Posted to rec.food.cooking
djs0302

Default Leftover Christmas cookies

I bought 6 boxes of Christmas sugar cookies from the grocery today.
They were 14 ounce boxes and they only cost 31 cents a box. Normally I
prefer to make my cookies from scratch but I couldn't pass up a bargain
like that.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dave Smith

djs0302 wrote:

> I bought 6 boxes of Christmas sugar cookies from the grocery today.
> They were 14 ounce boxes and they only cost 31 cents a box. Normally I
> prefer to make my cookies from scratch but I couldn't pass up a bargain
> like that.

Sorry, but I can't help but ask if they were worth the 13 cents per box.
When I shop I see lots of things that are cheap but not worth buying at any
price.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
djs0302

Dave Smith wrote:

> Sorry, but I can't help but ask if they were worth the 13 cents per box.
> When I shop I see lots of things that are cheap but not worth buying at any
> price.

Yes, they were worth the 31 cents. They were Kroger brand Christmas
butter cookies. The store was trying to get rid of all their leftover
Christmas items. Things like decorations can always be sent back to
the warehouse or manufacturer and be brought back the next year. Food
items though have to either be sold at a reduced price or be thrown
out. They had to reduce them to such a low price because nobody wants
to buy Christmas cookies after Christmas.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
rox formerly rmg

"djs0302" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> They had to reduce them to such a low price because nobody wants
> to buy Christmas cookies after Christmas.

Well, ALMOST nobody :-D

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young

"djs0302" > wrote

> Yes, they were worth the 31 cents. They were Kroger brand Christmas
> butter cookies. The store was trying to get rid of all their leftover
> Christmas items. Things like decorations can always be sent back to
> the warehouse or manufacturer and be brought back the next year. Food
> items though have to either be sold at a reduced price or be thrown
> out. They had to reduce them to such a low price because nobody wants
> to buy Christmas cookies after Christmas.

I picked up some candy dressed up in Christmas colors for a
decent price. I don't know what happens to that stuff if they don't
sell it ... one would hope it would be donated to someplace, of course it's
not as perishable as cookies.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin'

In article >,
"Nancy Young" > wrote:

> I picked up some candy dressed up in Christmas colors for a
> decent price. I don't know what happens to that stuff if they don't
> sell it ... one would hope it would be donated to someplace, of course it's
> not as perishable as cookies.
>
> nancy

Minginess tip: Buy the Hershey's kisses (Christmas packaging in red.
green, and silver foil) and cull the red ones for Valentine's day and
the green ones for St. Patrick's Day. No charge; my pleasure to be of
service.
--
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 1-3-2006, Sam I Am! and Hello!
Posted to rec.food.cooking
tori

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> Minginess tip: Buy the Hershey's kisses (Christmas packaging in red.
> green, and silver foil) and cull the red ones for Valentine's day and
> the green ones for St. Patrick's Day. No charge; my pleasure to be of
> service.

HeeHee! I thought I was the only one that did that. ;o)

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young

"tori" > wrote

> "Melba's Jammin'" > wrote

>> Minginess tip: Buy the Hershey's kisses (Christmas packaging in red.
>> green, and silver foil) and cull the red ones for Valentine's day and
>> the green ones for St. Patrick's Day. No charge; my pleasure to be of
>> service.

> HeeHee! I thought I was the only one that did that. ;o)

I thought it was funny, too ... especially the part where the candy might
still be around on Feb 14th and, even funnier, Mar 17th.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Wayne Boatwright

On Sat 07 Jan 2006 08:51:57p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it tori?

> "Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
>> Minginess tip: Buy the Hershey's kisses (Christmas packaging in red.
>> green, and silver foil) and cull the red ones for Valentine's day and
>> the green ones for St. Patrick's Day. No charge; my pleasure to be of
>> service.

> HeeHee! I thought I was the only one that did that. ;o)

hehehe! If something's been done, Barb has probably done it. <g>

--
Wayne Boatwright **
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Wayne Boatwright

On Sat 07 Jan 2006 08:57:24p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Nancy
Young?

> "tori" > wrote
>
>> "Melba's Jammin'" > wrote

>>> Minginess tip: Buy the Hershey's kisses (Christmas packaging in red.
>>> green, and silver foil) and cull the red ones for Valentine's day and
>>> the green ones for St. Patrick's Day. No charge; my pleasure to be of
>>> service.

>> HeeHee! I thought I was the only one that did that. ;o)

> I thought it was funny, too ... especially the part where the candy might
> still be around on Feb 14th and, even funnier, Mar 17th.
>
> nancy

You must be a chocolate pig. There are lots of us around.

--
Wayne Boatwright **

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote

> On Sat 07 Jan 2006 08:57:24p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Nancy
> Young?

>> I thought it was funny, too ... especially the part where the candy might
>> still be around on Feb 14th and, even funnier, Mar 17th.

> You must be a chocolate pig. There are lots of us around.

Over the past few months I've turned into a junk food junkie.
Gotta cut that out.

nancy