General Cooking (rec.food.cooking) For general food and cooking discussion. Foods of all kinds, food procurement, cooking methods and techniques, eating, etc.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 90
Default Chopping & Cooking & Cake

I was in the mood to cook yesterday. Here's what I made: cheesy
cauliflower soup, creamed turkey casserole both to be enjoyed later.
Dinner was: tossed salad greens with raspberry vinegiarette, grilled NY
stip steaks, steamed potatoes, the most delectable steamed aspargus, and
fresh baked 12 grain bread! On today's agenda: chili and my favourite
white cake. The chopping for the chili is finished and I just put it
onto the heat. The chili is for this weekend. I'm using the vanilla DH
brought back from the Dominican in the cake. This is my number one
favourite cake recipe. Not only is it easy, moist, and tasty, the
results are always consistently never fail. It lends itself well to a
variety of icings or fruit toppings. The cake topping will be based on
the wonderful prepared coconut DH's caddy's wife made in the Dominican.
I'm thinking something rich and creamy as a topping perhaps using
fresh whipped cream sweetened with the coconut and lightly accented with
the vanilla then topped with just a little toasted coconut.
  #2 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,620
Default Chopping & Cooking & Cake

On Wed 01 Feb 2006 10:17:35a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it
L'Espérance?

> I was in the mood to cook yesterday. Here's what I made: cheesy
> cauliflower soup, creamed turkey casserole both to be enjoyed later.
> Dinner was: tossed salad greens with raspberry vinegiarette, grilled NY
> stip steaks, steamed potatoes, the most delectable steamed aspargus, and
> fresh baked 12 grain bread! On today's agenda: chili and my favourite
> white cake. The chopping for the chili is finished and I just put it
> onto the heat. The chili is for this weekend. I'm using the vanilla DH
> brought back from the Dominican in the cake. This is my number one
> favourite cake recipe. Not only is it easy, moist, and tasty, the
> results are always consistently never fail. It lends itself well to a
> variety of icings or fruit toppings. The cake topping will be based on
> the wonderful prepared coconut DH's caddy's wife made in the Dominican.
> I'm thinking something rich and creamy as a topping perhaps using
> fresh whipped cream sweetened with the coconut and lightly accented with
> the vanilla then topped with just a little toasted coconut.


You've been busy! (as usual) You are a prolific cook.

Would you mind posting your white cake recipe? The recipe I usually use
tends to be on the dry side.

TIA

--
Wayne Boatwright Õ¿Õ¬
________________________________________

Okay, okay, I take it back! UnScrew you!

  #3 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 301
Default Chopping & Cooking & Cake


"L'Espérance" > wrote in message
...
>I was in the mood to cook yesterday. Here's what I made: cheesy
>cauliflower soup, creamed turkey casserole both to be enjoyed later. Dinner
>was: tossed salad greens with raspberry vinegiarette, grilled NY stip
>steaks, steamed potatoes, the most delectable steamed aspargus, and fresh
>baked 12 grain bread! On today's agenda: chili and my favourite white
>cake. The chopping for the chili is finished and I just put it onto the
>heat. The chili is for this weekend. I'm using the vanilla DH brought
>back from the Dominican in the cake. This is my number one favourite cake
>recipe. Not only is it easy, moist, and tasty, the results are always
>consistently never fail. It lends itself well to a variety of icings or
>fruit toppings. The cake topping will be based on the wonderful prepared
>coconut DH's caddy's wife made in the Dominican. I'm thinking something
>rich and creamy as a topping perhaps using fresh whipped cream sweetened
>with the coconut and lightly accented with the vanilla then topped with
>just a little toasted coconut.


I love making cakes, the more stress I'm under the more cakes I make! I'm
especially interested in the US 'white cake' as most recipes seem to include
a cake mix of some sort that is not available in the UK. The UK also seems
to have lots of 'creaming method' cakes, but not many that contain oil or
adding wet ingredients to dry.
I've successfully converted some favourite recipes, especially a chocolate
cake that called for rubbing in butter to dry ingredients, due to having a
four year old, and the ensuing mess, I now melt my butter and mix it with
the eggs and milk before adding to the dry.
Anyway, thats a very long winded way of saying recipe please!?
(I didn't want to just ask for it without you getting a bit of background as
to why and who would be making it!)
Thanks
Sarah


  #4 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 90
Default Chopping & Cooking & Cake

