Posted to rec.food.cooking
Van Van is offline

Default New, Delicious Species Discovered

Food-related, I guess . . .

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/31017

Van

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Van wrote:
> Food-related, I guess . . .
>
> http://www.theonion.com/content/node/31017

great day!

monkey meat?

I watched a video where they brought a live monkey to a table of hungry
people.
They put the monkey in a cage down inside the middle of the table but
left the monkeys head sticking up on the table. Just the head. Alive!

Everybody was given a plate and napkins and a wooden mallet.

monkey brains!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Switch" > wrote in
oups.com:

> Van wrote:
>> Food-related, I guess . . .
>>
>> http://www.theonion.com/content/node/31017

> great day!
>
> monkey meat?
>
> I watched a video where they brought a live monkey to a table of hungry
> people.
> They put the monkey in a cage down inside the middle of the table but
> left the monkeys head sticking up on the table. Just the head. Alive!
>
> Everybody was given a plate and napkins and a wooden mallet.
>
> monkey brains!

Wasn't that on one of the "Faces of Death" videos?

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
> Wasn't that on one of the "Faces of Death" videos?

Yep. That bothered me worse than the humans being killed.
But I've been hearing recently that it was all faked.
Marie

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Welcome to "the onion".... read this article and you'll see just how
serious this site is.
http://www.theonion.com/content/node/44892 Kev

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:

> Wasn't that on one of the "Faces of Death" videos?
>
> Andy

oh yeah

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Van wrote:
> Food-related, I guess . . .
>
> http://www.theonion.com/content/node/31017
>

> Van

The sad part is it's not all that far from the truth. Many non-human
primate species are being dessimated by the trade in bushmeat, chimp
and gorilla being two that are at the top of the list. It's not only
native people who are consuming bushmeat; it's now being illegally
exported to places like Europe, Japan and other parts of SE Asia.

http://bushmeat.net/

-L.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

-L. wrote:
> The sad part is it's not all that far from the truth. Many non-human
> primate species are being dessimated by the trade in bushmeat, chimp
> and gorilla being two that are at the top of the list. It's not only
> native people who are consuming bushmeat; it's now being illegally
> exported to places like Europe, Japan and other parts of SE Asia.
> http://bushmeat.net/

> -L.

One really can't blame the natives... they've been eating it God knows
how long as a means of survival and more than likely would have had
little effect on the population had it not been dessimated by poachers.
It's the human scum that walk this earth with a desire to eat or own
exotic animals out of sheer vanity and the poachers who provide them
that service by killing or stealing them from their habitat who need to
be ostracized from civil societies. Kev

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:

> Wasn't that on one of the "Faces of Death" videos?
>
> Andy

That shit has haunted me for years. It's one of the reasons I became a
primate activist. I will never forget the look on the geek's face
(horned-rimmed glasses, cigarette in hand) as they bash the monkey to
death. Ugh.

-L.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Marie" > wrote in message
> "Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
>> Wasn't that on one of the "Faces of Death" videos?

> Yep. That bothered me worse than the humans being killed.
> But I've been hearing recently that it was all faked.
> Marie

Nope. A delicasy in places like the Phillipine Islands. Disgusting to me
though.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

-L. wrote:
> Andy wrote:
>

>>Wasn't that on one of the "Faces of Death" videos?
>>
>>Andy

> That shit has haunted me for years. It's one of the reasons I became a
> primate activist. I will never forget the look on the geek's face
> (horned-rimmed glasses, cigarette in hand) as they bash the monkey to
> death. Ugh.
>
> -L.

well, do you really think the chicken or beef on your plate is treated
much better?

--

saerah

http://anisaerah.blogspot.com/