FoodBanter.com

-   -   Frozen Before Baking: Alter Recipe How? (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/80116-frozen-before-baking-alter.html)

[email protected] 30-01-2006 02:49 AM

Frozen Before Baking: Alter Recipe How?

Hi all,

I froze before baking some of the cinnamon rolls discussed in this
thread:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.f...9ec3a5b3dd0 9

How should I alter the cooking temperature or time to accomodate the
frozen rolls?

Thanks!

Evan

BTW, these rolls turned out fabulous!!!

sf[_1_] 30-01-2006 03:08 AM

On 29 Jan 2006 18:49:20 -0800, wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I froze before baking some of the cinnamon rolls discussed in this
> thread:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.f...9ec3a5b3dd0 9

> How should I alter the cooking temperature or time to accomodate the
> frozen rolls?

Usually people let them thaw first, then bake. There is also a
traditional second rising - but I guess you didn't allow for that.

[email protected] 30-01-2006 03:13 AM

Frozen Before Baking: Alter Recipe How?

I did do the second rising. They are big and fat!

sf[_1_] 30-01-2006 03:43 AM

On 29 Jan 2006 19:13:34 -0800, wrote:

> I did do the second rising. They are big and fat!

The second rising is usually *after* they thaw.
I'd just thaw them and bake as usual.