Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Is this salmon still edible after 3 days in the fridge?

I bought some salmon on Christmas Eve and didn't use it. I marinated it
last night and am thinking about cooking it for lunch, is it still good
to eat after 3 days being raw in my fridge?

Posted to rec.food.cooking
sarah bennett

wrote:
> I bought some salmon on Christmas Eve and didn't use it. I marinated it
> last night and am thinking about cooking it for lunch, is it still good
> to eat after 3 days being raw in my fridge?

I would probably not eat it, unless it had been kept on ice.

--

saerah

http://anisaerah.blogspot.com/

-Baruch Spinoza

-Douglas Adams
Posted to rec.food.cooking
The Bubbo

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

> ROFLMAO!!!
>
> At least cats are a _little_ pickier than that....
> but they lick their butts too.
>
> And generally right after eating. <G>

this is why i never let them lick me!
the day my puppy discovered the cat box was the worst day ever

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article >,
The Bubbo > wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
>

> > ROFLMAO!!!
> >
> > At least cats are a _little_ pickier than that....
> > but they lick their butts too.
> >
> > And generally right after eating. <G>

> this is why i never let them lick me!
> the day my puppy discovered the cat box was the worst day ever

Oh lordy!

Coprophiliac dogs and litter boxes can be a real PITA.
Do some googling. There are supposed to be solutions for sale to help
with that issue.....

Cheers!
--
Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
The Bubbo

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> In article >,
> The Bubbo > wrote:
>
>> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
>>

>> > ROFLMAO!!!
>> >
>> > At least cats are a _little_ pickier than that....
>> > but they lick their butts too.
>> >
>> > And generally right after eating. <G>

>> this is why i never let them lick me!
>> the day my puppy discovered the cat box was the worst day ever

> Oh lordy!
>
> Coprophiliac dogs and litter boxes can be a real PITA.
> Do some googling. There are supposed to be solutions for sale to help
> with that issue.....
>
> Cheers!

Luckily, the cats were my ex's and we no longer live together so the cat box
is no longer an issue. A VERY bad bellyache pretty much cured him of the
rabbit turds.

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com
Step off, beyotches, I'm the roflpimp!
Posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article >,
The Bubbo > wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> > In article >,
> > The Bubbo > wrote:

> >> this is why i never let them lick me!
> >> the day my puppy discovered the cat box was the worst day ever

> > Oh lordy!
> >
> > Coprophiliac dogs and litter boxes can be a real PITA.
> > Do some googling. There are supposed to be solutions for sale to help
> > with that issue.....
> >
> > Cheers!

> Luckily, the cats were my ex's and we no longer live together so the cat box
> is no longer an issue. A VERY bad bellyache pretty much cured him of the
> rabbit turds.

Wow.

Even my worst dog that did that sort of thing (a female Whippet that
LOVED the litter box) never did eat rabbit turds!

I had a dog that liked to roll in them tho'. ;-)

OB food: Southern fried rabbit...
Good stuff!
Especially cooked right after processing
before it even cooled off.
--
Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
The Bubbo

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

> Wow.
>
> Even my worst dog that did that sort of thing (a female Whippet that
> LOVED the litter box) never did eat rabbit turds!
>
> I had a dog that liked to roll in them tho'. ;-)
>
> OB food: Southern fried rabbit...
> Good stuff!
> Especially cooked right after processing
> before it even cooled off.

they were candy to him. The vet assured me he'd be fine, mabe get a bellyache
now an again. He also got ahold of a dead sparrow that my mom's cat brought
home. As soon as I picked him up to get it out of his mouth he swallowed it
whole. He was probably 4 or 5 months at the time. I freaked. He was fine.

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com
Step off, beyotches, I'm the roflpimp!
Posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article >,
The Bubbo > wrote:

> they were candy to him. The vet assured me he'd be fine, mabe get a bellyache
> now an again. He also got ahold of a dead sparrow that my mom's cat brought
> home. As soon as I picked him up to get it out of his mouth he swallowed it
> whole. He was probably 4 or 5 months at the time. I freaked. He was fine.

<lol> My vet calls dogs like that "garbage guts".
I had an adopted stray that used to do stuff like that...

