Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Rice for 25

I have a dinner party tonight and will make as special rice with nuts,
bacon, onions etc. How many lbs or Kg of rice should I need to feed
all of these people.

I figured, I usually make 2 cups for 6 people, so 8 cups for 24 should
sufice, But I am scared It will not be enough, any experts out there
that have a magic formula for bulk cooking.

I have never made dinner for so many, so I am a bit of a novice.

Jenny

Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

kevnbro wrote:

> If the rice is intended as a side along with other sides, then 1 cup
> of raw rice will easily feed 4- chances are there will be a few folks
> who will by-pass the rice anyway as a carb.

I agree with this. When I cook for 2 to 8 people I figure on 1/2 cup
per person if they're Asian, 1/3 cup per person if they're Westerners.
But for buffets, potlucks or other large gatherings, 1/4 cup per person
will be plenty. Even though you're making a sort of pilaf rather than
plain rice, people tend to take smaller portions of the side dishes at
such occasions. -aem

Posted to rec.food.cooking

aem (AEB) wrote:
> kevnbro wrote:
>
> When I cook for 2 to 8 people I figure on 1/2 cup
> per person if they're Asian, 1/3 cup per person if they're Westerners.

Cajuns and Latinos are westerners too...

Is your first name Archie, because your last name should be Bunker.
Bigot!

Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

Sheldon wrote:
> aem (AEB) wrote:
> >
> > When I cook for 2 to 8 people I figure on 1/2 cup
> > per person if they're Asian, 1/3 cup per person if they're Westerners.

> Cajuns and Latinos are westerners too...
>
> Is your first name Archie, because your last name should be Bunker.
> Bigot!

ROTFLMAO!! You calling me a bigot!? Things must be really boring
around your house today. -aem