Posted to rec.food.cooking
Lisa Ann

Default OT - Sort of - Crying over Spilt Milk

From Fark.com...

http://wcco.com/watercooler/local_story_019145409.html

I just wonder why this was considered a Hazmat situation...

Lisa Ann

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dave Smith

Lisa Ann wrote:

> From Fark.com...
>
> http://wcco.com/watercooler/local_story_019145409.html
>
> I just wonder why this was considered a Hazmat situation...

Me too. I used to work in commercial motor vehicle enforcement
and taught the course on Dangerous Goods. Milk is not on the
list of dangerous goods. I did a little net surfing and found
a site that said that when spilled in large quantities it kills
insects, but not the mosquitoes that carry yellow fever.
WTF?

Posted to rec.food.cooking
maxine in ri

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 22:29:57 GMT, "Lisa Ann" >
connected the dots and wrote:

~From Fark.com...
~
~http://wcco.com/watercooler/local_story_019145409.html
~
~I just wonder why this was considered a Hazmat situation...
~
~Lisa Ann
~
Couple of possibilities: it's a foreign substance to the waters,
polluting them until thoroughly diluted.

Think of what it would smell like after a while at above freezing
temperatures. Air pollution.

Dunno their reason.

maxine in ri
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Karen

"Lisa Ann" > wrote in message
. com...
> From Fark.com...
>
> http://wcco.com/watercooler/local_story_019145409.html
>
> I just wonder why this was considered a Hazmat situation...
>
> Lisa Ann

I started giggling when I went to this web site. My Internet Explorer title
bar truncated the headline to "Milk Spill Floods Wino". I've known some
winos who would consider milk a hazardous material. :-D

Karen