Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default A cake question

Hi everyone,

When I was younger, my grandmother would always buy a delicious sara
lee chocolate layer cake. For some reason, I am completely unable to
find this cake anywhere even though I have looked in lots of
supermarkets.. I know that sara lee still makes it because they have it
on their web site

http://www.saralee.com/saraleebrand/...=35&category=6

Is anyone else familiar with this cake. I am in the staten island, new
york area and haven't seen it in at least 10 years

Sincerely, MrA

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young

"rox formerly rmg" > wrote

> > wrote in message

>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> When I was younger, my grandmother would always buy a delicious sara
>> lee chocolate layer cake. For some reason, I am completely unable to
>> find this cake anywhere even though I have looked in lots of
>> supermarkets.. I know that sara lee still makes it because they have it
>> on their web site
>>

> http://www.saralee.com/saraleebrand/...t=35&category=
> 6
>>
>> Is anyone else familiar with this cake. I am in the staten island, new
>> york area and haven't seen it in at least 10 years

> A big corporation like sara lee probably keeps rigorous track of what
> sells
> best where (and who is selling it) which might explain why you can't find
> it
> in a particular area. It looks like they do have a "where to buy" section
> on
> their site, so some phone calling or emailing could be in order.
>
> Good luck.

They will probably tell you to talk to the store manager, print out a
picture of the cake, what can it hurt? I'll look for it next time I'm
shopping, that does look good. They might order it for you.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking
rox formerly rmg

ps.com...

cake question sf[_9_] General Cooking 25 22-06-2011 04:59 AM
Cake Glaze Question Polly Esther[_2_] General Cooking 5 28-05-2011 07:04 AM
Ground meat cake (was Strawberry Basket Cake Question) OmManiPadmeOmelet General Cooking 0 05-05-2006 03:09 PM
Cake question Hoges in WA Baking 41 22-08-2005 09:58 PM
Eiser cake question [email protected] Baking 174 02-03-2005 10:15 PM