Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ria

Default crock pot recipes

Does anyone have any good crock pot recipes that aren't soup? I love
cooking with a crock pot but I don't really have any other recipes but
soup.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem

Ria wrote:
> Does anyone have any good crock pot recipes that aren't soup? I love
> cooking with a crock pot but I don't really have any other recipes but
> soup.

Do they have crock pots in Europe? Maybe you could get crockpot
recipes from Europe. -aem

Posted to rec.food.cooking
PickyJaz

Ria wrote:
> Does anyone have any good crock pot recipes that aren't soup? I love
> cooking with a crock pot but I don't really have any other recipes but
> soup.

When I first got my crockpot, and because the topic was not current
here, I just went to Google and typed in crockpot+recipes to find over
1500 onine places to look through. Each recipe I tried was at least
okay, to being extremely good. This link of same may work, otherwise
just use the plus sign to try and Google for it yourself:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=crockpot%2Brecipes

PickyPicks

Posted to rec.food.cooking
marg

I have just run across a website About.com and I get recipe suggestions
via e-mail. Got one today for crock pot bread pudding and it sounded
really good. Try this website, I've gotten some pretty good recipes
this way. Let me know what you think.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Hi Ria,

Awesome :-) I love my crockpot!

You can make chili or stews in them, or even roast beef - I would
suggest the Company's Coming Slow-Cooker book as well. Slow cooker
roast beef is so good - basically it's onions, beef broth, and a roast.
I usually use this combo for stews: potatoes, carrots, mushrooms,
onions, meat, green peppers and beef/chicken broth or canned tomatoes.

You can also convert non-crockpot recipes for the crockpot. The trick
is to learn how much water to use. We have a 2.5 qt crockpot and I
rarely add more than a cup of liquid to it. For example, I slow-cooked
a "gem" ham and cabbage together; there is slow-cooker lasanga,
although I haven't tried it; and if you feel up to it, you can make a
litres of cider or hot chocolate as well :-)

If you Google for recipes, you will definitely find lots :-)

HTH,
Christine

Posted to rec.food.cooking
jake

aem wrote:

> Ria wrote:
>
>>Does anyone have any good crock pot recipes that aren't soup? I love
>>cooking with a crock pot but I don't really have any other recipes but
>>soup.

> Do they have crock pots in Europe?

I've been looking into buying one. Ther are next ti impossible to find
in stores in Holland, as well as Germany. but I have a Dutch friend who
bought one in the UK. IN the end, I decided to give up. In a one person
household, I didn't find it worth all that effort to acquire it. i'll
just continue to do pot roasts etc on my stove top. But I still think
they are good invention.

Maybe you could get crockpot
> recipes from Europe. -aem

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ophelia

"jake" > wrote in message
. nl...
> aem wrote:
>
>> Ria wrote:
>>
>>>Does anyone have any good crock pot recipes that aren't soup? I love
>>>cooking with a crock pot but I don't really have any other recipes
>>>but
>>>soup.

>> Do they have crock pots in Europe?

> I've been looking into buying one. Ther are next ti impossible to find
> in stores in Holland, as well as Germany. but I have a Dutch friend
> who bought one in the UK. IN the end, I decided to give up. In a one
> person household, I didn't find it worth all that effort to acquire
> it. i'll just continue to do pot roasts etc on my stove top. But I
> still think they are good invention.

Here in UK they are available everywhere

Posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article .com>,
"Ria" > wrote:

> Does anyone have any good crock pot recipes that aren't soup? I love
> cooking with a crock pot but I don't really have any other recipes but
> soup.

Well, it's what a crock pot is most suited for. :-)

Stews and pot roasts work well also.

Take a quart of chicken stock, pour it in then dump in 1 cup of pearl
barley so it covers the bottom.

(in crock pots, I always "stack" it so the stuff that takes the longest
to cook is at the bottom)

Lay in a layer of sliced onions
a layer of 1" chunks of carrot
a layer of sliced or chunked potatoes

A large chunk of beef or well trimmed pork.

