Posted to rec.food.cooking
modom

Default Pictures of our kitchens

I propose that we exchange pictures of our kitchens. I'll start:
http://tinypic.com/jv1zxt.jpg

Note that it's a mess. D and I usually keep it a little neater than
that, but not today.

What does yours look like?

modom
Posted to rec.food.cooking
The Bubbo

modom wrote:
> I propose that we exchange pictures of our kitchens. I'll start:
> http://tinypic.com/jv1zxt.jpg
>
> Note that it's a mess. D and I usually keep it a little neater than
> that, but not today.
>
> What does yours look like?
>

> modom

You're gonna have to wait till I clean. My kitchen looks like a disaster area
right now!

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking
modom

On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 18:58:15 GMT, The Bubbo >
wrote:

>modom wrote:
>> I propose that we exchange pictures of our kitchens. I'll start:
>> http://tinypic.com/jv1zxt.jpg
>>
>> Note that it's a mess. D and I usually keep it a little neater than
>> that, but not today.
>>
>> What does yours look like?

>You're gonna have to wait till I clean. My kitchen looks like a disaster area
>right now!

No excuses! Hrrrrumph. I showed you my mess. Show me yours.

modom
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pandora

"modom" > ha scritto nel messaggio
>I propose that we exchange pictures of our kitchens. I'll start:
> http://tinypic.com/jv1zxt.jpg

Uhauuuuuuu! Beautiful! I see an hand in the picture. Do you read hands?
Pan

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pandora

"The Bubbo" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> modom wrote:
>> I propose that we exchange pictures of our kitchens. I'll start:
>> http://tinypic.com/jv1zxt.jpg
>>
>> Note that it's a mess. D and I usually keep it a little neater than
>> that, but not today.
>>
>> What does yours look like?
>>

>> modom

> You're gonna have to wait till I clean. My kitchen looks like a disaster
> area
> right now!

ROTFL ! It means you are a good chef!
pandy

> --
> .:Heather:.
> www.velvet-c.com
> Step off, beyotches, I'm the roflpimp!

Posted to rec.food.cooking
PickyJaz

modom wrote:
> I propose that we exchange pictures of our kitchens. I'll start:
> http://tinypic.com/jv1zxt.jpg
>
> Note that it's a mess. D and I usually keep it a little neater than
> that, but not today. What does yours look like?

It's been so long since I've had a camera that I don't remember if
things as small as my kitchen can even be snapped due to not enough
step-back space for getting the shot. Imagine, if you can without
getting a headache: floor space is about 4'x9' with the sink and
single window being at center end; the two "working" counter tops add
up to 5.5' by 18" and the stove and refrigerator are set in between
cabinets, with only enough countertop for the convection microwave at
the far end right of the stove, and across from the floor to ceiling
2x2' pantry cupboard. Needless to say, the attached garage holds my
upright freezer, a large and not pugged in refrigerator for packaged
goods, as well as two very large cabinets for storing small appliances
and large pots. Two people can work inside my kitchen at the same
time, though certainly not side by side.

PickyPetite

Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown

modom wrote:
> I propose that we exchange pictures of our kitchens. I'll start:
> http://tinypic.com/jv1zxt.jpg
>
> Note that it's a mess. D and I usually keep it a little neater than
> that, but not today.
>
> What does yours look like?
>

> modom

I note you have a new puppy You wouldn't want to see my kitchen!

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Margaret Suran

modom wrote:
> I propose that we exchange pictures of our kitchens. I'll start:
> http://tinypic.com/jv1zxt.jpg
>
> Note that it's a mess. D and I usually keep it a little neater than
> that, but not today.
>
> What does yours look like?
>

> modom

Dirty Show Off!!!! You have Kitchen Cabinets and an Island!!!! This
is not fair and I will not play this game. So there. (

Now, if someone initiates a game where we show the tiniest kitchens,
the ones with the least space......
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Wayne Boatwright

On Sun 08 Jan 2006 12:07:04p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it modom?

> On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 18:58:15 GMT, The Bubbo >
> wrote:
>
>>modom wrote:
>>> I propose that we exchange pictures of our kitchens. I'll start:
>>> http://tinypic.com/jv1zxt.jpg
>>>
>>> Note that it's a mess. D and I usually keep it a little neater than
>>> that, but not today.
>>>
>>> What does yours look like?

