General Cooking (rec.food.cooking) For general food and cooking discussion. Foods of all kinds, food procurement, cooking methods and techniques, eating, etc.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Cynthia
 
Posts: n/a
Default For Washington Foodies With Great Kitchens...

I found out about this from a good friend of mine. I'm passing on the
press release.
(Hope this isn't considered spam...)



For Immediate Release
January 4, 2006

Chef Paul Luna Leaves DC Restaurant &
Breaks Into Homes in 2006
Offers Extreme Cooking Classes in the Comfort of Washington Area Homes

Washington, D.C. - In the spirit of reinventing himself this New
Year, Chef Paul Luna is launching Extreme Home Cooking for residents in
the greater Washington area, including Virginia and Maryland.

With promotional prices for January starting at $20.06 an hour for a
party of four, Chef Luna brings fine dining to Washington area homes
and serves up a four or five-course meal of the customers' choosing
- whether for breakfast, brunch, lunch, tea or dinner. All customers
need to do is contact Chef Luna at to book a date,
brainstorm dishes and be hungry to experience fine dining in his or her
own space.

While the service does not cover food costs, Chef Luna purchases all of
the necessary ingredients and brings them to the event. Customers can
either accompany the chef to select groceries with their own on-hand
expert, or they can relax at home knowing that everything is taken care
of.

"Extreme home cooking can be as interactive as you want," says
Luna, who left the Oval Room to continue doing what he enjoys most -
sharing his kitchen craft with foodies. "Whether you want a personal
chef for the night without breaking the bank or whether you want to
learn how to serve a five-course meal to entertain your friends, the
choice is yours."

Luna's innovative Extreme Cooking classes at the Oval Room in
downtown Washington have been popular for giving guests the hands-on
experience of working in an upscale restaurant kitchen. Students helped
design their own menu options and learned to sear and sauté their
creations. This year Luna hopes to recreate these experiences in the
comfort of area residents' homes. Away from the stress and bustle of
the restaurant, a dinner party can enjoy an amazing meal and have the
opportunity to learn fine foodie tips from a world-class chef.

Chef Paul Luna has more than 15 years experience working as an
executive chef. His training includes apprenticeships in France, Italy,
and New York City. He has opened three popular restaurants in Atlanta,
Ga., and worked as executive chef at Washington's Oval Room in 2005
where he first introduced his Extreme Cooking classes to
Washingtonians.

# # #

  #2 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Cynthia
 
Posts: n/a
Default For Washington Foodies With Great Kitchens...

it sounded like a great idea to me too.
Am trying to hint to my s.o. that this would be a great idea for next
month!

  #3 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bob Terwilliger
 
Posts: n/a
Default For Washington Foodies With Great Kitchens...

Cynthia forwarded:

> "Extreme home cooking can be as interactive as you want," says Luna, who
> left the Oval Room to continue doing what he enjoys most - sharing his
> kitchen craft with foodies. "Whether you want a personal chef for the
> night without breaking the bank or whether you want to learn how to serve
> a five-course meal to entertain your friends, the choice is yours."


What makes it "extreme"? Does he festoon the kitchen with broken glass and
barbed wire?

Bob


  #4 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown
 
Posts: n/a
Default For Washington Foodies With Great Kitchens...

Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
> "Cynthia" > looking for trouble wrote in
> ups.com:
>
>> For Immediate Release
>> January 4, 2006
>>
>> Chef Paul Luna Leaves DC Restaurant &
>> Breaks Into Homes in 2006
>> Offers Extreme Cooking Classes in the Comfort of Washington Area
>> Homes
>>
>> Washington, D.C. - In the spirit of reinventing himself this New
>> Year, Chef Paul Luna is launching Extreme Home Cooking for residents
>> in the greater Washington area, including Virginia and Maryland.
>>
>> With promotional prices for January starting at $20.06 an hour for a
>> party of four, Chef Luna brings fine dining to Washington area homes
>> and serves up a four or five-course meal of the customers' choosing
>> - whether for breakfast, brunch, lunch, tea or dinner. All customers
>> need to do is contact Chef Luna at to book a
>> date, brainstorm dishes and be hungry to experience fine dining in
>> his or her own space.

