Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf

Default New Year's food

I went to the South Beach diet website and saw an interesting recipe
that I'll make for tonight...

Whole-Wheat Penne with Eggplant and Ricotta

Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
4 servings

Ingredients
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for pan
1 1/2 pounds eggplant, cut into 1-inch cubes
8 ounces whole-wheat or spelt penne (I'm using regular, mini-penne)
1 small onion, thinly sliced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 (14.5-ounce) can chopped tomatoes
2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

(I'll add at least 1/4t oregano to this)

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Damsel in dis Dress

On Sat, 31 Dec 2005 12:44:41 -0800, sf >
wrote:

> I went to the South Beach diet website and saw an interesting recipe
> that I'll make for tonight...
>
> Whole-Wheat Penne with Eggplant and Ricotta

Thanks for posting this, sf. I'd be inclined to make it without the
pasta, simply because I don't care for whole wheat pastas. But it
sure does look good!

Happy New Year!
Carol
Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf

On Sat, 31 Dec 2005 17:18:26 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

> On Sat, 31 Dec 2005 12:44:41 -0800, sf >
> wrote:
>
> > I went to the South Beach diet website and saw an interesting recipe
> > that I'll make for tonight...
> >
> > Whole-Wheat Penne with Eggplant and Ricotta

> Thanks for posting this, sf. I'd be inclined to make it without the
> pasta, simply because I don't care for whole wheat pastas. But it
> sure does look good!

My pasta isn't whole wheat! I'm using the regular stuff.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jude

This looks like a ghood start, but what about the technique? All i see
is a list of ingredients. I could fake it but I
'd rather not.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf

On 1 Jan 2006 14:54:51 -0800, Jude wrote:

> This looks like a ghood start, but what about the technique? All i see
> is a list of ingredients. I could fake it but I
> 'd rather not.

I goofed and didn't post the entire thing and didn't think anyone was
interested enough for me to correct it. You can find the entire
recipe in Ping: Kimberly.

Hope you like it, everyone did last night.