Top it with slivered garlic cloves, black pepper,
a bit of rosemary, thyme and basil, and 1 bay leaf.

Start on high until the liquid begins to simmer.

Turn it down to low and let cook for about 5 to 6 hours.

The meat will pretty much fall apart. :-)
You can remove the meat to a platter very carefully, then mix
up the veggies and barley to serve on the side.

Goes well with either corn bread or buttermilk buscuits.

You can also add chicken hindquarters or split breasts
in place of pork or beef.

Cheers!
--
Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
jake

>>>Do they have crock pots in Europe?

>>I've been looking into buying one. Ther are next ti impossible to find
>>in stores in Holland, as well as Germany. but I have a Dutch friend
>>who bought one in the UK. IN the end, I decided to give up. In a one
>>person household, I didn't find it worth all that effort to acquire
>>it. i'll just continue to do pot roasts etc on my stove top. But I
>>still think they are good invention.

> Here in UK they are available everywhere

I envy you!
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mr Libido Incognito

* Exported from MasterCook *

"One Pot" Dinner

Recipe By :n/a
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

1/2 pound ground beef - (to 1 lb)
3/4 pound bacon -- cut small pieces
1 cup chopped onion
2 cans pork and beans - (31 oz ea)
1 can kidney beans - (16 oz) -- drained
1 can butter limas - (16 oz) -- drained
1 cup ketchup
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon liquid smoke
3 tablespoons white vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
1 dash freshly-ground black pepper

Brown ground beef in skillet; drain off fat and put beef in crockpot.
Brown bacon and onions; drain off fat. Add bacon, onions and remaining
ingredients to crockpot. Stir together well.
Cover and cook on LOW 4 to 9 hours.
This recipe yields ?? servings.

Source:
"Southern U.S. Cuisine (crockpot collection) at
http://southernfood.about.com"
S(Formatted for MC5):
"10-13-1999 by Joe Comiskey - "

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 2414 Calories; 168g Fat (62.5%
calories from fat); 109g Protein; 119g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber;
289mg Cholesterol; 10431mg Sodium. Exchanges: 14 Lean Meat; 2 1/2
Vegetable; 24 Fat; 7 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : Recipe originally from a Rival cookbook

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

--
The eyes are the mirrors....
But the ears...Ah the ears.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mr Libido Incognito

* Exported from MasterCook *

All Day Crock Pot Delight

Recipe By :n/a
Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

2 pounds boneless chuck - (to 3 lbs) -- cut 1" cubes
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup butter
1 onion -- sliced
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 garlic clove -- minced
2 cup beer
1/4 cup flour

Coat beef cubes with the 1/2 cup flour. Brown in melted butter. Drain
off excess fat.
In crock pot, combine browned meat with onion, salt, pepper, garlic and
beer. Cover and cook on LOW 5 to 7 hours (all day) until meat is tender.
Turn control to HIGH. Dissolve remaining 1/4 cup flour in small amount
of
water. Stir into meat mixture, cook on high 30 to 40 minutes. Serve
with
rice and a salad.
This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.

Source:
"Southern U.S. Cuisine (crockpot collection) at
http://southernfood.about.com"
S(Formatted for MC5):
"08-04-1999 by Joe Comiskey - "

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 247 Calories; 12g Fat (48.4%
calories from fat); 3g Protein; 25g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 31mg
Cholesterol; 657mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Vegetable; 2
1/2 Fat.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

--
The eyes are the mirrors....
But the ears...Ah the ears.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mr Libido Incognito

* Exported from MasterCook *

Apple And Brown Sugar Corned Beef

Recipe By :n/a
Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

1 corned beef brisket
1 quart apple juice
1 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon prepared mustard
8 small red potatoes
2 medium carrots -- pared, and
cut into chunks
1 onion -- peeled, and
cut into eighths
1/2 cabbage head -- cut into chunks

Place all ingredients in a large crock pot (cut meat in half if
necessary); stir to mix. Cook on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours or on LOW for 8
10 hours.
Remove meat and vegetables and some of the cooking liquid. Slice meat
thinly across the grain. Serve with vegetables and some of the liquid.
This recipe yields 6 servings.