>>You're gonna have to wait till I clean. My kitchen looks like a disaster
>>area right now!

> No excuses! Hrrrrumph. I showed you my mess. Show me yours.
>
> modom

Michael, remember...there are messes and there are *messes*. <g>

I would show this pitiful kitchen in this rental house on a bet. If we
ever move (now it seems it will be this summer), then I'll post pictures of
the new kitchen.

--
Wayne Boatwright **
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Roberta

Pandora wrote:
> "The Bubbo" > ha scritto nel messaggio
>
>>modom wrote:
>>
>>>I propose that we exchange pictures of our kitchens. I'll start:
>>>http://tinypic.com/jv1zxt.jpg
>>>
>>>Note that it's a mess. D and I usually keep it a little neater than
>>>that, but not today.
>>>
>>>What does yours look like?
>>>

>>>modom

>>You're gonna have to wait till I clean. My kitchen looks like a disaster
>>area
>>right now!

> ROTFL ! It means you are a good chef!
> pandy

I wish my husband thought that lol...he feels that every counter should
be clear at all times...even things like a food processor out is too
much "clutter" :P

Roberta (in VA)

>>--
>>.:Heather:.
>>www.velvet-c.com
>>Step off, beyotches, I'm the roflpimp!

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pandora

"Roberta" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> Pandora wrote:

>>>You're gonna have to wait till I clean. My kitchen looks like a disaster
>>>area
>>>right now!

>> ROTFL ! It means you are a good chef!
>> pandy
>>

> I wish my husband thought that lol...he feels that every counter should be
> clear at all times...even things like a food processor out is too much
> "clutter" :P

Ohh! I Am a lucky woman , indeed! My cat doesn't matter of anything! he is
happy just if he eats ))))

pandora

> Roberta (in VA)
>
>>>--
>>>.:Heather:.
>>>www.velvet-c.com
>>>Step off, beyotches, I'm the roflpimp!

Posted to rec.food.cooking
~patches~

modom wrote:

> I propose that we exchange pictures of our kitchens. I'll start:
> http://tinypic.com/jv1zxt.jpg
>
> Note that it's a mess. D and I usually keep it a little neater than
> that, but not today.
>
> What does yours look like?
>

> modom

Nice The room has quite a high ceiling! Now what is in your oven?
I see an oven rack out so here that means I have a larger roast or
turkey on the go. Now with three oven racks, I have to take out two.
I'm doing a large pork shoulder requiring my huge roaster so the two
racks are sitting near the microwave stand.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Wayne Boatwright

On Sun 08 Jan 2006 12:31:34p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Roberta?

> Pandora wrote:

>>>You're gonna have to wait till I clean. My kitchen looks like a disaster
>>>area right now!

>> ROTFL ! It means you are a good chef!
>> pandy
>>

> I wish my husband thought that lol...he feels that every counter should
> be clear at all times...even things like a food processor out is too
> much "clutter" :P
>
> Roberta (in VA)

Does your husband cook? It would seem not, or he would see the reason for
things on the counter.

--
Wayne Boatwright **
Posted to rec.food.cooking
The Bubbo

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Sun 08 Jan 2006 12:07:04p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it modom?
>
>> On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 18:58:15 GMT, The Bubbo >
>> wrote:

>>>You're gonna have to wait till I clean. My kitchen looks like a disaster
>>>area right now!

>> No excuses! Hrrrrumph. I showed you my mess. Show me yours.
>>
>> modom
>>

> Michael, remember...there are messes and there are *messes*. <g>
>
> I would show this pitiful kitchen in this rental house on a bet. If we
> ever move (now it seems it will be this summer), then I'll post pictures of
> the new kitchen.

Seriously, we're talking EPA superfund site.
David came home last night and I've been otherwise occupied, though I did
manage to make cinnamon rolls for us to eat in the morning. That was nice.

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com
Step off, beyotches, I'm the roflpimp!
Posted to rec.food.cooking
The Bubbo

Roberta wrote:
> Pandora wrote:

>>>You're gonna have to wait till I clean. My kitchen looks like a disaster
>>>area
>>>right now!

