Posted to rec.food.cooking
samneal

Default I need your help.

I received a Rival Roaster for Christmas. Instead of having the LOW
and HIGH settings like a slow cooker this roaster has a temperature
control ranging from 150 to 450 degrees F. I need a conversion for the
LOW and HIGH temperatures so I can use slow cooker recipes in my
roaster. Can anyone help me?

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Teejay

take one of those digital probe thermometers and place inside to
measure the different oven settings.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ken

samneal wrote:
> I received a Rival Roaster for Christmas. Instead of having the LOW
> and HIGH settings like a slow cooker this roaster has a temperature
> control ranging from 150 to 450 degrees F. I need a conversion for the
> LOW and HIGH temperatures so I can use slow cooker recipes in my
> roaster. Can anyone help me?

If Rival also makes slow cookers, which I'm guessing they do, give them
a try. There should be a toll free number in the instructions booklet.

Hope this helps,

Ken

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mr Libido Incognito

Ken wrote on 20 Jan 2006 in rec.food.cooking

> samneal wrote:
> > I received a Rival Roaster for Christmas. Instead of having the LOW
> > and HIGH settings like a slow cooker this roaster has a temperature
> > control ranging from 150 to 450 degrees F. I need a conversion for

the
> > LOW and HIGH temperatures so I can use slow cooker recipes in my
> > roaster. Can anyone help me?

> If Rival also makes slow cookers, which I'm guessing they do, give them
> a try. There should be a toll free number in the instructions booklet.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Ken

google is your friend...look it up.

--
The eyes are the mirrors....
But the ears...Ah the ears.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
AC

samneal wrote:

> I received a Rival Roaster for Christmas. Instead of having the LOW
> and HIGH settings like a slow cooker this roaster has a temperature
> control ranging from 150 to 450 degrees F. I need a conversion for the
> LOW and HIGH temperatures so I can use slow cooker recipes in my
> roaster. Can anyone help me?

i've measured the temp in my crockpot and found low to be ~200f and high
~225f

Posted to rec.food.cooking
samneal

I wanted to thank everyone for their help. I did manage to find out
the answer to my question. LOW is about 200 to 210 degrees F and HIGH
is 300 to 325 degrees.