General Cooking (rec.food.cooking) For general food and cooking discussion. Foods of all kinds, food procurement, cooking methods and techniques, eating, etc.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Damsel in dis Dress
 
Posts: n/a
Default Whoo-hooooo!

Crash just found my backup disk inside a DVD drive that he had removed
from my computer. I have everything. Mom's, mine, the Betty Crocker
ones that aren't on the new version (we still haven't found the MC5
disk and book). I even have the RFC cookbook, which is a good thing,
because I can't find my books.

You're seeing a trend here, aren't you? If only I could find the
boxes for last year's Christmas tree, we might be able to take the
stupid thing down. LOL!

Thanks, everyone, for your useful suggestions. I'm not only going to
keep backups on disk, I'm going to stick them on the internet.

Carol, very relieved
  #2 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mr Libido Incognito
 
Posts: n/a
Default Whoo-hooooo!

Damsel in dis Dress wrote on 18 Jan 2006 in rec.food.cooking

> Crash just found my backup disk inside a DVD drive that he had removed
> from my computer. I have everything. Mom's, mine, the Betty Crocker
> ones that aren't on the new version (we still haven't found the MC5
> disk and book). I even have the RFC cookbook, which is a good thing,
> because I can't find my books.
>
> You're seeing a trend here, aren't you? If only I could find the
> boxes for last year's Christmas tree, we might be able to take the
> stupid thing down. LOL!
>
> Thanks, everyone, for your useful suggestions. I'm not only going to
> keep backups on disk, I'm going to stick them on the internet.
>
> Carol, very relieved
>


May I suggest duplicate well labeled backup dics one set in the house and
another set at a friend's house/bank box or whatever off premise.

And keep the "in house" location (say a bedroom dresser) on a note on the
fridge or a bulletin board.

--
The eyes are the mirrors....
But the ears...Ah the ears.
The ears keep the hat up.
  #3 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Damsel in dis Dress
 
Posts: n/a
Default Whoo-hooooo!

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 22:23:59 GMT, Mr Libido Incognito >
wrote:

>May I suggest duplicate well labeled backup dics one set in the house and
>another set at a friend's house/bank box or whatever off premise.
>
>And keep the "in house" location (say a bedroom dresser) on a note on the
>fridge or a bulletin board.


My "computer desk" is an antique regular ol' desk. I have four
drawers, so I can keep a copy in there. I just have to supervise
Crash when he removes hardware from my 'puter, so things don't
disappear again.

Thanks for the great suggestion!
Carol
  #4 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
limey
 
Posts: n/a
Default Whoo-hooooo!


"Damsel in dis Dress" > wrote in message
...
> Crash just found my backup disk inside a DVD drive that he had removed
> from my computer. I have everything. Mom's, mine, the Betty Crocker
> ones that aren't on the new version (we still haven't found the MC5
> disk and book). I even have the RFC cookbook, which is a good thing,
> because I can't find my books.
>
> You're seeing a trend here, aren't you? If only I could find the
> boxes for last year's Christmas tree, we might be able to take the
> stupid thing down. LOL!
>
> Thanks, everyone, for your useful suggestions. I'm not only going to
> keep backups on disk, I'm going to stick them on the internet.
>
> Carol, very relieved


I can just imagine how good you feel. That's great.

Dora


  #5 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Karen MacInerney
 
Posts: n/a
Default Whoo-hooooo!


Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> Crash just found my backup disk inside a DVD drive that he had removed
> from my computer.


Thank goodness, Carol. What a relief! I'm terrified of that happening,
so I'm always sending manuscripts to my poor husband at work. All my
recipes are on paper these days (I print them)...

Karen MacInerney
Kitchen experimenter, family chauffeur,and culinary mystery author
www.karenmacinerney.com



  #6 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
abRokeNegRo
 
Posts: n/a
Default Whoo-hooooo!


Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

that's the best username i've seen on usenet

(besides the username that my love uses)

I also seen one today it said Margarita Salt

just a good tongue and cheek name

  #7 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Tara Banfield
 
Posts: n/a
Default Whoo-hooooo!


"Damsel in dis Dress" > wrote in message
...
> Crash just found my backup disk inside a DVD drive that he had removed
> from my computer. I have everything. Mom's, mine, the Betty Crocker
> ones that aren't on the new version (we still haven't found the MC5
> disk and book). I even have the RFC cookbook, which is a good thing,
> because I can't find my books.


Saaaaayyyyyy......
Howdy again to you (and you-all) after many moons absent.... I was poking
around here, looking for familiar names and landed in the lost cookbook
lamentations, since I adore the the lyrical flow of "Damsel in dis Dress",
and have historically gone to see what was up with Dis Damsel. Ennyhoo --
since people's moms' cookbooks tend to have the sorts of things in them that
I want to eat -- may I inhale these beloved files onto my own hard drive??
They seem to be highly prized, which usually indicates a high Yum factor.
If that's okay, my best, non-bouncy address would be (before deciphering):
terror at eskimo dot net. Real ppl's recipes make me outrageously
happy.......

Tara


  #8 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
amgolf38
 
Posts: n/a
Default Whoo-hooooo!

Perhaps you can help me with this. I have noticed that there are a lot of
men on this site; however, my question is aimed at women...single women.
Since there isn't a "forum" for "love" food I need the single women out
there to email me at and let me know what they would like
a man to cook for them when entertaining...and, of course, any other
helpful hints you might be able to offer in that direction. I have cooked
most of my life and, being from the Deep South, have never been concerned
about it being a masculine trait since most of the men down here cook and
like to eat good food. Help me...please.

  #9 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Damsel in dis Dress
 
Posts: n/a
Default Whoo-hooooo!

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 12:42:43 -0800, "Tara Banfield"
> wrote:

>Saaaaayyyyyy......
>Howdy again to you (and you-all) after many moons absent.... I was poking
>around here, looking for familiar names and landed in the lost cookbook
>lamentations, since I adore the the lyrical flow of "Damsel in dis Dress",
>and have historically gone to see what was up with Dis Damsel. Ennyhoo --
>since people's moms' cookbooks tend to have the sorts of things in them that
>I want to eat -- may I inhale these beloved files onto my own hard drive??
>They seem to be highly prized, which usually indicates a high Yum factor.
>If that's okay, my best, non-bouncy address would be (before deciphering):
>terror at eskimo dot net. Real ppl's recipes make me outrageously
>happy.......


There's a little gift in your mailbox. )

Carol
Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The 21st Annual Schaller Ribbon Report - Hoo hooo hooooo! Melba's Jammin' Preserving 8 29-08-2015 12:19 AM
Whoo hoo! I am official Marilyn[_3_] Preserving 1 08-10-2009 11:51 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2024 FoodBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Food and drink"