>> ROTFL ! It means you are a good chef!
>> pandy
>>

> I wish my husband thought that lol...he feels that every counter should
> be clear at all times...even things like a food processor out is too
> much "clutter" :P
>
> Roberta (in VA)
>
>>>--
>>>.:Heather:.
>>>www.velvet-c.com
>>>Step off, beyotches, I'm the roflpimp!

When I rented this place I was so excited to have this big counter to use, but
it's packed full of the appliances I use regularly.
Coffee machine, rcie cooker, stand mixer, espresso machine, bread maker, food
processor. I just don't have anywhere else to put them and since I do use them
all regularly I don't want to have to haul them out. I had to do some creative
cramming to make room so i could roll the dough last night.

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com
Step off, beyotches, I'm the roflpimp!

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Curly Sue

On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 14:24:03 -0500, Margaret Suran
> wrote:
>
>Dirty Show Off!!!! You have Kitchen Cabinets and an Island!!!! This
>is not fair and I will not play this game. So there. (
>
>Now, if someone initiates a game where we show the tiniest kitchens,
>the ones with the least space......

We give up already! You win

I bet I'll come in second. I just got back from shopping. I'll post
a photo of mine after I put the groceries away (and dishes in the dw).

Sue(tm)
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Christine Dabney

wrote:

>modom wrote:
>> I propose that we exchange pictures of our kitchens. I'll start:
>> http://tinypic.com/jv1zxt.jpg
>>
>> Note that it's a mess. D and I usually keep it a little neater than
>> that, but not today.
>>
>> What does yours look like?
>>

>> modom

>You're gonna have to wait till I clean. My kitchen looks like a disaster area
>right now!

Yeah, you have to wait til I clean too..
And mine, is only this tiny apartment kitchen where I am on assignment
as a travel nurse.

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Christine Dabney

On 8 Jan 2006 20:54:16 +0100, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>> I wish my husband thought that lol...he feels that every counter should
>> be clear at all times...even things like a food processor out is too
>> much "clutter" :P
>>
>> Roberta (in VA)

>Does your husband cook? It would seem not, or he would see the reason for
>things on the counter.
>
>--
>Wayne Boatwright **

Doesn't he know that the more counter space you have, the more you
have to fill it up.

I swear, whenever I have a kitchen with huge amounts of counter space,
I seem to be able to cover every single inch of it in no time.....

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sheldon

modom wrote:
> I propose that we exchange pictures of our kitchens. I'll start:
> http://tinypic.com/jv1zxt.jpg
>
> Note that it's a mess. D and I usually keep it a little neater than
> that, but not today.
>
> What does yours look like?

Wow... you have no counter space... it's all aclutter!

I've already posted my kitchen pictures.

So where is your kitchen window?

Posted to rec.food.cooking
MoM

"modom" > wrote in message
>I propose that we exchange pictures of our kitchens. I'll
>start:
> http://tinypic.com/jv1zxt.jpg
>
> Note that it's a mess. D and I usually keep it a little
> neater than
> that, but not today.
>
> What does yours look like?
>

> modom

Nice!

Ours is similar, lighter and more campact

http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

MoM

Posted to rec.food.cooking
pennyaline

Margaret Suran wrote:
> modom wrote:
>> I propose that we exchange pictures of our kitchens. I'll start:
>> http://tinypic.com/jv1zxt.jpg
>>
>> Note that it's a mess. D and I usually keep it a little neater than
>> that, but not today.
>>
>> What does yours look like?
>>

>> modom

> Dirty Show Off!!!! You have Kitchen Cabinets and an Island!!!! This is
> not fair and I will not play this game. So there. (
>
> Now, if someone initiates a game where we show the tiniest kitchens, the
> ones with the least space......

Or kitchens with the worst layout. I've had some HUGE kitchens with a
postage stamps-worth of counter space, and some with no counters at all.
The worst was the one that didn't have even one solitary cabinet!

And Margaret, I've had two NYC kitchens. One was minuscule, one was a
fairly large space. The teeny one was the easier to work in, once we got
the table/work surface bracketed up onto the wall. The sink, fridge and
an itty bitty gas apartment stove (which I loved!)lined up against one
wall, and the work surface was mounted on the opposing wall.