Source:
"Southern U.S. Cuisine (crockpot collection) at
http://southernfood.about.com"
S(Formatted for MC5):
"08-04-1999 by Joe Comiskey - "

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 295 Calories; 1g Fat (4.0%
calories
from fat); 5g Protein; 69g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 3mg
Cholesterol; 80mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1 1/2
Vegetable; 1 Fruit; 0 Fat; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

--
The eyes are the mirrors....
But the ears...Ah the ears.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mr Libido Incognito

* Exported from MasterCook *

Bacon-Cheese Dip

Recipe By :n/a
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

16 slices bacon -- diced, fried,
and drained
2 packages cream cheese - (8 oz ea) -- softened, cubed
4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup half-and-half
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon dried minced onion
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 dash hot sauce

Put all ingredients in the crock pot and cook on LOW, stirring
occasionally until cheese melts, about 1 hour. Taste and adjust
seasonings, add bacon, and keep on low to serve.
Serve with cubed or sliced French bread.
This recipe yields ?? servings.

Source:
"Southern U.S. Cuisine (crockpot collection) at
http://southernfood.about.com"
S(Formatted for MC5):
"08-08-1999 by Joe Comiskey - "

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 2414 Calories; 200g Fat (74.7%
calories from fat); 144g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber;
560mg Cholesterol; 5600mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 20 1/2
Lean
Meat; 0 Vegetable; 27 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

--
The eyes are the mirrors....
But the ears...Ah the ears.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mr Libido Incognito

* Exported from MasterCook *

Barbecued Spareribs California Style

Recipe By :n/a
Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

5 pounds spareribs -- cut 2-rib pieces
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
1/2 cup ketchup
2 garlic cloves -- minced
1 dash hot pepper sauce -- or
1 dash liquid smoke flavoring

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Arrange ribs on rack in baking pan. Brown
in oven for 15 minutes on each side. Drain and put in slow cooker.
Combine remaining ingredients and pour over ribs. Cover and cook on LOW
for 6 to 10 hours or on HIGH 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
This recipe yields 4 servings.

Source:
"Downloaded from WWW"
S(Formatted for MC5):
"08-03-1999 by Joe Comiskey - "

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 1061 Calories; 83g Fat (71.2%
calories from fat); 61g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber;
274mg Cholesterol; 685mg Sodium. Exchanges: 8 1/2 Lean Meat; 0
Vegetable;
12 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

--
The eyes are the mirrors....
But the ears...Ah the ears.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mr Libido Incognito

* Exported from MasterCook *

Caramel-Apple Nachos

Recipe By :n/a
Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

2/3 cup brown sugar - (packed)
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 1/2 cups apple juice or apple cider
2 pounds cooking apples -- peeled, cored, and
cut into 1/2" thick slices - (6 cups)
1 tablespoon margarine or butter -- cut up
1 carton vanilla yogurt - (8 oz)
1/4 cup chopped -- toasted pecans
=== CINNAMON TORTILLA CRISPS ===
4 teaspoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 flour tortillas - (7" to 8" dia)

