Old 12-01-2006, 10:28 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Cynthia

Default Vacuum Pack Machines for Home Use

Can anybody recommend a good household vacuumpacking machine at a
reasonable cost? There are just too many out on the market with such a
wide price range. I don't want something cheap that'll break in a
month, but I also don't want a machine that will be obsolete in a year
that will break the bank! Maybe I'm asking for too much?

Old 12-01-2006, 10:38 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Dave Smith

Cynthia wrote:

Can anybody recommend a good household vacuumpacking machine at a
reasonable cost? There are just too many out on the market with such a
wide price range. I don't want something cheap that'll break in a
month, but I also don't want a machine that will be obsolete in a year
that will break the bank! Maybe I'm asking for too much?

After a thread on topic of food savers just over a year ago, I bought a
Talia and I am very happy with it.

Old 12-01-2006, 10:59 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Peter Aitken

"Cynthia" wrote in message
oups.com...
Can anybody recommend a good household vacuumpacking machine at a
reasonable cost? There are just too many out on the market with such a
wide price range. I don't want something cheap that'll break in a
month, but I also don't want a machine that will be obsolete in a year
that will break the bank! Maybe I'm asking for too much?

If the machine does what you want, it cannot ever be obsolete. But you are
wise to look for a good quality unit. We have the Tilia and it is just
fine - but then again, we have nothing to compare it to! Good price at
CostCo.

--
Peter Aitken

Old 12-01-2006, 11:10 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
MoM

"Cynthia" wrote in message
oups.com...
Can anybody recommend a good household vacuumpacking
machine at a
reasonable cost? There are just too many out on the market
with such a
wide price range. I don't want something cheap that'll
break in a
month, but I also don't want a machine that will be
obsolete in a year
that will break the bank! Maybe I'm asking for too much?

The only one I would get would be a hands free tilia.

I've had 2 tilia's previously.

1 locking but not hands free and one not locking and not
hands free.

the latest is the best and I only paid $30 US on eBay.

I know their prices cause I checked their site.

http://www.tilia.com/index.cfm

There are some very good prices on eBay but just watch you
get what you want.

MoM

Old 12-01-2006, 11:13 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young

"Dave Smith" wrote

Cynthia wrote:

Can anybody recommend a good household vacuumpacking machine at a
reasonable cost? There are just too many out on the market with such a
wide price range. I don't want something cheap that'll break in a
month, but I also don't want a machine that will be obsolete in a year
that will break the bank! Maybe I'm asking for too much?

After a thread on topic of food savers just over a year ago, I bought a
Talia and I am very happy with it.

The Tilia is one of those things I put off buying for a long time because
I knew I'd get the 'what is she buying now I better not say anything she'll
be mad' face. We consider it to be indispensable now. I'm happy I
got Tilia, but I have never had a different brand. You can find sales on
the
bags, you'll see them on ebay, too. My 2 cents.

nancy

Old 13-01-2006, 02:35 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
Michael O'Connor

I got a Tilia Foodsaver on Ebay for a pretty reasonable price, and I
love it. You can get the bags pretty reasonably on Ebay also if you
don't mind buying four boxes of bags at a time.

Old 13-01-2006, 04:58 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
Charles Quinn

"Cynthia" wrote in news:1137104910.038714.126120
@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

Can anybody recommend a good household vacuumpacking machine at a
reasonable cost? There are just too many out on the market with such a
wide price range. I don't want something cheap that'll break in a
month, but I also don't want a machine that will be obsolete in a year
that will break the bank! Maybe I'm asking for too much?

I have a Sinbo, it is a snorkel type. The bags are way cheaper than the
other type.

--
---
Charles Quinn

"Choosing the lesser of two evils, is still choosing evil" - Jerry Garcia
Old 13-01-2006, 03:33 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Cynthia

Thanks all! I appreciate you've narrowed it down for me. (Also
impressed I haven't seen any horror stories...) Thanks again!