The best one I ever had was a 15x8 galley kitchen in a double wide we
lived in during the late 80s: the appliances, cabinets/counters and
pantry cupboard were arranged in a Star of David layout, and it was
remarkably handy and functional.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
PickyJaz

modom wrote:
> I propose that we exchange pictures of our kitchens. I'll start:
> http://tinypic.com/jv1zxt.jpg
> Note that it's a mess. D and I usually keep it a little neater than
> that, but not today.

It's been so long since I owned a camera that I'm not sure one could
step back far nenough into my dining area in order to shoot, but just
imagine, if you will. My kitcfhen floor space is only about 4'x9' and
the "working" countertops are but 5'x18". The stove and refrigerator
are on opposite sides, between cabinets. The convection/microwave
completely sits onto a smaller second countertop beside the stove. The
sink and single window are at center "back" and there is no way two
people could work in this kitchen side by side. As you'd expect, the
upright freezer, an unplugged large refrigerator for storing packaged
products and stock-up goods, and two large cabinets for storing the
less frequently used appliances are all in the attached garage. Were I
not expecting to move from here in about six years, I would love to
have a re-build done to extend the kitchen throughout the dining room
that is rarely used because I live alone.

Picky

Posted to rec.food.cooking
~patches~

Margaret Suran wrote:

> modom wrote:
>
>> I propose that we exchange pictures of our kitchens. I'll start:
>> http://tinypic.com/jv1zxt.jpg
>>
>> Note that it's a mess. D and I usually keep it a little neater than
>> that, but not today.
>>
>> What does yours look like?
>>

>> modom

> Dirty Show Off!!!! You have Kitchen Cabinets and an Island!!!! This is
> not fair and I will not play this game. So there. (
>
> Now, if someone initiates a game where we show the tiniest kitchens, the
> ones with the least space......

Mine isn't the tiniest kitchen but it sure feels like it sometimes. The
layout doesn't allow for eating in and there is little wall space.
The worst part is, there really are few options for remodelling without
major work to the back entrance as the kitchen is just off that but we
don't have room to enlarge without getting too close to the lot line
Posted to rec.food.cooking
modom

On Sun, 8 Jan 2006 15:22:15 -0500, "MoM" >
wrote:

>"modom" > wrote in message
.. .
>>I propose that we exchange pictures of our kitchens. I'll
>>start:
>> http://tinypic.com/jv1zxt.jpg
>>
>> Note that it's a mess. D and I usually keep it a little
>> neater than
>> that, but not today.
>>
>> What does yours look like?
>>

>> modom

>Nice!
>
>Ours is similar, lighter and more campact
>
>http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos
>
>MoM

I couldn't get the link to work on my system, MoM.

Lighter would be better in my kitchen, for sure. I think next summer
I'm going to paint all the cabinets white for the light that'll afford
me.

modom
Posted to rec.food.cooking
serene

wrote:

>"modom" > wrote in message
.. .
>>I propose that we exchange pictures of our kitchens. I'll
>>start:
>> http://tinypic.com/jv1zxt.jpg
>>
>> Note that it's a mess. D and I usually keep it a little
>> neater than
>> that, but not today.
>>
>> What does yours look like?
>>

>> modom

>Nice!
>
>Ours is similar, lighter and more campact
>
>http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

This link will lead people to their own photos page (I don't have a
yahoo account, so it leads me to a page to sign up for one).

serene, enjoying the photos

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pandora

"MoM" > ha scritto nel messaggio
. ..

> "modom" > wrote in message
>>I propose that we exchange pictures of our kitchens. I'll start:
>> http://tinypic.com/jv1zxt.jpg
>>
>> Note that it's a mess. D and I usually keep it a little neater than
>> that, but not today.
>>
>> What does yours look like?
>>

>> modom

> Nice!
>
> Ours is similar, lighter and more campact
>
> http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos
>
> MoM

I can't see the photo. BTW Thank you!
Pandora

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Margaret Suran

pennyaline wrote:
> Margaret Suran wrote:
>
>> modom wrote:
>>
>>> I propose that we exchange pictures of our kitchens. I'll start:
>>> http://tinypic.com/jv1zxt.jpg
>>>
>>> Note that it's a mess. D and I usually keep it a little neater than
>>> that, but not today.
>>>
>>> What does yours look like?
>>>

>>> modom

>> Dirty Show Off!!!! You have Kitchen Cabinets and an Island!!!! This
>> is not fair and I will not play this game. So there. (
>>
>> Now, if someone initiates a game where we show the tiniest kitchens,
>> the ones with the least space......