In a 3 1/2- or 4-quart crockery cooker, stir together brown sugar,
granulated sugar, tapioca and cinnamon. Stir in apple juice. Add apple
slices and margarine; stir to mix.
Cover; cook on LOW-heat setting 6 to 7 hours or HIGH-heat setting 3 to 3
1/2 hours.
To serve, divide apples and syrup among 8 dessert dishes. Top each
serving with vanilla yogurt and pecans. Serve with Cinnamon Tortilla
Crisps.
For the Cinnamon Tortilla Crisps: In a bowl, combine granulated sugar
and
ground cinnamon. Cut the flour tortillas into 8 wedges each. (Or, cut 3
(6-inch) corn tortillas into 6 wedges each.) Lightly spray wedges with
nonstick vegetable oil coating. Place wedges in a single layer on an
ungreased baking sheet. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven about 12
minutes or until crisp. (Or, bake corn tortillas about 8 minutes.)
This recipe yields 8 servings.
Comments: Nachos get a sugar-and-spice twist. The apple mixture is
served with cinnamon-spiced tortilla crisps. Top it all off with vanilla
yogurt and toasted pecans -- yum."

Source:
"Susan Wolfe on the www.eclix.net Food BB"
S(Formatted for MC5):
"11-30-1999 by Joe Comiskey - "

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 34 Calories; trace Fat (0.4%
calories from fat); trace Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber;
0mg Cholesterol; trace Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Fat; 1/2
Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : Recipe originally from "Better Homes and Gardens New
Flavors From Your Crockery Cooker"

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

--
The eyes are the mirrors....
But the ears...Ah the ears.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mr Libido Incognito

* Exported from MasterCook *

Cola Beef Roast

Recipe By :n/a
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
1/2 tteaspoon garlic powder
4 pounds bottom round roast - (to 5 lbs)
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups cola flavored soda
1 can chili sauce - (12 oz)
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons hot sauce

Combine salt, pepper and garlic powder; rub over surface of roast. Brown
roast on all sides in vegetable oil in heavy pan or Dutch oven. Drain
off
drippings. Combine remaining ingredients and pour over roast. (Can be
done in crock pot at this point, about 8 to 10 hours on LOW or 4 to 5 on
HIGH.) Cover and bake in 325 degree oven for 3 hours or until tender.
This recipe yields ?? servings.

Source:
"Southern U.S. Cuisine (crockpot collection) at
http://southernfood.about.com"
S(Formatted for MC5):
"08-04-1999 by Joe Comiskey - "

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 388 Calories; 41g Fat (93.3%
calories from fat); 1g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 0mg
Cholesterol; 3172mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Vegetable; 8 Fat; 1/2 Other
Carbohydrates.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

--
The eyes are the mirrors....
But the ears...Ah the ears.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mr Libido Incognito

* Exported from MasterCook *

Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff 1

Recipe By :n/a
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Beef Main Dish

1 1/2 pounds round steak
4 tablespoons margarine
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 teaspoon paprika
1 cup onion -- chopped
1/2 cup water
1 cup sour cream
Salt -- to taste
Freshly-ground black pepper -- to taste

Cube round steak. Put steak in crock pot with remaining ingredients.
Salt and pepper to taste. Cook on HIGH 1 hour then on LOW for 4 to 6
hours.

Serve with noodles, rice or mashed potatoes.

This recipe yields ?? servings.

Source:
"Southern U.S. Cuisine (crockpot collection) at
http://southernfood.about.com"
S(Formatted for MC5):
"08-07-1999 by Joe Comiskey - "
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 2524 Calories; 194g Fat (69.8%
calories from fat); 145g Protein; 44g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber;
510mg Cholesterol; 3068mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 18 1/2
Lean
Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Non-Fat Milk; 27 1/2 Fat.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

--
The eyes are the mirrors....
But the ears...Ah the ears.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mr Libido Incognito

* Exported from MasterCook *

Crock Pot Chicken Tortillas

Recipe By :n/a
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Meat from 1 whole chicken or
canned chicken or parts
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup green chili salsa
2 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
1 medium onion -- chopped
1 1/2 cup grated cheese
1 dozen corn tortillas
Black olives -- sliced

Tear chicken into bite-size pieces, mix with soup, chili, salsa and
tapioca. Line bottom of crock pot with 3 corn tortillas, torn into
bite-size pieces. Add 1/3 of the chicken mixture. Sprinkle with 1/3 of
the onion and 1/3 of the grated cheese. Repeat layers of tortillas
topped
with chicken mixture, onions and cheese.
Cover and cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours or HIGH for 3 hours. Garnish with
sliced black olives.
This recipe yields ?? servings.