>
> <scissored>
>
> I wish we had someone like him in St. Louis. I think it would be fun
> to accompany him from start to finish. Shopping, cooking,
> presentation and all of it would be fun to learn from a pro. Thanks
> for the post.
>
> Michael


My brother Scott didn't get to do the shopping with experience but he did
have a chance to attend free cooking classes (courtesy of his real estate
agent) at a local bistro, Jarrett's. The menu is below:

http://www.jarretts.com/menu.htm

I've posted the recipe for Crustacean Cocktail several times. It's
delicious!

It would be great to have the chef come into your home.

Jill


  #5 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Cynthia
 
Posts: n/a
Default For Washington Foodies With Great Kitchens...

LOL!
think the "Extreme" term is an extension of the name he used when he
was offering cooking classes at the restaurant here, in downtown DC.
The idea was that the guests could experience a restaurant kitchen to
prepare their own meals, but if there was a sudden influx of people,
the "extreme students" (or whatever you wanna call them) would have to
roll up their sleeves and help out. You know, "a day in the life of a
chef" or whatever. Anyway, the "brand extension" is just a guess on my
part...



  #6 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown
 
Posts: n/a
Default For Washington Foodies With Great Kitchens...

Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
> "jmcquown" > looking for trouble wrote in
> :
>
>> Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
>>> "Cynthia" > looking for trouble wrote in
>>> ups.com:
>>>
>>>> For Immediate Release
>>>> January 4, 2006
>>>>
>>>> Chef Paul Luna Leaves DC Restaurant &
>>>> Breaks Into Homes in 2006
>>>> Offers Extreme Cooking Classes in the Comfort of Washington Area
>>>> Homes
>>>>
>>>> Washington, D.C. - In the spirit of reinventing himself this New
>>>> Year, Chef Paul Luna is launching Extreme Home Cooking for
>>>> residents in the greater Washington area, including Virginia and
>>>> Maryland.
>>>>
>>>> With promotional prices for January starting at $20.06 an hour for
>>>> a party of four, Chef Luna brings fine dining to Washington area
>>>> homes and serves up a four or five-course meal of the customers'
>>>> choosing - whether for breakfast, brunch, lunch, tea or dinner.
>>>> All customers need to do is contact Chef Luna at
>>>> to book a
>>>> date, brainstorm dishes and be hungry to experience fine dining in
>>>> his or her own space.
>>>
>>> <scissored>
>>>
>>> I wish we had someone like him in St. Louis. I think it would be
>>> fun to accompany him from start to finish. Shopping, cooking,
>>> presentation and all of it would be fun to learn from a pro. Thanks
>>> for the post.
>>>
>>> Michael

>>
>> My brother Scott didn't get to do the shopping with experience but
>> he did have a chance to attend free cooking classes (courtesy of his
>> real estate agent) at a local bistro, Jarrett's. The menu is below:
>>
>>
http://www.jarretts.com/menu.htm
>>
>> I've posted the recipe for Crustacean Cocktail several times. It's
>> delicious!
>>
>> It would be great to have the chef come into your home.
>>
>> Jill

>
> Hmmm... I wonder if I could convince Tyler Florence to come over for
> $20 an hour?
>
> Michael <- running away from Jill


Again, only if you are wearing ruby slippers or sprinkled glitter around!
Click your heals together twice and say "OMG,. these shoes *really hurt!*...
then amend it to say, "There's no thing like Tyler Florence in my home"

I don't have cable but I googled; he *is* cute!

Jill


  #7 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dee Randall
 
Posts: n/a
Default For Washington Foodies With Great Kitchens...

>>
>> It would be great to have the chef come into your home.
>>
>> Jill

>
> Hmmm... I wonder if I could convince Tyler Florence to come over for $20
> an
> hour?
>
> Michael <- running away from Jill
>


There would be other things on my mind besides cooking.
Never to old,
Dee Dee


Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Big Kitchens Ed Pawlowski General Cooking 95 16-09-2015 05:35 AM
Tiny kitchens Cheryl[_3_] General Cooking 62 06-11-2011 04:29 PM
Pictures of our kitchens modom General Cooking 230 01-02-2006 07:23 AM
pics of our kitchens elaine General Cooking 9 21-01-2006 02:13 AM
FYI... Kitchens Etc Blanche Nonken Cooking Equipment 0 29-08-2004 07:28 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004-2024 FoodBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Food and drink"