> Or kitchens with the worst layout. I've had some HUGE kitchens with a
> postage stamps-worth of counter space, and some with no counters at all.
> The worst was the one that didn't have even one solitary cabinet!
>
> And Margaret, I've had two NYC kitchens. One was minuscule, one was a
> fairly large space. The teeny one was the easier to work in, once we got
> the table/work surface bracketed up onto the wall. The sink, fridge and
> an itty bitty gas apartment stove (which I loved!)lined up against one
> wall, and the work surface was mounted on the opposing wall.
>
> The best one I ever had was a 15x8 galley kitchen in a double wide we
> lived in during the late 80s: the appliances, cabinets/counters and
> pantry cupboard were arranged in a Star of David layout, and it was
> remarkably handy and functional.

The worst thing is, that he has a new puppy in his kitchen. How can
anybody compete with that? All I have is Tandoora, my cat and she
cannot come close to a long haired Dachshund. (

Posted to rec.food.cooking
~patches~

Roberta wrote:

> Pandora wrote:

>>> You're gonna have to wait till I clean. My kitchen looks like a
>>> disaster area
>>> right now!

>> ROTFL ! It means you are a good chef!
>> pandy
>>

> I wish my husband thought that lol...he feels that every counter should
> be clear at all times...even things like a food processor out is too
> much "clutter" :P
>
> Roberta (in VA)

He wouldn't like my counters My kitchen is antiquey and country with
very modern appliances and stainless steel accents. I have only a
breadmaker, perculator and the pod coffee maker on the counters for
appliances only because these appliance are used almost daily. Then I
have antique mason jars used as canisters, antique cheese crocks used to
hide little things I need, the paper towel holder, spice carosel (I
might move that yet) the knives and near the one entrance a basket to
catch anything as need be. On my nice new Jenn Air, I have a custom
made wood block to cover 2 burners thanks to DS who made it special for
me. On the wood block is my cute chef design tea pot and tomatoes.
Another burner holds a stainless steel tea kettle that may find another
home and when the oven is on, it holds my cast iron fry pan. The small
freezer holds a clay pot of garlic, family pic, and another antique
large mason jar. Then there is the canning rack that holds all my
canning equipment, more herbs & spices, and all the jars of homecanned
goodies. The rack is stuffed to the hilt but tends to be the highlight
of the kitchen especially amongst my friends who are always looking to
snitch a jar of their favourite homecanned goodies. There is no table
or room for one. My microwave is on a stand that also holds an antique
replica breadbox, more canned goodies, and a few cookbooks. He
definitely wouldn't like my kitchen.

>>> --
>>> .:Heather:.
>>> www.velvet-c.com
>>> Step off, beyotches, I'm the roflpimp!

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Wayne Boatwright

On Sun 08 Jan 2006 02:14:40p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it ~patches~?

> Roberta wrote:
>
>> Pandora wrote:

>>> ROTFL ! It means you are a good chef!
>>> pandy
>>>

>> I wish my husband thought that lol...he feels that every counter should
>> be clear at all times...even things like a food processor out is too
>> much "clutter" :P
>>
>> Roberta (in VA)
>>

> He wouldn't like my counters My kitchen is antiquey and country with
> very modern appliances and stainless steel accents. I have only a
> breadmaker, perculator and the pod coffee maker on the counters for
> appliances only because these appliance are used almost daily. Then I
> have antique mason jars used as canisters, antique cheese crocks used to
> hide little things I need, the paper towel holder, spice carosel (I
> might move that yet) the knives and near the one entrance a basket to
> catch anything as need be. On my nice new Jenn Air, I have a custom
> made wood block to cover 2 burners thanks to DS who made it special for
> me. On the wood block is my cute chef design tea pot and tomatoes.
> Another burner holds a stainless steel tea kettle that may find another
> home and when the oven is on, it holds my cast iron fry pan. The small
> freezer holds a clay pot of garlic, family pic, and another antique
> large mason jar. Then there is the canning rack that holds all my
> canning equipment, more herbs & spices, and all the jars of homecanned
> goodies. The rack is stuffed to the hilt but tends to be the highlight
> of the kitchen especially amongst my friends who are always looking to
> snitch a jar of their favourite homecanned goodies. There is no table
> or room for one. My microwave is on a stand that also holds an antique
> replica breadbox, more canned goodies, and a few cookbooks. He
> definitely wouldn't like my kitchen.

