Posted to rec.food.cooking
Charles Gifford

Default SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA COOK-IN

This year we are going to have a combined Orange County/San Diego Cook-In. I
want to give those of you who require a heads-up time to set aside the date!
It will be the Traditional Sandy Eggo Date: Saturday June 10th.

Our host this year will be the most wonderful and excellent Terry Pulliam
Burd and her very nice and fun husband Bill. It will take place in Laguna
Niguel just a short drive from either Los Angeles or San Diego. I will be
acting as the communications and contact person for this cook-in. Feel free
to email me at any time about this SoCal RFC Event of the year!

I will post reminders as we get closer to the date. There will also be my
usual email bombardment.

Charlie

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Christine Dabney

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 02:03:45 GMT, "Charles Gifford"
> wrote:

>This year we are going to have a combined Orange County/San Diego Cook-In. I
>want to give those of you who require a heads-up time to set aside the date!
>It will be the Traditional Sandy Eggo Date: Saturday June 10th.
>
>Our host this year will be the most wonderful and excellent Terry Pulliam
>Burd and her very nice and fun husband Bill. It will take place in Laguna
>Niguel just a short drive from either Los Angeles or San Diego. I will be
>acting as the communications and contact person for this cook-in. Feel free
>to email me at any time about this SoCal RFC Event of the year!
>
>I will post reminders as we get closer to the date. There will also be my
>usual email bombardment.
>
>Charlie

I just marked it on my calendar.

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Goomba38

Charles Gifford wrote:
> This year we are going to have a combined Orange County/San Diego Cook-In. I
> want to give those of you who require a heads-up time to set aside the date!
> It will be the Traditional Sandy Eggo Date: Saturday June 10th.

Oh darn!! I'll be in Anaheim towards the end of May. I would have loved
to attend one of these famous southern california shindigs. <pout>
Goomba
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jason Tinling

Yay!

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Charles Gifford

"Christine Dabney" > wrote >
> I just marked it on my calendar.
>
> Christine

Eggsellent Christine! It has been too long since I've eaten your
cooki.....er, that is since I have seen you! <smile>

Charlie

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Christine Dabney

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 00:37:03 GMT, "Charles Gifford"
> wrote:

>"Christine Dabney" > wrote >
>> I just marked it on my calendar.
>>
>> Christine

>Eggsellent Christine! It has been too long since I've eaten your
>cooki.....er, that is since I have seen you! <smile>
>
>Charlie

Nice try, Charlie..LOL

I get down there off and on. I still have my cabin in Idyllwild, and
I found the backroads down to Sandy Eggo....

Even if I am on assignment, I will manage to get the week/weekend off.
I will drive over from NM...

I think the Southern CA cook-ins are the BEST!!!!

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Charles Gifford

"Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" > wrote

> We are *supposed* to have a family reunion in Sandy Eggo the end of June.
> Providing my FBI/CIA cousin isn't deployed to Columbia to infiltrate drug
> dealers hide outs. I can manipulate the date a bit. I would love to
> attend one too. I missed the cook-in in Hermann MO a few years back and I
> wish there would be another in this neck of the woods. I would do one but
> my kitchen is nasty.
>
> Michael

You would be very welcome Michael! I can guarantee that you will have a good
time. Drinking and grilling on the balcony overlooking the Pacific Ocean
with views out to Catalina Island! What could be better! I would love to
meet you in person as would we all.

As for your kitchen, I'll bet mine can give yours a run for the money! I am
in planning stages of a new kitchen, laundry room and 2 bathrooms. If I get
these completed before I die of old age or dissipation, I hope to host one
at my place.

Charlie

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Charles Gifford

"Goomba38" > wrote

> Oh darn!! I'll be in Anaheim towards the end of May. I would have loved
> to attend one of these famous southern california shindigs. <pout>
> Goomba

Well durn. I was hoping you could make it here for one of our shindigs!
Maybe next year, eh?

Charlie

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Charles Gifford

"Jason Tinling" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Yay!

Yay Indeed! What could be finer! Life in the O. C. or at least a Cook-In.

Charlie

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Terry Pulliam Burd

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 14:33:17 GMT, "Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan"
> rummaged among random neurons and opined:

>We are *supposed* to have a family reunion in Sandy Eggo the end of June.
>Providing my FBI/CIA cousin isn't deployed to Columbia to infiltrate drug
>dealers hide outs. I can manipulate the date a bit. I would love to
>attend one too. I missed the cook-in in Hermann MO a few years back and I
>wish there would be another in this neck of the woods. I would do one but
>my kitchen is nasty.

Michael, that would be too cool! I'll dust off a spot on the balcony
for ya. On a clear day you can see from Catalina to Oceanside. And the
food is always amazing with our SD/OC foodies' contributions.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd..thinkin' Mexican food
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

-- Duncan Hines

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Charles Gifford

"Terry Pulliam Burd" > wrote

> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd..thinkin' Mexican food

Keep thinking that please.

Charlie

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jason Tinling

Home made tamales suit your fancy, Charlie?

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Terry Pulliam Burd

On 26 Jan 2006 08:32:52 -0800, "Jason Tinling"
> rummaged among random neurons and opined:

>Home made tamales suit your fancy, Charlie?

I dunno about Charlie, but they'd suit the DH's fancy!

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

-- Duncan Hines

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Charles Gifford

"Jason Tinling" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Home made tamales suit your fancy, Charlie?

Oh My Yes!! I have a passion for them Jason. The last tamales I remember
at a cook-in was Seattle 1999! It is about time for them again! I'll
definitely have to put the margaritas on my list.

Charlie

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Charles Gifford

"Terry Pulliam Burd" > wrote

> I dunno about Charlie, but they'd suit the DH's fancy!
>
> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
> AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

Your DH is a man of good taste.

Charlie

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jason Tinling

Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:

> I dunno about Charlie, but they'd suit the DH's fancy!
>
> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
> AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

Looks like I'm in for some tamales, then!