Bart on my lap and Ramsey is sleeping on the monitor. I
>>went into work but was immediately sent home. The owner is going to Dallas
>>tomorrow. She does not want a flu bug with her. So Dave Smith, that's my
>>daily ditty ;) You beez a good man Dave. Anyone into equestrian events is
>>okay in my book.
>>

>Now don't you wish that you had gone out and got that flu shot. I went for mine
>this year, as I have every year for the last few years. Unlike those who insist
>they got the flu anyway or got it worse, I have not had a dose of flu for
>years.

Yeah but, I've never had a flu shot in my life, and I haven't had the
flu since 1979. I would never discourage anybody from having a
vaccination, but personally - being in good general health at the moment
- I don't feel it's necessary.

>It was a lazy day here. I slept in until 9:30. Then I had some oatmeal, a
>latte, logged on to check email, do my cross word puzzles and crpytogram. Then
>I went out for coffee and a cranberry blueberry bran muffin to go along with my
>morning newspaper and coffee. Then I was off to the Y where I did 20 minutes
>on the cross trainer, 8 weight station for the regular routine, then back to
>the biceps curl machine for three more sets, and then to the set leg press
>where I dropped the weight in half to 100 and did two sets of 100 to get set
>for a show on the weekend. I ended with a 1 mile walk on the track, then hit
>the showers and steam batch.

Dear me, what I have to look forward to, though I can't see any
immediate prospect of retirement.

Christine