I would. I've had two kitchens like that and, after we move, will likely
have one again. I love having the old crockery, jars, boxes, etc., out
there and usable. I do, however, keep my spices in a cabinet because
they're better off in the dark.

--
Wayne Boatwright **
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Wayne Boatwright

On Sun 08 Jan 2006 02:08:34p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Margaret
Suran?

> pennyaline wrote:
>> Margaret Suran wrote:

>>> Dirty Show Off!!!! You have Kitchen Cabinets and an Island!!!! This
>>> is not fair and I will not play this game. So there. (
>>>
>>> Now, if someone initiates a game where we show the tiniest kitchens,
>>> the ones with the least space......

>> Or kitchens with the worst layout. I've had some HUGE kitchens with a
>> postage stamps-worth of counter space, and some with no counters at all.
>> The worst was the one that didn't have even one solitary cabinet!
>>
>> And Margaret, I've had two NYC kitchens. One was minuscule, one was a
>> fairly large space. The teeny one was the easier to work in, once we got
>> the table/work surface bracketed up onto the wall. The sink, fridge and
>> an itty bitty gas apartment stove (which I loved!)lined up against one
>> wall, and the work surface was mounted on the opposing wall.
>>
>> The best one I ever had was a 15x8 galley kitchen in a double wide we
>> lived in during the late 80s: the appliances, cabinets/counters and
>> pantry cupboard were arranged in a Star of David layout, and it was
>> remarkably handy and functional.

> The worst thing is, that he has a new puppy in his kitchen. How can
> anybody compete with that? All I have is Tandoora, my cat and she
> cannot come close to a long haired Dachshund. (

The Dachshund would probably not like it either. <g> However, Tandoora
would be graciously welcomed by our five cats.

--
Wayne Boatwright **

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pandora

"Wayne Boatwright" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> On Sun 08 Jan 2006 02:14:40p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it ~patches~?
>
>> Roberta wrote:

>>> I wish my husband thought that lol...he feels that every counter should
>>> be clear at all times...even things like a food processor out is too
>>> much "clutter" :P
>>>
>>> Roberta (in VA)
>>>

>> He wouldn't like my counters My kitchen is antiquey and country with
>> very modern appliances and stainless steel accents. I have only a
>> breadmaker, perculator and the pod coffee maker on the counters for
>> appliances only because these appliance are used almost daily. Then I
>> have antique mason jars used as canisters, antique cheese crocks used to
>> hide little things I need, the paper towel holder, spice carosel (I
>> might move that yet) the knives and near the one entrance a basket to
>> catch anything as need be. On my nice new Jenn Air, I have a custom
>> made wood block to cover 2 burners thanks to DS who made it special for
>> me. On the wood block is my cute chef design tea pot and tomatoes.
>> Another burner holds a stainless steel tea kettle that may find another
>> home and when the oven is on, it holds my cast iron fry pan. The small
>> freezer holds a clay pot of garlic, family pic, and another antique
>> large mason jar. Then there is the canning rack that holds all my
>> canning equipment, more herbs & spices, and all the jars of homecanned
>> goodies. The rack is stuffed to the hilt but tends to be the highlight
>> of the kitchen especially amongst my friends who are always looking to
>> snitch a jar of their favourite homecanned goodies. There is no table
>> or room for one. My microwave is on a stand that also holds an antique
>> replica breadbox, more canned goodies, and a few cookbooks. He
>> definitely wouldn't like my kitchen.

> I would. I've had two kitchens like that and, after we move, will likely
> have one again. I love having the old crockery, jars, boxes, etc., out
> there and usable. I do, however, keep my spices in a cabinet because
> they're better off in the dark.

