Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Extra Glaze

Anyone save those little packets of glaze that accompany spiral cut
hams?

I don't always use those glaze packets on the hams, but since they are
just brown sugar and spices I save them. I pour them into a spice
bottle that has a sprinkle top. Most times I sprinkle some glaze
mixture on hot cereals; oatmeal, cream of rice, etc.... very good.
Today for lunch I decided on a can of Spam, coated it all over with
glaze mix and nuked it on high for three minutes, flipped it over
halfway through, excellent. But still needed something.. then remember
that yesterday I mixed up some of Penzeys oriental hot mustard... was
perfect slathered on my sliced spam sandwich (used a big fat Portugese
roll).

Ya know, that Penzeys oriental hot mustard has been in my freezer for
at least ten years, this was the last of a one pound package, gotta
remember to order more... was still hotter'n hell.

Anyone else save ham glaze packets?

Sheldon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article om>,
"Sheldon" > wrote:

> Anyone save those little packets of glaze that accompany spiral cut
> hams?
>
> I don't always use those glaze packets on the hams, but since they are
> just brown sugar and spices I save them. I pour them into a spice
> bottle that has a sprinkle top. Most times I sprinkle some glaze
> mixture on hot cereals; oatmeal, cream of rice, etc.... very good.
> Today for lunch I decided on a can of Spam, coated it all over with
> glaze mix and nuked it on high for three minutes, flipped it over
> halfway through, excellent. But still needed something.. then remember
> that yesterday I mixed up some of Penzeys oriental hot mustard... was
> perfect slathered on my sliced spam sandwich (used a big fat Portugese
> roll).
>
> Ya know, that Penzeys oriental hot mustard has been in my freezer for
> at least ten years, this was the last of a one pound package, gotta
> remember to order more... was still hotter'n hell.
>
> Anyone else save ham glaze packets?
>
> Sheldon

I save the orange glaze packets that come with fresh frozen ducks. :-)
I've never gotten a glaze packet with a ham, but I don't buy spiral
sliced.....
--
Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

>Today for lunch I decided on a can of Spam, coated it all over with
>glaze mix and nuked it on high for three minutes, flipped it over
>halfway through, excellent.

Had anyone but you posted that lunch Sheldon, you'd have ripped into
them like a bag of Lay's. "SPAM... a redneck Christmas ham" Kev

Posted to rec.food.cooking

kevnbro wrote:
> >Today for lunch I decided on a can of Spam, coated it all over with
> >glaze mix and nuked it on high for three minutes, flipped it over
> >halfway through, excellent.

> Had anyone but you posted that lunch Sheldon, you'd have ripped into
> them like a bag of Lay's. "SPAM... a redneck Christmas ham" Kev

Actually I'd award kudos for admitting it. Spam is good eating... what
could be bad, it's the national dish of Hawaii

Posted to rec.food.cooking

kevnbro wrote:

> >Today for lunch I decided on a can of Spam, coated it all over with
> >glaze mix and nuked it on high for three minutes, flipped it over
> >halfway through, excellent.

> Had anyone but you posted that lunch Sheldon, you'd have ripped into
> them like a bag of Lay's. "SPAM... a redneck Christmas ham" Kev

True.
We were talking about Spam the other day. My brother said he liked it and
that our mother used to make sandwiches out of it. I didn't remember that.
My sister in law said she had never taste it and didn't know what it
really was. From his description, it turned out that he had confused it
with canned corned beef.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:
> Anyone save those little packets of glaze that accompany spiral cut
> hams?
>
> I don't always use those glaze packets on the hams, but since they are
> just brown sugar and spices I save them. I pour them into a spice
> bottle that has a sprinkle top. Most times I sprinkle some glaze
> mixture on hot cereals; oatmeal, cream of rice, etc.... very good.
> Today for lunch I decided on a can of Spam, coated it all over with
> glaze mix and nuked it on high for three minutes, flipped it over
> halfway through, excellent. But still needed something.. then remember
> that yesterday I mixed up some of Penzeys oriental hot mustard... was
> perfect slathered on my sliced spam sandwich (used a big fat Portugese
> roll).
>
> Ya know, that Penzeys oriental hot mustard has been in my freezer for
> at least ten years, this was the last of a one pound package, gotta
> remember to order more... was still hotter'n hell.
>
> Anyone else save ham glaze packets?
>
> Sheldon

The first time I bought a ham with one of the packets I tasted the
spice and there was something bitter I couldn't identify. I threw it
out and have done so ever since. I start fresh with spices and sugar or
fruit puree for the glaze.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:

>We were talking about Spam the other day. My brother said he liked it and
>that our mother used to make sandwiches out of it. I didn't remember that.
>My sister in law said she had never taste it and didn't know what it
>really was. From his description, it turned out that he had confused it
>with canned corned beef.

Canned corn beef is fairly dire but Spam is pretty good eatin'...I always
keep a can or two on hand...

I like to fry up some to serve with scrambled eggs...makes a tasty
breakfast.

--
Best
Greg