Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Friday's lunch for the guys...

The request for me to make lunch had been made shortly after New Year's so I
promised to cook the first week in February...

Sweet Tea
Italian Bean Stew*
Soft Bread Sticks*
Mocha Bars*

The stew was gone in less than 10 minutes!! The breadsticks in only a few
more and the mocha bars were finished the next day as I made a huge batch so
that I could share them with my husband's office.

Italian Bean Stew

1 # Mild Sausage (Jimmy Dean Brand)
1 # Italian Sausage (also Jimmy Dean)
4 cans Cannellini (white kidney) Beans (14-20 oz each, rinsed & drained)
1/2 large Sweet Yellow Onion, diced
1/2 large Red Onion, diced
6 cloves Garlic, minced
2 cups (+/-) Chicken Broth
Sprinkling of Morton's Nature's Seasons Seasoning
Sprinkling of Everglades Heat
Sprinkling of Tabasco Sauce

Brown up the sausage and pour into Crock-Pot. Stir in the beans and about 1
1/2 cups chicken broth. Sweat the onions in the same pan/skillet that the
sausage was browned. As the onions begin to soften add in about 1/2 cup of
the chicken broth and the minced garlic. Once onions are translucent add
them to the Crock-Pot. Stir and cook on low until the beans are tender. A
couple of hours before serving add the seasonings and Tabasco.

NOTE: I started this 7 p.m. Thursday and we ate at 11 a.m. on Friday. The
stew could have been served (cooking-wise) several hours sooner or even
several hours later.

Soft Bread Sticks

7 1/2 oz Warm Water
3 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
3 1/2 TBSP Sugar
2 TBSP Coffee Creamer
1 tsp Everglades Heat Seasoning
3 TBSP Butter
2 tsp dry yeast
------
Additional melted Butter
1 tsp Italian Herbs (basil, oregano, thyme & maybe marjoram)
1 - 2 tsp Reggiano Parmesan Cheese

I let the bread machine make up the dough with the first 7 ingredients.
Punched down dough and let rest 15 minutes. Cut dough into 18-24 pieces and
shaped them into ropes of dough. Cut each rope in half and placed that on
greased baking sheets and let rise for 45 minutes. Brushed with melted
butter and baked @ 350 ° for 13 minutes. Immediately out of the oven I
brushed on more butter and sprinkled the herbs and cheese.

NOTE: Since I was baking these at midnight, I let them cool for about 15
minutes then transferred them all onto a single baking sheet and covered it
with a towel. In the morning I placed them in a plastic bag. Before
serving I spritzed in some water and microwaved them for 18 seconds.

Mocha Bars

3-4 TBSP Butter
3 TBSP Instant Coffee
1 tsp Vanilla
10 1/2 oz Marshmallows
6 cups Crispy Rice-type Cereal

Melt butter in a pan. Stir in coffee until blended in. Next, stir in the
vanilla, followed by the marshmallows. Turn off the heat but continue
stirring until the marshmallows have melted. Stir in the cereal. Once all
is incorporated spread it into a buttered dish (9" x 13" or larger). Allow
to set; then cut and serve.

Upon delivering the mocha bars to Rick's office I was asked what was the
occasion... I explained that I'd promised 'the guys' that I'd cook. They
were quick to say that I could cook for them, as well! LOL I said I would
keep them in mind for the next go around. Hmmmm, what to make...what to
make...

--
Syssi

Friday Lunch Gruaud, Cos, Dominus, Talbot, Vatican, Pesquera Bill S. Wine 4 04-12-2011 03:09 PM
FREE Invasion Day lunch LOL! (Lunch, Tues 26rd Jan) Peter Lucas[_13_] General Cooking 1 27-01-2010 02:25 PM
Friday Lunch Notes for May 2009 Bill S. Wine 0 09-05-2009 05:17 PM
Friday Lunch PeterL General Cooking 0 15-12-2006 01:43 AM
Lunch on the first Friday of Lent at Doña Martha's house Rolly Mexican Cooking 2 12-02-2005 04:24 PM