Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default USAians - Any Really Good Online Bacon Sources?

The DH and I have ordered bacon from several online sources in the
last couple of years, but can't find anything that knocks our socks
off. Anyone have a recommendation for breakfast bacon? Wouldn't hurt
if they also do excellent breakfast sausage (also wouldn't surprise if
it came from the same source, huh?).

TIA,

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

-- Duncan Hines

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 19:58:26 -0800, Terry Pulliam Burd
> wrote:

>The DH and I have ordered bacon from several online sources in the
>last couple of years, but can't find anything that knocks our socks
>off. Anyone have a recommendation for breakfast bacon? Wouldn't hurt
>if they also do excellent breakfast sausage (also wouldn't surprise if
>it came from the same source, huh?).
>
>TIA,
>
>Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
>AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

I don't, but it would be helpful if you gave us some names - saving
someone of posting a site you have tried.

jim

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Terry Pulliam Burd" > wrote in message
> The DH and I have ordered bacon from several online sources in the
> last couple of years, but can't find anything that knocks our socks
> off. Anyone have a recommendation for breakfast bacon? Wouldn't hurt
> if they also do excellent breakfast sausage (also wouldn't surprise if
> it came from the same source, huh?).

I ordered several types of bacon from gratefulpalate.com for my husband at
Christmas. Our favorite was Gatton Farms Dan Philips Secret Special Cure
Bacon; we also liked North Country Cob Smoked Bacon.

Would love to know what you've already tried.

Chris

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Terry Pulliam Burd" > wrote in message
> The DH and I have ordered bacon from several online sources in the
> last couple of years, but can't find anything that knocks our socks
> off. Anyone have a recommendation for breakfast bacon? Wouldn't hurt
> if they also do excellent breakfast sausage (also wouldn't surprise if
> it came from the same source, huh?).
>
> TIA,

The Grateful Palate has an amazing assortment of bacon. The ones I have
tried have been very good.

http://mgrsti5395q.seamlesstech.biz/...P/home_05.html

--
Peter Aitken

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Peter Aitken" > wrote in message
> "Terry Pulliam Burd" > wrote in message
> > The DH and I have ordered bacon from several online sources in the
> > last couple of years, but can't find anything that knocks our socks
> > off. Anyone have a recommendation for breakfast bacon? Wouldn't hurt
> > if they also do excellent breakfast sausage (also wouldn't surprise

if
> > it came from the same source, huh?).
> >
> > TIA,

> The Grateful Palate has an amazing assortment of bacon. The ones I

have
> tried have been very good.
>
> http://mgrsti5395q.seamlesstech.biz/...P/home_05.html

Enthusiastic second on the Grateful Palate. Wonderful selection,
excellent
descriptions and a fascinating collection of other things.

pavane

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Chris wrote:

> "Terry Pulliam Burd" > wrote in message
> > The DH and I have ordered bacon from several online sources in the
> > last couple of years, but can't find anything that knocks our socks
> > off. Anyone have a recommendation for breakfast bacon? Wouldn't hurt
> > if they also do excellent breakfast sausage (also wouldn't surprise
> > if it came from the same source, huh?).
> >

> I ordered several types of bacon from gratefulpalate.com for my
> husband at Christmas. Our favorite was Gatton Farms Dan Philips
> Secret Special Cure Bacon; we also liked North Country Cob Smoked
> Bacon.
>
> Would love to know what you've already tried.

America's Test Kitchen did a tasting of bacon, both store and premium
brands. Unfortunately you have register to read it AND the useful stuff
is a PDF.

http://americastestkitchen.com/tasti...d=99&iSeason=6

Brian

won't shut up.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Terry Pulliam Burd a écrit :

> The DH and I have ordered bacon from several online sources in the
> last couple of years, but can't find anything that knocks our socks
> off. Anyone have a recommendation for breakfast bacon? Wouldn't hurt
> if they also do excellent breakfast sausage (also wouldn't surprise if
> it came from the same source, huh?).

http://www.saslovesmeat.com/cgi-bin/...=EN;pid=2;a=dc

Not in USAia, but just next door, from deep inside one of USAia's most
important trading partners right to the north of youze. The slab bacon
is excellent, best I've ever eaten. I always buy it sliced for the
convenience and freeze it in groups of four slices. Many of their
sausages are excellent too. My stepson and my wife like the lamb
sausage (large), whereas I prefer the merguez.

I see by the online order account creation that they accept accounts
from the US, so you might just be in luck :-)

Also, your dollar's hyperinflated value means that the relative cost
will be less to you.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> America's Test Kitchen did a tasting of bacon, both store and premium
> brands. Unfortunately you have register to read it AND the useful stuff
> is a PDF.
>
> http://americastestkitchen.com/tasti...d=99&iSeason=6
>

> Brian

Thanks Brian, I saw that episode on TV, but I did register, it is easy.
Then there are some nice recipes, too regarding that episode which I was not
able to get just by viewing the program.
My appreciation,
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"pavane" > wrote > >
> > http://mgrsti5395q.seamlesstech.biz/...P/home_05.html
> >

> Enthusiastic second on the Grateful Palate. Wonderful selection,
> excellent
> descriptions and a fascinating collection of other things.
>
> pavane

Enthusiastic third on the Gratefulpalate. The cobb smoked bacon I got from
them is the best I have ever eaten.

Charlie

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 21:25:53 -0800, ensenadajim
> rummaged among random neurons and opined:

>I don't, but it would be helpful if you gave us some names - saving
>someone of posting a site you have tried.

You're right - I should have so noted. We ordered from Burger's
Smokehouse @ http://smokehouse.com/; from Dakin Farms @
http://www.dakinfarm.com/ ; Kunzler & Co. @ http://www.kunzler.com/;
and Harrington's of Vermont @ http://www.harringtonham.com/ . All were
Pretty good (Burger's) to okay to so-so.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

-- Duncan Hines