Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Fruit: Mamey

Here are some pictures of the fruit, mamey. I watched a food network
program about a couple in Florida growing fruit and this was one of the many
they grew. Curious if anyone has ever tasted it.

http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...=1&sa=N&tab=wi

Thanks,
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dee Randall" > wrote in message
> Here are some pictures of the fruit, mamey. I watched a food

network
> program about a couple in Florida growing fruit and this was one of

the many
> they grew. Curious if anyone has ever tasted it.

http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...=1&sa=N&tab=wi

Yes, I have had it before. It's grown in Mexico and has been sold
locally here in So. CA for about 5 years. It's quite tasty but at
$3/lb. it's also quite expensive.

Best fruit James Silverton[_4_] General Cooking 63 07-03-2013 09:40 AM
Fruit Cake - "Fruit Cake.rtf" yEnc (1/1) sf[_9_] General Cooking 0 04-12-2009 10:19 PM
Four RECIPES: "Fruit Spreads" - use concentrated fruit juice for sweetener Melba's Jammin' Preserving 20 27-05-2006 12:51 AM
first fruit William R. Watt Preserving 1 01-08-2005 02:45 AM
Frozen Fruit versus fresh fruit [email protected] Baking 2 03-02-2005 09:38 PM