Source:
"Southern U.S. Cuisine (crockpot collection) at
http://southernfood.about.com"
S(Formatted for MC5):
"09-28-1999 by Joe Comiskey - "

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 1510 Calories; 71g Fat (41.7%
calories from fat); 64g Protein; 161g Carbohydrate; 18g Dietary Fiber;
188mg Cholesterol; 2528mg Sodium. Exchanges: 10 Grain(Starch); 6 Lean
Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 10 Fat.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

--
The eyes are the mirrors....
But the ears...Ah the ears.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mr Libido Incognito

* Exported from MasterCook *

Crock Pot Lemon Chicken

Recipe By :n/a
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

1 chicken -- cut in pieces
1/4 cup flour
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 tablespoons oil
1 can lemonade - (6 oz) -- thawed, undiluted
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon vinegar
1/4 cup catsup

Combine flour and salt and coat chicken. Brown on all sides in hot oil.
Put in crock pot. Stir lemonade concentrate, brown sugar, vinegar and
catsup. Mix well. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on HIGH 3 to 4
hours or LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
This recipe yields ?? servings.

Source:
"Southern U.S. Cuisine (crockpot collection) at
http://southernfood.about.com"
S(Formatted for MC5):
"09-28-1999 by Joe Comiskey - "

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 3736 Calories; 261g Fat (64.0%
calories from fat); 262g Protein; 69g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber;
1358mg Cholesterol; 4962mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 36
Lean Meat; 29 1/2 Fat; 3 Other Carbohydrates.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

--
The eyes are the mirrors....
But the ears...Ah the ears.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mr Libido Incognito

* Exported from MasterCook *

Crock Pot Reuben Casserole

Recipe By :n/a
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

1 package noodles - (8 oz) -- cooked
1 can corned beef
3 1/2 cup sauerkraut
6 slices American cheese
16 ounces sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup - (10 1/4 oz)
6 slices Swiss cheese

In a buttered 4-quart crock pot, layer half the noodles, half the meat,
all the sauerkraut, all the American cheese. Mix the sour cream and the
chicken soup together and layer half of the soup mixture. Repeat
layering
the rest of the noodles, meat, soup mixture and then lastly the Swiss
cheese.
Cook on HIGH for 2 hours, so that it bubbles well. Turn down to LOW for
1
or 2 hours. It helps to stir before serving, to mix the layers together
some.
This recipe yields ?? servings.

Source:
"Southern U.S. Cuisine (crockpot collection) at
http://southernfood.about.com"
S(Formatted for MC5):
"08-07-1999 by Joe Comiskey - "

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 6231 Calories; 495g Fat (71.0%
calories from fat); 365g Protein; 88g Carbohydrate; 21g Dietary Fiber;
1465mg Cholesterol; 17166mg Sodium. Exchanges: 45 Lean Meat; 6 1/2
Vegetable; 1 1/2 Non-Fat Milk; 69 Fat.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

--
The eyes are the mirrors....
But the ears...Ah the ears.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mr Libido Incognito

* Exported from MasterCook *

Easy Crock Pot Spaghetti Sauce

Recipe By :n/a
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

1 pound hamburger
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
1 cup chopped celery
1 garlic clove -- minced
1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
1 can stewed tomatoes
1 can tomato paste
1 large can tomato sauce
1 large can water
1 package spaghetti sauce seasoning

Brown hamburger with onion, bell pepper and garlic. Drain well and put
into crockpot with all other ingredients. Set crockpot on HIGH until
sauce comes to a boil and then turn it to LOW and simmer for 6 hours.
Serve hot over favorite noodles and goes well with garlic bread, and a
fresh salad.
This recipe yields ?? servings.

