FoodBanter.com

-   -   barbeque (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/79675-barbeque.html)

Angela 23-01-2006 09:31 PM

barbeque

I decided to start a barbeque forum that will focus only on barbeque
questions and recipes.
I thought it would be nice to post a picture of the results next to the
recipe itself, and I hope it wont have any spam.
I'd appreciate it if you could take a look and tell me what you think.

Best of wishes and leave some place for desert ;-) ,
Phillip.

--
Phillip
www.bbqforums.net

Angela 23-01-2006 09:33 PM

barbeque

Sorry about the Angela thing - posted it from my wife's computer...
This is so me... :~)

--
Phillip
www.bbqforums.net

BOB 23-01-2006 10:00 PM

barbeque

Angela wrote:
> I decided to start a barbeque forum that will focus only on barbeque
> questions and recipes.
> I thought it would be nice to post a picture of the results next to
> the
> recipe itself, and I hope it wont have any spam.
> I'd appreciate it if you could take a look and tell me what you
> think.
>
> Best of wishes and leave some place for desert ;-) ,
> Phillip.
>
> --
> Phillip
> www.***.net

cross postings deleted and sent to individual groups to avoid
cross-contamination

There are already several *VERY GOOD* Barbecue forums in existance.
Ray Basso's BBQ forum comes to mind immediately, as does the virtual
Weber forum. There are also many that are dedicated to individual
brands of grills/smokers. The three that I actively use *do* have the
picture posting capibilities.
Why try to re-invent the wheel?

BOB

--
Raw Meat Should NOT Have An Ingredients List

--
Raw Meat Should NOT Have An Ingredients List

nancree 23-01-2006 11:47 PM

barbeque

Angela
Please see "alt.food.barbecue", among other barbecue sites already up
and going.

Regards,
Nancree

Reg 24-01-2006 12:01 AM

barbeque

nancree wrote:

> Angela
> Please see "alt.food.barbecue", among other barbecue sites already up
> and going.
>
> Regards,
> Nancree

This thread was already crossposted to afb. And try not to
call him Angela. He hates that.

BOB 24-01-2006 12:11 AM

barbeque

nancree wrote:
> Angela
> Please see "alt.food.barbecue", among other barbecue sites already
> up
> and going.
>
> Regards,
> Nancree

It would help if you'd include a little of what you are referring to
in your response...

Also, did you happen to notice that there were four groups, including
alt.food.barbecue, that the original post was crossposted to?

BOB

--
Raw Meat Should NOT Have An Ingredients List

Indo Ruwet 24-01-2006 02:34 PM

barbeque

I am amazed how many people still confuse True BBQ and Grilling.
I guess 90 percent Grill and the rest do a true BBQ.
If I am short on time, I grill (90 percent of the time).

Angela 24-01-2006 03:36 PM

barbeque

Hi Nancree,
Truth to say I was not aware of the other bbq forums.
Still, I hope that my forum will be attractive and will supply with good bbq
information.
There are already some nicve posts there.

p.s.
Angela is my wife, my name is Phillip :-)

--
Phillip
www.bbqforums.net
oups.com...

Angela 24-01-2006 03:37 PM

barbeque

> Also, did you happen to notice that there were four groups, including
> alt.food.barbecue, that the original post was crossposted to?
>
> BOB

sorry about the cross posting, that was my mistake (knew I should leave it
to my wife... )

Angela 24-01-2006 03:40 PM

barbeque

"Indo Ruwet" > wrote in message
>I am amazed how many people still confuse True BBQ and Grilling.
> I guess 90 percent Grill and the rest do a true BBQ.
> If I am short on time, I grill (90 percent of the time).

Hi Indo,
I do understand the difference between bbq and grill, and truth to say, it's
a good idea to have a post in my forum explaining the difference :-)

Dave Bugg 25-01-2006 03:26 AM

barbeque

Angela wrote:

> Hi Indo,
> I do understand the difference between bbq and grill, and truth to
> say, it's a good idea to have a post in my forum explaining the
> difference :-)

This is the best single online source for 'Q info.
http://www.eaglequest.com/~bbq/faq2/toc.html

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

LewZephyr 27-01-2006 07:37 PM

barbeque

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 19:26:23 -0800, I needed a babel fish to
understand "Dave Bugg" > :

>Angela wrote:
>
>> Hi Indo,
>> I do understand the difference between bbq and grill, and truth to
>> say, it's a good idea to have a post in my forum explaining the
>> difference :-)

>This is the best single online source for 'Q info.
>http://www.eaglequest.com/~bbq/faq2/toc.html

Ill have to agree, and give a double thumbs up..
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is
indistinguishable from magic."
- Arthur C. Clarke

Roughrider50 06-02-2006 06:48 PM

barbeque

"Angela" > wrote in message
>I decided to start a barbeque forum that will focus only on barbeque
>questions and recipes.
> I thought it would be nice to post a picture of the results next to the
> recipe itself, and I hope it wont have any spam.
> I'd appreciate it if you could take a look and tell me what you think.
>
> Best of wishes and leave some place for desert ;-) ,
> Phillip.
>
> --
> Phillip
> www.bbqforums.net

Great idea. I usually cook outside at least 6 months out of the year & am
always on the lookout for new ideas. BTW is the topic "Vagies" for people
like Ed Gehn? :o)

--
If carrots are so good for the eyes, how come I see so many dead rabbits
on the highway