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> On Wed 01 Feb 2006 10:17:35a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it
> L'Espérance?
>
>
>>I was in the mood to cook yesterday. Here's what I made: cheesy
>>cauliflower soup, creamed turkey casserole both to be enjoyed later.
>>Dinner was: tossed salad greens with raspberry vinegiarette, grilled NY
>>stip steaks, steamed potatoes, the most delectable steamed aspargus, and
>>fresh baked 12 grain bread! On today's agenda: chili and my favourite
>>white cake. The chopping for the chili is finished and I just put it
>>onto the heat. The chili is for this weekend. I'm using the vanilla DH
>>brought back from the Dominican in the cake. This is my number one
>>favourite cake recipe. Not only is it easy, moist, and tasty, the
>>results are always consistently never fail. It lends itself well to a
>>variety of icings or fruit toppings. The cake topping will be based on
>>the wonderful prepared coconut DH's caddy's wife made in the Dominican.
>> I'm thinking something rich and creamy as a topping perhaps using
>>fresh whipped cream sweetened with the coconut and lightly accented with
>>the vanilla then topped with just a little toasted coconut.

>
>
> You've been busy! (as usual) You are a prolific cook.
>


This is a very busy weekend for us. We are leaving Fri am to help a
relative move so some of the food will be going there. We get back
Saturday night to have a housefull of company Sunday so I'm trying to
get whatever I can prepare ahead finished up. THEN I just got a call
regarding a death so I need to make some type of casserole to take to
the grieving family tonight. I'm not sure what yet but it will come to
me hopefully soon. DH will be here around fourish to pick it up. I
best toss a loaf of bread in too. I'll have to work in tomorrow's
visitation as well while I'm still trying to get the weekend settled. I
might need a bottle of wine or at the very least a couple of aspirin!

> Would you mind posting your white cake recipe? The recipe I usually use
> tends to be on the dry side.


No problem. I'll do it as soon as I get an extra moment or two.

>
> TIA
>

  #5 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,620
Default Chopping & Cooking & Cake

On Wed 01 Feb 2006 11:08:33a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it
L'Espérance?

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>
>> On Wed 01 Feb 2006 10:17:35a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it
>> L'Espérance?
>>
>>
>>>I was in the mood to cook yesterday. Here's what I made: cheesy
>>>cauliflower soup, creamed turkey casserole both to be enjoyed later.
>>>Dinner was: tossed salad greens with raspberry vinegiarette, grilled NY
>>>stip steaks, steamed potatoes, the most delectable steamed aspargus, and
>>>fresh baked 12 grain bread! On today's agenda: chili and my favourite
>>>white cake. The chopping for the chili is finished and I just put it
>>>onto the heat. The chili is for this weekend. I'm using the vanilla DH
>>>brought back from the Dominican in the cake. This is my number one
>>>favourite cake recipe. Not only is it easy, moist, and tasty, the
>>>results are always consistently never fail. It lends itself well to a
>>>variety of icings or fruit toppings. The cake topping will be based on
>>>the wonderful prepared coconut DH's caddy's wife made in the Dominican.
>>> I'm thinking something rich and creamy as a topping perhaps using
>>>fresh whipped cream sweetened with the coconut and lightly accented with
>>>the vanilla then topped with just a little toasted coconut.

>>
>>
>> You've been busy! (as usual) You are a prolific cook.
>>

>
> This is a very busy weekend for us. We are leaving Fri am to help a
> relative move so some of the food will be going there. We get back
> Saturday night to have a housefull of company Sunday so I'm trying to
> get whatever I can prepare ahead finished up. THEN I just got a call
> regarding a death so I need to make some type of casserole to take to
> the grieving family tonight. I'm not sure what yet but it will come to
> me hopefully soon. DH will be here around fourish to pick it up. I
> best toss a loaf of bread in too. I'll have to work in tomorrow's
> visitation as well while I'm still trying to get the weekend settled. I
> might need a bottle of wine or at the very least a couple of aspirin!


Whoa! Things just got a lot busier!

>> Would you mind posting your white cake recipe? The recipe I usually use
>> tends to be on the dry side.

>
> No problem. I'll do it as soon as I get an extra moment or two.


Whenever you have time, I will apreciate it.

Take time to breathe.:-)


--
Wayne Boatwright Õ¿Õ¬
________________________________________

Okay, okay, I take it back! UnScrew you!

Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chopping chocolate!!! John Kuthe[_3_] General Cooking 38 23-12-2015 08:47 PM
Chopping Herbs BBQ General Cooking 10 25-03-2015 12:34 PM
Chopping cranberries? Bookwyrm General Cooking 5 26-11-2008 06:05 PM
Chopping Parsley [email protected] General Cooking 60 30-08-2005 02:08 AM
Chopping Oregeo Bubba General Cooking 11 08-06-2005 09:55 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004-2024 FoodBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Food and drink"