Source:
"Southern U.S. Cuisine (crockpot collection) at
http://southernfood.about.com"
S(Formatted for MC5):
"10-13-1999 by Joe Comiskey - "

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 1691 Calories; 61g Fat (31.4%
calories from fat); 75g Protein; 226g Carbohydrate; 15g Dietary Fiber;
177mg Cholesterol; 4695mg Sodium. Exchanges: 10 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2
Lean
Meat; 13 1/2 Vegetable; 9 Fat.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

--
The eyes are the mirrors....
But the ears...Ah the ears.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mr Libido Incognito

* Exported from MasterCook *

Frozen Bread Loaves - Crockpot

Recipe By :n/a
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Frozen bread loaf
Butter, margarine, oil, etc.

Use slow cooker to thaw, raise, and bake bread. It gives it a
beautifully
brown crusty round loaf.
Generously grease frozen bread loaf. Place in completely greased baking
pan. Place pan in pot, cover and heat on LOW for 2 to 3 hours or until
bread is thawed and starting to rise. Turn to HIGH and bake 2 to 3 hours
or until it is brown and tests done.

Source:
"Southern U.S. Cuisine (crockpot collection) at
http://southernfood.about.com"
S(Formatted for MC5):
"08-03-1999 by Joe Comiskey - "

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 0 Calories; 0g Fat (0.0% calories
from fat); 0g Protein; 0g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 0mg
Cholesterol;
0mg Sodium. Exchanges: .

NOTES : Recipe originally from "Women's Home Cooking Slow Pot
Cookery".

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0

--
The eyes are the mirrors....
But the ears...Ah the ears.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mr Libido Incognito

crockpot tip...use a oven roating bag as a liner...makes for easy clean ups

--
The eyes are the mirrors....
But the ears...Ah the ears.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mr Libido Incognito

* Exported from MasterCook *

Hot Caramel Apples

Recipe By :n/a
Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

4 large tart apples -- cored
1/2 cup apple juice
8 tablespoons brown sugar
12 red-hot candies
4 tablespoons butter or margarine
8 caramels
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Whipped cream -- (optional)

Peel about 3/4 inch off the top of each apple; place in a slow cooker.
Pour juice over apples. Fill the center of each apple with 2 tablespoons
sugar, 3 red-hots, 1 tablespoon butter and 2 caramels. Sprinkle with
cinnamon.
Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours or until the apples are tender.
Serve immediately with whipped cream, if desired.
This recipe yields 4 servings.

Source:
"Waldine Van Geffen on www.prodigy.net Food BB"
S(Formatted for MC5):
"10-26-1999 by Joe Comiskey - "

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 247 Calories; 12g Fat (41.0%
calories from fat); 1g Protein; 37g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 31mg
Cholesterol; 128mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1 Fruit; 2 1/2
Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : Recipe originally from "Quick Cooking"

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

--
The eyes are the mirrors....
But the ears...Ah the ears.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mr Libido Incognito

* Exported from MasterCook *

Inside-Out Cheeseburger Meatloaf

Recipe By :n/a
Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

=== MEATLOAF ===
1 pound lean ground beef (ground round)
1/2 pound mild bulk breakfast sausage
1 egg -- slightly beaten
1 package dry mushroom or onion gravy mix -- (1 1/4 oz)
1 tablespoon dry minced onion -- or use fresh
1/2 cup oatmeal
2 tablespoons ketchup
1/4 cup low fat evaporated milk
Freshly-ground black pepper -- to taste
=== FILLING ===
mustard -- as needed
ketchup -- as needed
6 hamburger dill pickle slices - (to 8)
5 thin tomato slices - (to 6) -- (reserve
additional slices for serving)
4 slices American cheese - (to 8)

