Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Beast Potroast

Clay roaster, appropriately soaked
3# boneless chuck roast, dusted with Penzeys Greek Seasoning
carrots
onion slices
celery
garlic slices
chopped parsley
bay leaf

Meat in roaster, everything else added. Covered and baked at about 300
degrees for something like 3-1/2 to 4 hours. Dee-vine. Pictures posted
to my webpage.
--
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 1-27-2006, The Best Dead Spread Yet
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> Clay roaster, appropriately soaked
> 3# boneless chuck roast, dusted with Penzeys Greek Seasoning
> carrots
> onion slices
> celery
> garlic slices
> chopped parsley
> bay leaf
>
> Meat in roaster, everything else added. Covered and baked at about 300
> degrees for something like 3-1/2 to 4 hours. Dee-vine. Pictures posted
> to my webpage.

great minds and all?
I just threw a chuck roast in my crock pot along with Penzeys Greek Seasoning
and this and that.
will divide it and bring it for my lunches.

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan" > wrote:
> What is the beast part?

> Michael

The beast part was the beef, although the carrots were pretty good,
too. Actually, the relishes were good, too -- cherry chipotle and a
sweet-hot pepper and onion thang.
--
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 1-27-2006, The Best Dead Spread Yet
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
> Melba's Jammin' > looking for trouble
> wrote in :
>
> > Clay roaster, appropriately soaked
> > 3# boneless chuck roast, dusted with Penzeys Greek Seasoning
> > carrots
> > onion slices
> > celery
> > garlic slices
> > chopped parsley
> > bay leaf
> >
> > Meat in roaster, everything else added. Covered and baked at about 300
> > degrees for something like 3-1/2 to 4 hours. Dee-vine. Pictures posted
> > to my webpage.

> Sounds loverly. I'll mosey over and take a peek in a sec. What is the
> beast part?
>
> Michael

("Beast" taken from the Grinch. I think it was the Whoville Christmas
celebration that had roast beast.)

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan" > wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' > looking for trouble
> wrote in :
>
> > In article >,
> > "Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan" > wrote:
> >> What is the beast part?

> >> Michael

> > The beast part was the beef, although the carrots were pretty good,
> > too. Actually, the relishes were good, too -- cherry chipotle and a
> > sweet-hot pepper and onion thang.

> I checked it out on your website. Dang that looks delicious. What kind of
> pot is the clay pot?
>
> Michael

SchemerSomething? I'll get back to you.
--
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 1-27-2006, The Best Dead Spread Yet

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In article >,
> "Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan" > wrote:
>

>>Melba's Jammin' > looking for trouble
>>wrote in :

>>> The beast part was the beef, although the carrots were pretty good,
>>>too. Actually, the relishes were good, too -- cherry chipotle and a
>>>sweet-hot pepper and onion thang.

>>I checked it out on your website. Dang that looks delicious. What kind of
>>pot is the clay pot?
>>
>>Michael

> SchemerSomething? I'll get back to you.

Afaik, it's a German thing. It's called a Römertopf. Maybe Schemer is a
brand. It is used roughly like a crockpot, but in the oven.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jake wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>
>> In article >,
>> "Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan" > wrote:
>>

>>> Melba's Jammin' > looking for
>>> trouble wrote in
>>> :

>>> I checked it out on your website. Dang that looks delicious. What
>>> kind of pot is the clay pot?
>>>
>>> Michael

>> SchemerSomething? I'll get back to you.

> Afaik, it's a German thing. It's called a Römertopf. Maybe Schemer is a
> brand. It is used roughly like a crockpot, but in the oven.

Wikipedia says it's also great for storing bread

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/R%C3%B6mertopf (beware, that's in German).
The English version of WIkiepdai doens't seem to know it.

A company does explain things in English and includes recipes:
http://www.roemertopf.de/english/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
> Melba's Jammin' writes:
> > Pictures posted to my webpage.

> Sounds loverly. I'll mosey over and take a peek in a sec.
> What is the beast part?

Now you tell me... darn, I was drooling to see Barb's breast.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Beast Potroast - follow up

In article >,
Melba's Jammin' > wrote:

> > I checked it out on your website. Dang that looks delicious. What kind of
> > pot is the clay pot?
> >
> > Michael

> SchemerSomething? I'll get back to you.

Schlemmer-topf.
http://www.cooking.com/products/shprodde.asp?SKU=185702

I'm loving it!
--
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 1-27-2006, The Best Dead Spread Yet
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Hey, Jake - I saw your comment on my eBoard site. Do you not have the
information and recipe booklet that came with your clay pot? Mine has
recipes - let me know if you're interested in them.
--
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 1-27-2006, The Best Dead Spread Yet

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan" > wrote:
(snippage)
> > Schlemmer-topf.
> > http://www.cooking.com/products/shprodde.asp?SKU=185702
> >
> > I'm loving it!

> Thanks. The website says it is in stock. Is soaking the lid the only prep
> you have to deal with? I really like it. I've been looking for something
> like it for awhile.
>
> Michael

Yup. First-time it's used you soak both top and bottom for a half hour
or something - follow the instructions in the leaflet. :-) I did.
After the first time they only state to soak the lid. I wet the bottom,
too. Inside of the bottom is glazed and a snap to clean -- mind,
everything inside is moist. Someone (maybe a review on the site)
complained about not getting the lid cleaned. Doesn't concern me; I
expect it to discolor over time and much use. I'm not there yet.
--
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 1-27-2006, The Best Dead Spread Yet
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article .com>,
"Sheldon" > wrote:

> Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
> > Melba's Jammin' writes:
> > > Pictures posted to my webpage.

> > Sounds loverly. I'll mosey over and take a peek in a sec.
> > What is the beast part?

> Now you tell me... darn, I was drooling to see Barb's breast.

Sheldon, the pic in the newspaper was a head shot, not a knee shot! "-)
--
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 1-27-2006, The Best Dead Spread Yet
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue 31 Jan 2006 07:06:52p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Michael
"Dog3" Lonergan?

> Melba's Jammin' > looking for
> trouble wrote in
> :

>>> SchemerSomething? I'll get back to you.

>> Schlemmer-topf.
>> http://www.cooking.com/products/shprodde.asp?SKU=185702
>>
>> I'm loving it!

> Thanks. The website says it is in stock. Is soaking the lid the only
> prep you have to deal with? I really like it. I've been looking for
> something like it for awhile.

I had one for a long time before my last move, when it broke. It does
wonderful things with meat.

> --
> "It requires a certain kind of mind to see beauty in a hamburger bun."
> _Ray Kroc, creator of the McDonald's franchise

It also takes a certain kind of mind to see beauty in a chicken gizzard.

--
Wayne Boatwright o¿o
____________________

BIOYA
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> Hey, Jake - I saw your comment on my eBoard site. Do you not have the
> information and recipe booklet that came with your clay pot?

Nope, I got is 2nd hand. I don't think it had ever been used by the
previous owner. It is a common fate for these pots.

Mine has
> recipes - let me know if you're interested in them.

I am interested, but I am also fine Googling. And I have so many things
planned to cook soon (on a wish list), that I'll be busy for months

So if you actually feel like putting effort into it, I'll be intersted
in reading the recipes. But if you'd rather spend your time doing
something else, please do enjoy whatever else you'd do