FoodBanter.com

-   -   Cinnamon Roll Pizza/Cinnasticks (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/77993-re-cinnamon-roll-pizza.html)

Cliff Hartle 01-01-2006 07:11 PM

Cinnamon Roll Pizza/Cinnasticks

I think they are small pieces of pizza dough coated in cinnamon and sugar
(maybe in syrup form), rolled up, stuffed into a pan and baked.

Then after they are baked, they are drizzled with icing.

Wayne Boatwright 03-01-2006 08:05 AM

Cinnamon Roll Pizza/Cinnasticks

On Mon 02 Jan 2006 11:35:22p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it ?

> On Sun, 01 Jan 2006 18:11:54 GMT, "Cliff Hartle"
> > wrote:
>
>>I think they are small pieces of pizza dough coated in cinnamon and
>>sugar (maybe in syrup form), rolled up, stuffed into a pan and baked.
>>
>>Then after they are baked, they are drizzled with icing.

> That was my theory as well, but the Ciccis product is MUCH TOO THICK for
> traditional pizza dough when baked. Its very thick, maybe 1-2" very
> close to a normal sweet/cinnamon roll.
>
> So this must be a different dough than the pizza batch.
>
> Cinnasticks are just that pizza dough as they are about the same
> thickness. ----

It would seem that a lot depends on how thick you roll out the dough and
how long you let it rise. Pizza dough is not really much different than
many other bread doughs.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*