Combine meatloaf ingredients, mixing gently until thoroughly mixed. Take
half of the meatloaf mixture and make a ball. On a piece of aluminum
foil, flatten to about 7 to 8 inches. Drizzle with mustard and ketchup
within 3/4-inch of edges. Top with dill pickle slices. Top pickle
slices
with halved tomato slices. Top with 4 cheese slices.
Make a ball of the remaining meatloaf mixture and flatten it on a
separate
piece of aluminum foil to roughly the same diameter. Place it atop the
first meat-stuffing round, sealing edges with your fingers.
Prepare the crockpot by lining with folded aluminum foil strips about 18
to 24 inches in length. (These are the handles to help in lifting
meatloaf from the pot.).
Put a small rack in the lined pot, if you have one that fits. Invert the
prepared meatloaf onto your hand and place gently into the crockpot.
Fold
the aluminum foil over it. Cover and cook for 6 to 8 hours on LOW.
Remove to a platter and cut in wedges. Serve with fries and a salad.
This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.

Source:
"Southern U.S. Cuisine (crockpot collection) at
http://southernfood.about.com"
S(Formatted for MC5):
"12-10-1999 by Joe Comiskey - "

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 42 Calories; 1g Fat (24.7%
calories
from fat); 2g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 31mg
Cholesterol; 69mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0
Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : This recipe is a Southern U.S. Cuisine original - Diana
Rattray.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

--
The eyes are the mirrors....
But the ears...Ah the ears.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mr Libido Incognito

* Exported from MasterCook *

Knockwurst And Cabbage

Recipe By :n/a
Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

6 knockwurst links
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 onion -- thinly sliced
1 teaspoon caraway seeds
1 small cabbage head -- shredded
2 cups chicken bouillon

Cut knockwurst into 2-inch chunks. In crock-pot arrange alternate layers
of meat with onions and cabbage. Sprinkle with salt and caraway seeds.
Pour bouillon over all. Cover and cook on LOW 5 to 6 hours or until
cabbage is tender.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
Comments: If a more chewy texture in the knockwurst is preferred, add
the
meat during the last hour of cooking.

Source:
"Southern U.S. Cuisine (crockpot collection) at
http://southernfood.about.com"
S(Formatted for MC5):
"09-11-1999 by Joe Comiskey - "

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 53 Calories; 1g Fat (12.6%
calories
from fat); 3g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 0mg
Cholesterol; 700mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Vegetable; 0 Fat.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0

--
The eyes are the mirrors....
But the ears...Ah the ears.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mr Libido Incognito

* Exported from MasterCook *

Maple Baked Beans

Recipe By :n/a
Serving Size : 15 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

5 cans pork 'n' beans -- (14 oz ea)
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/3 cup maple syrup
2 teaspoon dry mustard
6 slices bacon -- cooked, crumbled

Combine all ingredients in crock. Cover and cook on:
= 1 (Low) for 6 to 8 hours.
= Auto Shift™ hours.
= 2 (High) 3 to 4 hours.
Makes 15 servings.

Source:
"Hamilton Beach"
S(Formatted for MC5):
"08-03-1999 by Joe Comiskey - "
Copyright:
"1996-1997 Hamilton Beach/Proctor-Silex, Inc."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 35 Calories; 1g Fat (33.7%
calories
from fat); 1g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 2mg
Cholesterol; 41mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0
Vegetable; 0 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : Double all ingredients to cook in a 6-quart crock.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0

--
The eyes are the mirrors....
But the ears...Ah the ears.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dee Randall

"jake" > wrote in message
. nl...

>>>I've been looking into buying one. Ther are next ti impossible to find in
>>>stores in Holland, as well as Germany. but I have a Dutch friend who
>>>bought one in the UK. IN the end, I decided to give up. In a one person
>>>household, I didn't find it worth all that effort to acquire it. i'll
>>>just continue to do pot roasts etc on my stove top. But I still think
>>>they are good invention.