I love to make disasters when I cook DDDDDD! You can see in my pics DDD
Cheers
Pandora

> --
> Wayne Boatwright **
> __________________________________________________ ________________
> And if we enter a room full of manure, may we believe in the pony.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
sarah bennett

Margaret Suran wrote:

> modom wrote:
>
>> I propose that we exchange pictures of our kitchens. I'll start:
>> http://tinypic.com/jv1zxt.jpg
>>
>> Note that it's a mess. D and I usually keep it a little neater than
>> that, but not today.
>>
>> What does yours look like?
>>

>> modom

> Dirty Show Off!!!! You have Kitchen Cabinets and an Island!!!! This is
> not fair and I will not play this game. So there. (
>
> Now, if someone initiates a game where we show the tiniest kitchens, the
> ones with the least space......

I can do that!

--

saerah

http://anisaerah.blogspot.com/

-Baruch Spinoza

-Douglas Adams
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Christine Dabney

On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 21:46:12 GMT, sarah bennett
> wrote:

>Margaret Suran wrote:

>> Now, if someone initiates a game where we show the tiniest kitchens, the
>> ones with the least space......

>I can do that!

Yours isn't that small. Wait til I get mine cleaned up...

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking
sarah bennett

Christine Dabney wrote:
> On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 21:46:12 GMT, sarah bennett
> > wrote:
>

>>Margaret Suran wrote:

>>>Now, if someone initiates a game where we show the tiniest kitchens, the
>>>ones with the least space......

>>I can do that!
>>

> Yours isn't that small. Wait til I get mine cleaned up...
>
> Christine

the floor space is less than 6x6

--

saerah

http://anisaerah.blogspot.com/

-Baruch Spinoza

-Douglas Adams
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Christine Dabney

On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 21:50:48 GMT, sarah bennett
> wrote:

>the floor space is less than 6x6
>
>--
>
>saerah

Mine is much less than that right now...I have this tiny apartment
kitchen..with much less counter space, and cabinet space than you
have.

Christine

Posted to rec.food.cooking
~patches~

modom wrote:

> On Sun, 8 Jan 2006 15:22:15 -0500, "MoM" >
> wrote:
>

>>"modom" > wrote in message
. ..

>>>I propose that we exchange pictures of our kitchens. I'll
>>>start:
>>>http://tinypic.com/jv1zxt.jpg
>>>
>>>Note that it's a mess. D and I usually keep it a little
>>>neater than
>>>that, but not today.
>>>
>>>What does yours look like?
>>>

>>>modom

>>Nice!
>>
>>Ours is similar, lighter and more campact
>>
>>http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos
>>
>>MoM
>>

> I couldn't get the link to work on my system, MoM.
>
> Lighter would be better in my kitchen, for sure. I think next summer
> I'm going to paint all the cabinets white for the light that'll afford
> me.
>

> modom

Modom, I couldn't either. It takes me to a sign up page
Posted to rec.food.cooking
sarah bennett

Christine Dabney wrote:
> On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 21:50:48 GMT, sarah bennett
> > wrote:
>

>>the floor space is less than 6x6
>>
>>--
>>
>>saerah

> Mine is much less than that right now...I have this tiny apartment
> kitchen..with much less counter space, and cabinet space than you
> have.
>
> Christine

k; I feel grateful for my apartment kichen then

--

saerah

http://anisaerah.blogspot.com/

-Baruch Spinoza

-Douglas Adams
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dee Randall

"Pandora" > wrote in message

> "modom" > ha scritto nel messaggio
>>I propose that we exchange pictures of our kitchens. I'll start:
>> http://tinypic.com/jv1zxt.jpg

> Uhauuuuuuu! Beautiful! I see an hand in the picture. Do you read hands?
> Pan

And I see a "hound," do I not?
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown

modom wrote:
> I propose that we exchange pictures of our kitchens. I'll start:
> http://tinypic.com/jv1zxt.jpg
>
> Note that it's a mess. D and I usually keep it a little neater than
> that, but not today.
>
> What does yours look like?
>

> modom

Mine looks like a train wreck. No way are you getting photos of my kitchen!

Jill