He did get a bit sick from time to time tho'.
I just tried to prevent him from getting spoiled stuff
out of the compost.
--
Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
The Bubbo

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> In article >,
> The Bubbo > wrote:
>

>> they were candy to him. The vet assured me he'd be fine, mabe get a

bellyache
>> now an again. He also got ahold of a dead sparrow that my mom's cat brought
>> home. As soon as I picked him up to get it out of his mouth he swallowed it
>> whole. He was probably 4 or 5 months at the time. I freaked. He was fine.

> <lol> My vet calls dogs like that "garbage guts".
> I had an adopted stray that used to do stuff like that...
>
> He did get a bit sick from time to time tho'.
> I just tried to prevent him from getting spoiled stuff
> out of the compost.

I used to buy this these toy keys, they were made by Nylabone, all chewy and
everything. He chews so much and so hard (he destroyed a Kong for cripes sake)
that he would eat through those keys and finally I got sick of finding
multi-colored piles of puke all over the place. He gets REALLY HARD chew toys
now.

That and stuffed animals to eviscerate.

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com
Step off, beyotches, I'm the roflpimp!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Just to followup - I ate the Salmon for lunch and I have survived! It
was incredible. I never marinated salmon overnight before and the
marinade permeated the entire fish. If anyone is interested the
marinade was soy sauce, cider vinegar, red pepper, olive oil and
McCormick's Carribbean Jerk seasoning.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Denny Wheeler

On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 03:15:34 GMT, The Bubbo >
wrote:

>OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

>> <lol> My vet calls dogs like that "garbage guts".
>> I had an adopted stray that used to do stuff like that...
>>
>> He did get a bit sick from time to time tho'.
>> I just tried to prevent him from getting spoiled stuff
>> out of the compost.

>I used to buy this these toy keys, they were made by Nylabone, all chewy and
>everything. He chews so much and so hard (he destroyed a Kong for cripes sake)
>that he would eat through those keys and finally I got sick of finding
>multi-colored piles of puke all over the place. He gets REALLY HARD chew toys
>now.
>
>That and stuffed animals to eviscerate.

Have you considered giving him haunch of Sheldon? That should be
quite tough.

--
-denny-
"Do your thoughts call ahead or do they just arrive at your mouth unannounced?"

"It's come as you are, baby."

-over the hedge
Posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article >,
The Bubbo > wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> > In article >,
> > The Bubbo > wrote:
> >

> >> they were candy to him. The vet assured me he'd be fine, mabe get a

> bellyache
> >> now an again. He also got ahold of a dead sparrow that my mom's cat brought
> >> home. As soon as I picked him up to get it out of his mouth he swallowed it
> >> whole. He was probably 4 or 5 months at the time. I freaked. He was fine.

> > <lol> My vet calls dogs like that "garbage guts".
> > I had an adopted stray that used to do stuff like that...
> >
> > He did get a bit sick from time to time tho'.
> > I just tried to prevent him from getting spoiled stuff
> > out of the compost.

> I used to buy this these toy keys, they were made by Nylabone, all chewy and
> everything. He chews so much and so hard (he destroyed a Kong for cripes sake)
> that he would eat through those keys and finally I got sick of finding
> multi-colored piles of puke all over the place. He gets REALLY HARD chew toys
> now.
>
> That and stuffed animals to eviscerate.

I'm amazed he could destroy a Kong!!!
--
Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Denny Wheeler

On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 23:51:37 -0500, "Dee Randall"
> wrote:

>I've always heard that fish and relatives both go bad after 3 days. No one
>has told me if statement refers to cooked fish or raw fish.

How about cooked or raw relatives?
<rimshot>
--
-denny-
"Do your thoughts call ahead or do they just arrive at your mouth unannounced?"

"It's come as you are, baby."

-over the hedge
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dee Randall

"Denny Wheeler" > wrote in message
news
> On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 23:51:37 -0500, "Dee Randall"
> > wrote:
>
>>I've always heard that fish and relatives both go bad after 3 days. No
>>one
>>has told me if statement refers to cooked fish or raw fish.

> How about cooked or raw relatives?
> <rimshot>
> --
> -denny-