Posted to rec.food.cooking
Andy

Default Coffee Machine "Senseo" TV commercial!???

Saw a commercial on TV for Senseo

http://www.senseo.com/en/Senseous

It's final "sales pitch" was "Every sip tastes as good as the last."

Forgive me but shouldn't that be:

"Every sip tastes as good as the first." ???

Andy
Non a coffee drinker
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young

"Andy" <q> wrote

> Saw a commercial on TV for Senseo
>
> http://www.senseo.com/en/Senseous
>
> It's final "sales pitch" was "Every sip tastes as good as the last."
>
> Forgive me but shouldn't that be:
>
> "Every sip tastes as good as the first." ???

(laugh) That's really funny, now I have to listen to it
next time rather than look at those unusual green/blue
eyes on the model.

I guess it's every sip as good as the last one you took?
Which would be as good as the first? Either way, looks
like a hell of an expensive way to get your morning
coffee.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sheldon

Andy wrote:
> Saw a commercial on TV for Senseo
>
> http://www.senseo.com/en/Senseous
>
> It's final "sales pitch" was "Every sip tastes as good as the last."
>
> Forgive me but shouldn't that be:
>
> "Every sip tastes as good as the first." ???

They are equal...in the verbose Posterior sort of way, when you don't
know of what you speak slay them with wordiness... because if you want
to get picky "Every sip tastes as good."

Good marketing copy is that which makes folks dwell on the ad for as
long as possible... does that make senseo... hey, I can speak guinea!
LOL

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Andy

"Sheldon" > wrote in
ups.com:

> Good marketing copy is that which makes folks dwell on the ad for as
> long as possible... does that make senseo... hey, I can speak guinea!
> LOL

Sheldon,

For that you get an "attaboy".

ANdy
Posted to rec.food.cooking
wff_ng_7

"Andy" <q> wrote:
> Saw a commercial on TV for Senseo
>
> http://www.senseo.com/en/Senseous
>
> It's final "sales pitch" was "Every sip tastes as good as the last."
>
> Forgive me but shouldn't that be:
>
> "Every sip tastes as good as the first." ???

Not really the same thing, but it reminds me of Schaeffer's old jingle: "the
beer to have when you're having more than one"

Which to me always said: "the beer to have when you're going to get so
plastered, taste really doesn't matter"

--
( #wff_ng_7# at #verizon# period #net# )

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Boron Elgar

On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 18:30:39 GMT, "wff_ng_7" >
wrote:

>"Andy" <q> wrote:
>> Saw a commercial on TV for Senseo
>>
>> http://www.senseo.com/en/Senseous
>>
>> It's final "sales pitch" was "Every sip tastes as good as the last."
>>
>> Forgive me but shouldn't that be:
>>
>> "Every sip tastes as good as the first." ???

Maxwell house used to use "Good to the very last drop." Using that
rationale, the Senseo line makes sense. They are good machines. I have
one. The coffee is quite nice if one buys a pod adaptor and uses what
a better grade of coffee than the pre-packed pods provide.

>Not really the same thing, but it reminds me of Schaeffer's old jingle: "the
>beer to have when you're having more than one"

"Schaeffer is the one beer to have when you're having more than one."
Gives it the full symmetry.

>Which to me always said: "the beer to have when you're going to get so
>plastered, taste really doesn't matter"

I don't think it ever won any prizes, but it sure does remind me of
Yankee games.

Boron

Posted to rec.food.cooking
levelwave

> Forgive me but shouldn't that be:
>
> "Every sip tastes as good as the first." ???

Maybe it's just me, but I actually enjoy my cup of coffee more and more
with each sip... the first sip is always strong and bitter... then it
smoothes out with each sip with the last inch or so being the best.

~john