Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bubba

Default Body Chains

Anyone know what a butcher's body chain is used for?

Thanks,
Bubba
--
You wanna measure or you wanna cook?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bubba wrote:
> Anyone know what a butcher's body chain is used for?
>
> Thanks,
> Bubba
> --

It depends upoin what the butcher looks like.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
cytodd

http://www.schlachthausfreund.de/en/...esh/aprons.php

any questions?

Posted to rec.food.cooking
cytodd

Bubba wrote:
> Anyone know what a butcher's body chain is used for?

http://www.schlachthausfreund.de/en/...esh/aprons.php

It's used for protection during butchering operations. Also chain
gloves are used...

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bubba

cytodd wrote:
> Bubba wrote:
>
>>Anyone know what a butcher's body chain is used for?

> http://www.schlachthausfreund.de/en/...esh/aprons.php
>
> It's used for protection during butchering operations. Also chain
> gloves are used...

Thanks. That makes sense, but the body chains I ran across look like this:

http://twincutlery.hypermart.net/item9110200r.html

It's got me puzzled.

Bubba

--
You wanna measure or you wanna cook?

Posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article >,
Bubba > wrote:

> cytodd wrote:
> > Bubba wrote:
> >
> >>Anyone know what a butcher's body chain is used for?

> > http://www.schlachthausfreund.de/en/...esh/aprons.php
> >
> > It's used for protection during butchering operations. Also chain
> > gloves are used...
> >

> Thanks. That makes sense, but the body chains I ran across look like this:
>
> http://twincutlery.hypermart.net/item9110200r.html
>
> It's got me puzzled.
>
> Bubba

Maybe it's for lifting the body of the cow on the block and tackle???
--
Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy G.

Just a guess on my part, but in commercial operations a power saw is
used to split the carcass down the backbone. It looks like it may be a
replacement saw blade for that purpose.

Years ago our slaughter man used a modified chainsaw for this pupose.
For small homestead operations you can use a bone saw or even a new
hacksaw and saw by hand.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article .com>,
"Nancy G." > wrote:

> Just a guess on my part, but in commercial operations a power saw is
> used to split the carcass down the backbone. It looks like it may be a
> replacement saw blade for that purpose.
>
> Years ago our slaughter man used a modified chainsaw for this pupose.
> For small homestead operations you can use a bone saw or even a new
> hacksaw and saw by hand.

Some people use electric reciprocating saws too. :-)
--
Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Tony P.

In article .com>,
says...

http://www.schlachthausfreund.de/en/...esh/aprons.php

> any questions?

Good old chain-mail. So the Germans really do keep that stuff up to
date. Nice to know.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
nancree

It looks like a replacement chain for a chain saw (used to split
backbone).

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sheldon

Bubba wrote:
> cytodd wrote:
> > Bubba wrote:
> >
> >>Anyone know what a butcher's body chain is used for?

> > http://www.schlachthausfreund.de/en/...esh/aprons.php
> >
> > It's used for protection during butchering operations. Also chain
> > gloves are used...
> >

> Thanks. That makes sense, but the body chains I ran across look like this:
>
> http://twincutlery.hypermart.net/item9110200r.html

The body chains I run across look like this: http://tinyurl.com/88qru

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bubba

Sheldon wrote:
> Bubba wrote:
>
>>cytodd wrote:

>>>http://www.schlachthausfreund.de/en/...esh/aprons.php
>>>
>>>It's used for protection during butchering operations. Also chain
>>>gloves are used...
>>>

>>Thanks. That makes sense, but the body chains I ran across look like this:
>>
>>http://twincutlery.hypermart.net/item9110200r.html

> The body chains I run across look like this: http://tinyurl.com/88qru

Nice....but....they look different somehow! And if I order those....my
wife's gonna be ****ED!!!

Happy New Year!!!!!

Bubba

--
You wanna measure or you wanna cook?
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ken Davey

Sheldon wrote:
> Bubba wrote:
>> cytodd wrote:

>>> http://www.schlachthausfreund.de/en/...esh/aprons.php
>>>
>>> It's used for protection during butchering operations. Also chain
>>> gloves are used...
>>>

>> Thanks. That makes sense, but the body chains I ran across look
>> like this:
>>
>> http://twincutlery.hypermart.net/item9110200r.html

> The body chains I run across look like this: http://tinyurl.com/88qru

Sure tells us what *you* do in your spare time.
--
http://www.rupert.net/~solar
Return address supplied by 'spammotel'