>> Here in UK they are available everywhere

> I envy you!

Perhaps you can create one of your own. Others might add to or change my
suggestion: If you have a heavy, heavy dutch cast-iron pot, with a tight
lid (they usually have spikes in the lid which helps to drop the water back
into the pot), get a separate burner (I don't know why that's essential, but
just in my mind) and put it on one speed (lowest) for hours and hours; you
might even add one of the asbestos-type thingies to put on top of your
burner to make the heat more consistent. You could even further insulate it
by wrapping a few layers of aluminum around it. I like to put my separate
burner outside for cooking.
Then you could make a haphazard decision if you would really like one; and
maybe someone from the UK might mail you one, or gift you with one of their
old ones.
Another thought, there might be one on ebay in the Netherlands? don't know.
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Tara

I like cook chicken in my crock pot and freeze it for later use.
When chicken thighs or quarters are on sale, I stock up. Then I
season the chicken -- usually salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder or
Lawrey's seasoning salt -- and place it all in the crock pot. I cook
it all day on low. Then I pull the chicken off the bone and freeze it
in roughly one pound increments to use another day for casseroles,
enchiladas, soup, creamed chicken etc.

Tara
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 23:54:40 GMT, in rec.food.cooking, Mr Libido Incognito
wrote:

>* Exported from MasterCook *
>
> Apple And Brown Sugar Corned Beef
>
>Recipe By :n/a
>Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:00
>Categories :

>-------- ------------ --------------------------------
> 1 corned beef brisket

Corned beef brisket is probably not available where he is.
Doug
--
Doug Weller --
Doug & Helen's Dogs http://www.dougandhelen.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 27 Jan 2006 12:21:35 -0800, "aem" > wrote:

>Ria wrote:
>> Does anyone have any good crock pot recipes that aren't soup? I love
>> cooking with a crock pot but I don't really have any other recipes but
>> soup.

>Do they have crock pots in Europe? Maybe you could get crockpot
>recipes from Europe. -aem

Looked everywhere in Germany, never seen one.

fkoe
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> Perhaps you can create one of your own. Others might add to or change my
> suggestion: If you have a heavy, heavy dutch cast-iron pot, with a tight
> lid (they usually have spikes in the lid which helps to drop the water back
> into the pot), get a separate burner (I don't know why that's essential, but
> just in my mind) and put it on one speed (lowest) for hours and hours; you
> might even add one of the asbestos-type thingies to put on top of your
> burner to make the heat more consistent. You could even further insulate it
> by wrapping a few layers of aluminum around it. I like to put my separate
> burner outside for cooking.
> Then you could make a haphazard decision if you would really like one; and
> maybe someone from the UK might mail you one, or gift you with one of their
> old ones.
> Another thought, there might be one on ebay in the Netherlands? don't know.
> Dee Dee

I have a cast iron Creuset-style pot that I could use for this, so thank
you for this explanation. Do you know whether this method would lead to
different results than straightforward stewing in tat same pot, using a
thingie underneath to reduce the heat from the flame?

IME, using that thingie plus a very small flame is just right for
keeping the temperature at/just below simmering. I do need to keep an
eye on it, though. And I wouldn't want to leave the pot unattended for
many hours like I would dare with a crockpot.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I'm going to have to try this one. :-)
I hate turning on my oven, but do like meatloaf!

I'll have to get a new crockpot. I gave mine away.....

Crock pot recipes Jay General Cooking 9 03-10-2008 10:37 PM
Crock Pot Recipes ? TODD TAMANEND CLARK Mexican Cooking 22 11-11-2005 11:21 PM
Crock Pot Recipes ? TODD TAMANEND CLARK General Cooking 23 11-11-2005 11:21 PM
Low Carb Crock Pot Recipes Kat Newsgroups General Cooking 12 14-03-2005 09:41 PM
summer crock pot recipes??? SPOONS General Cooking 4 11-06-2004 02:32 AM