Posted to rec.food.cooking
Cynthia

Default Vacuum Pack Machines for Home Use

Can anybody recommend a good household vacuumpacking machine at a
reasonable cost? There are just too many out on the market with such a
wide price range. I don't want something cheap that'll break in a
month, but I also don't want a machine that will be obsolete in a year
that will break the bank! Maybe I'm asking for too much?

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dave Smith

Cynthia wrote:

> Can anybody recommend a good household vacuumpacking machine at a
> reasonable cost? There are just too many out on the market with such a
> wide price range. I don't want something cheap that'll break in a
> month, but I also don't want a machine that will be obsolete in a year
> that will break the bank! Maybe I'm asking for too much?

After a thread on topic of food savers just over a year ago, I bought a
Talia and I am very happy with it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Peter Aitken

"Cynthia" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Can anybody recommend a good household vacuumpacking machine at a
> reasonable cost? There are just too many out on the market with such a
> wide price range. I don't want something cheap that'll break in a
> month, but I also don't want a machine that will be obsolete in a year
> that will break the bank! Maybe I'm asking for too much?

If the machine does what you want, it cannot ever be obsolete. But you are
wise to look for a good quality unit. We have the Tilia and it is just
fine - but then again, we have nothing to compare it to! Good price at
CostCo.

--
Peter Aitken

Posted to rec.food.cooking
MoM

"Cynthia" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Can anybody recommend a good household vacuumpacking
> machine at a
> reasonable cost? There are just too many out on the market
> with such a
> wide price range. I don't want something cheap that'll
> break in a
> month, but I also don't want a machine that will be
> obsolete in a year
> that will break the bank! Maybe I'm asking for too much?

The only one I would get would be a hands free tilia.

I've had 2 tilia's previously.

1 locking but not hands free and one not locking and not
hands free.

the latest is the best and I only paid $30 US on eBay.

I know their prices cause I checked their site.

http://www.tilia.com/index.cfm

There are some very good prices on eBay but just watch you
get what you want.

MoM

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young

"Dave Smith" > wrote

> Cynthia wrote:
>
>> Can anybody recommend a good household vacuumpacking machine at a
>> reasonable cost? There are just too many out on the market with such a
>> wide price range. I don't want something cheap that'll break in a
>> month, but I also don't want a machine that will be obsolete in a year
>> that will break the bank! Maybe I'm asking for too much?

> After a thread on topic of food savers just over a year ago, I bought a
> Talia and I am very happy with it.

The Tilia is one of those things I put off buying for a long time because
I knew I'd get the 'what is she buying now I better not say anything she'll
be mad' face. We consider it to be indispensable now. I'm happy I
got Tilia, but I have never had a different brand. You can find sales on
the
bags, you'll see them on ebay, too. My 2 cents.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Michael O'Connor

I got a Tilia Foodsaver on Ebay for a pretty reasonable price, and I
love it. You can get the bags pretty reasonably on Ebay also if you
don't mind buying four boxes of bags at a time.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Charles Quinn

"Cynthia" > wrote in news:1137104910.038714.126120
@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

> Can anybody recommend a good household vacuumpacking machine at a
> reasonable cost? There are just too many out on the market with such a
> wide price range. I don't want something cheap that'll break in a
> month, but I also don't want a machine that will be obsolete in a year
> that will break the bank! Maybe I'm asking for too much?

I have a Sinbo, it is a snorkel type. The bags are way cheaper than the
other type.

--
---
Charles Quinn

"Choosing the lesser of two evils, is still choosing evil" - Jerry Garcia
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Cynthia

Thanks all! I appreciate you've narrowed it down for me. (Also
impressed I haven't seen any horror stories...) Thanks again!